| || |
Gold was first discovered on this property in 1915,by a well establish mining company known as the Hayden Gold Mines, Limited. It was here that the mine would be called the Hayden Property as it wasn't developed yet during this time period of discovering gold mineralization. At the time this property was rather known to have been located on 5 claims that became registered as H.R 937, H.R 938, HR. 939, 6899 P, and 6900 P. This whole entire property was discovered on the eastern part of Ogden Township, that was located 3 1/2 miles south of the town of Timmins, Ontario, Canada.
Almost all development on this claim had soon started on August, 1915, which include the construction of a boiler house, blacksmith shop, carpenter shop, water tank, and it's own on-site camp accommodations. With this construction proceeding the Hayden Gold MInes, Limited had officially sunken the No.1 shaft to a depth of 109 feet below the collar. It would also be opened up by 1 level that became constructed on the 100 foot section at the time of opening this mining operation. Much of this development included opening up a cross-cut that traveled for a length of 114 feet to the north of the No. 1 shaft. Further into this development, it was rather stated that the drift would continue west of the shaft for a distance of 21 feet, and had also opened up the east drift that became driven within the hard rock for 47 feet. There was also development proceeding south of the shaft when a cross-cut was constructed for a distance of 146 feet. During this time period it was rather believed that this mining operation was owned by W.M Hayden who also owned the Hayden Gold Mines, Limited.
Within 1916, the No. 1 Hayden Mine Shaft was sunken to another additional 216 feet as it was now reaching a depth of 318 feet. With major shaft expansions commencing the company would also cut, and station new levels at 200, and 300 feet below the collar. Not much constructing happened within this year, as the company only establish 235 feet of drifting on the newly developed levels by the end of 1916.
At the time this whole entire mining zone was rather being option by many different operators who sunken the shaft to a depth of 719 feet below ground levels. It was here that new development had proceeded when the companies establish new levels at 400, 550, and 700 feet below the collar.
As development continued the company would continue to further expand the shaft when it was sunken to the 375 foot level of this mining operation. It was within this time period that all underground work would become suspended by May, 1917 as the company was working on conducting diamond drilling. campaigns on this property. Nothing else happened within this year besides mainly being confined to diamond drilling after sinking the shaft further in to the ground. No further development would escalate from 1917 till about 1924
In 1927, the Hayden Gold Mines, Limited had accomplish an extensive diamond drilling program that was known for totalling 10,000 feet It was also within this time period that the company had added 3 more claims to this operation, and also optioned five more claims west of the original group. These claims alone we're known to be in two separate townships that we're located in Ogden, and Deloro, within the district of Cochrane. As explorations continued to take place the company would additionally conduct their own electrical survey on the property. After doing further explorations the company was about to bring this mining operation back to life for the second time in it's history.
By May, 1929, the Hayden Gold Mines, Limited we're rather re-organizing this mining operation when the main building became reconstructed. Company officials from the Hayden Gold Mines, Limited would also develop new buildings towards this mining operation. This included a Tile Hoist house, that had housed the compressor, and a small 20 H.P Heating Boiler. Another 10 by 16 foot electrical substation, a 12 by 14 foot magazine, and a 12 by 16 foot boiler house was also constructed. The newly upgraded camp buildings we're also known to be able to accommodate up to twenty five miners
As this became completed the company would now focus on dewatering the shaft for the third time when as it was reaching a depth of 719 feet below the collar. Most of the work within 1929, was mainly being focus on all levels except for the 550 foot level where the shaft was sunken on the main vein of this mining operation. In total development the company would construct 1,400 feet of lateral development within this year alone.
Within August, 1929, the company was rather starting on dewatering these workings as the shaft was now dewatered to the mines 550 foot level. As this occurred the company would place immediate crosscutting on the 300 foot level, and the main face was now advanced to about 150 by October of this year. No other development had taken place as the mine was being reconstructed along with the main buildings.
A small amount of development would continued in 1930, when the company had establish 2,039 feet of drifting, and crosscutting. It was also within this year that further diamond drilling was commenced on the property that totalled 2,432 feet. Nothing else was escalating within this mining operation as the workings became further expanded. and some explorations had been conducted.
In 1931, the company became re-organize as it was now known as the Hayden Gold Mines Company, Limited. Most of the work was being now confined to a new area that was located south of the vein system as a new discovery was made in this section of the property. In addition the company had place major development procedures in opening this ground up for further explorations. With development taking place on the new ground, it was reported that the company also constructed their very own small milling facility that used the methods of flotation, and amalgamation to treat this ore..
By 1932, a small milling facility that use methods of flotation, and amalgamation was put into operation. Operations at the newly developed milling facility and mine had operated from April, 23, to June, 30th, 1932. Within this year a new cyanide unit was added to the milling facility to increase it capacity to 40 tonnes per a day as it was about to be in operation by 1933, along with mining operations. Mining was rather taking place for 2 months before all milling procedures came to a full stop. Even production in the mine was reduce within this time period as most of the work was focusing on developing stopes when 100 feet of raising was done that totalled 2,580 tonnes of material. Within 1932, the milling facility had treated all of this ore before being suspended that year.
The Hayden Gold Mine was one of the oldest mining operations to come into operation within the Porcupine gold rush that sent many prospectors, and mining companies to explore this land. Most of the mining operations at the mine became revived in 1927, when a new mining plant was place in operation. In addition the old shaft that was out of commission had been constructed a few years ago as it was reaching a depth of 719 feet Within 1933, the new company known as the Hayden Gold Mines Company, Limited had mainly confined it self to the south side of the mining operation when it uncovered new gold veins. These veins we're reported to have been consistent but had showed low gold values within them at the time of the company reporting this.
Within the year of 1932, a new milling facility was fully in operation as it was capable of producing 40 tonnes of ore before the mine was closed down again. With this closure escalating the company was able to fully upgrade its milling facility in 1932, when more components became added that included the cyanide unit. As the mine slowly started to get back into production within 1933, the company also operated the milling facility. Results from the on site milling facility had produce very low quantity of gold ore that made company officially shut down mining operations once again. With low production the company soon made an agreement with Rochester Syndicate that purchase the mining operation on October. When the purchase became made the syndicate would now form their own company which was identified as the Naybob Gold Mines, Limited, as the mine was re-named to the Naybob Gold Mine.
The Naybob Gold Mines, Limited was strongly considered to have been formed in 1932, to take over the property of the former Hayden Gold Mine as it was now called the Naybob Gold Mine. Most of the mine workings within 1934, were rather kept pumped out before the company place full operations on the mine in December, 1934. In general being much of the development was confined to the mines 300, and 700 foot level within this time period of bring the mining project back to life. Almost all the work on the 700 foot level was being confined to the No. 703 vein zone that was undeveloped at the time of this opening. It was also reported that this vein structure was the most southerly vein of the group of three veins that strike southeast, and had dipped to the south west at about 55 degrees. With development continuing to take place a crosscut was also being constructed on the 300 foot level that was being expanded to intersect the same vein zone.
Development within 1935 was strongly confined to the 300, and 700 foot levels of this mining operation at the time. In addition the shaft was vertical two compartment operation that was sunken to a depth of 719 feet below the shaft collar, with levels establish at 100, 200, 300, 400, 550, and 700 feet. Company officials from the Naybob Mines, Limited had constructed the 300 foot level further when it now consisted 745 feet of crosscutting, and 390 feet of drifting. The 700 foot level was also expanded as it totalled 1,180 feet of crosscutting, 1,324 feet of drifting, and 219 feet of raising was done on the vein.
Further within the year of 1935, the company reconstructed the old Hayden Gold Mine Mill when it now consisted of a new ball mill. a flotation unit, and the Cyanide Unit. With this upgrade being made the company would soon increase it's capacity significantly within 1935. The on-site milling facility was known to have started operations on March, 1, 1935, with it's daily production rate of 100 tonnes of ore per a day. But it had it's own daily average of only 40 tonnes as it was being tested during this time period of bring it back into operation. With production escalating at a rapid pace the company was able to treat a total of 10,681 tonnes within this time period of operating for the first time. In total production that year the company was able to make a gross value of $23,338.29. By the end of this year the Naybob Mines, Limited would also develop their own refinery by the end of 1935. Some more issue also escalated within the 10 month period of being in operation as the company did not have enough financing to run this production. So nevertheless, mining operations became suspended for the time being while the company was looking to negotiate for refinancing to keep this mine running.
Most of the underground work was continued in 1936, when the company obtained the proper financing for this mining operation. Operations at the Naybob Gold Mine were shortly resumed on August, 24, 1936. Most of the work was being confined to the 300, 400, and 700 foot levels as the company was working on the No. 703 vein that extend upwards to the 300 foot level. Company officials from the Naybob Gold Mines, Limited would also place mandatory underground explorations on each of these levels. Within 1936, no stoping or milling was reported to have taken place as the drifts within the above levels became extend further within this mining operation.
More expanding continued to take place on the Naybob Gold Mine when the 300 foot level was expanded by another 133 feet of crosscutting, 708 feet of drifting, and 12 feet of raising. The 400 foot level was reopened for development within this time period as the company extended this level by 242 feet of crosscutting. Some more development was also escalating on the 700 foot level when 75 feet of crosscutting, 370 feet of drifting, and 302 feet of raising was done. This gave a total development footage of 450 feet of crosscutting, 1,078 feet of drifting, and 314 feet of raising. Some more upgrades would continue to take place in 1936, when the air-operated Ingersoll rand was upgrade to an electrical motor drive before underground work was commenced in 1936
Mining was continued in 1937, when the company was confined to the 300, 500, and 700 levels within the Naybob Gold Mine that year. The first level that was cut, and station on the mines 100 foot level had a total development footage of 128 feet of drifting, and 330 feet of crosscutting. Another level that was developed at 200 feet had a total development footage of 85 feet of drifting, and 198 feet of crosscutting. During 1937, the company also extended the 300 foot level when it totalled 3,109 feet of drifting, 1,514 feet of crosscutting, and 291 feet of raising. More development continued on the 400 foot level when it now totalled 869 feet of drifting, 1,103 feet of crosscutting, and 302 feet of raising. The 550 foot level was not developed during this time period as it only had a total lateral development footage of 35 feet of crosscutting. One more level that was located on the 700 foot section was also extend as it now consisted of 3,025 feet of drifting, 2,096 feet of crosscutting, and 817 feet of raising.
Besides developing the mine this company also focus on further exploring the Naybob Gold Mine Claim when seventy-one diamond drill holes, totalling a length of 14,983 feet became completed. These we're rather reported to have taken from underground. In addition the company didn't really make any important changes to the mining plant that year as it was still intact. Most of the construction that year was mainly confined to constructing one building in order to log the diamond drill core, split it, and store it in one place for future references. There was also one extension made to the Pipe Shop Building that year, as it was used for Draughting purposes. Mining operations at the Naybob Gold Mine had been consistent for 10 months within 1935, and the mill had operated from July 15, to the end of that year. Company officials from the Naybob Gold Mines, Limited would also place mandatory upgrades to the milling facility. This included installing two Dorr Thickeners with two inch diagram pumps, a Denver Mineral Jig, and a small Dorr type C rake classifier were installed, and an agitator was converted into a thickener. Milling operations that year we're mainly confined to the surface dumps for experimental purposes The company also reported an estimation of 13,000 tonnes that was milled within 1936 from the surface dumps. Mining within the Naybob Gold Mine became temporarily suspended during that time period of upgrading the milling facility, and testing it out with the ore-body which contained gold
Mining operations at the Naybob Gold Mine became resume on February, 1938, when the company place major expansions towards this mining operation. Within the late summer months the company was rather on another mission when it had commence the sinking of a 2 compartment winze shaft on the Carbonated ore zone. Much of this development had taken place on the mines 700 foot level as it became sunken to a depth of 850 feet below the surface.
All mining operations that year were mainly confined to the 100, 200, 300, 400, 550, and 700 foot levels in 1938. In addition the first level at 100 feet now consisted of 278 feet of drifting, and 330 feet of raising. The second level at 200 feet now had a total development footage of 177 feet of drifting, and 276 feet of crosscutting. More development also escalated on the 300 foot level when the company expanded this section by 3,251 feet of drifting, 1,514 feet of crosscutting, and 379 feet of raising that was done. Some more development on the mine continued to take place on the 400 foot level when this section now totalled 1,340 feet of drifting, 1,116 feet of crosscutting, and 413 feet of raising. Even more development started to expand the 550 foot level when the company now had a total development footage of 649 feet of drifting, and 194 feet of crosscutting. More development also continued on the mines 700 foot level when the company had expanded this section by 3,872 feet of drifting, 2,276 feet of crosscutting, and 906 feet of raising.
Diamond drill on this property continued in 1938, when the company had driven 10 surface holes totalling 8,150 feet, and another additional 24 underground holes, totaling 4,548 feet. There was also a lot of waste rock that was hoisted this year as it had totalled 22.890 tonnes, and the on-site mill had treated 10,339 tonnes of ore. With milling operations being continuous the company also place mandatory upgrades in order to reach a capacity of 150 tonnes of ore per a day. Most of the milling operations that year we're also being experimented further by testing flow sheets with many different processing methods. Later within that year the newly enlarge mill was rather in production by November, and had operated for the rest of the year. In general being the milling facility had consisted of a Taylor GY Gyratory Crusher, a double deck Niagara Vibrating Screen, 4 Dodge Conveyors, an Akins classifier, Denver Jig, Denver Simplex Pump, 3 Denver Agitators, two thickeners, a Denver Ball Mill, a Canadian Allis Chalmers SRL Sand Pump, a Merrill Crowe Classifier, and Vacuum Tank. a Perrin precipitation press, a Gardner Denver 250 cubic foot compressor, a Fairbanks Morse Centrifugal Pump, a Canadian Allis Chalmers DOR-BM Centrifugal Pump, 2 Babcat- Wilcox, and a Wabi Rockwell type single chamber bullion furnace.
In addition the company also installed new equipment to its plant when it now consisted of Canadian Ingersoll Rand Double Drum Hoist, a Sullivan Double Drum Winze Hoist, a new heating plant, and a pressure system for supplying water to the resident buildings. Besides adding new plant equipment the Naybob Gold Mines, Limited had also added the much need buildings at the time of operating this mining operation. Much of this new development had included a crusher house, conveyor house, lime house, storehouse, and Boiler house.
The No. 1 Main shaft was further expanded in 1940 as it was now reaching a depth of 830 feet below the shaft collar. By this time the company soon had place new development phase on opening the 825 foot level of this mining operation. This whole entire shaft once has two compartments from the surface to the 700 foot level, and three compartments from the 700 to the 825 foot level. The company also had developed a two compartment winze shaft that was sunken from the 700 foot level to the mine 850 foot level. Within this time period the company was further constructing all the mining levels when the 100 foot level was expanded by 641 feet of drifting, and 33 feet of crosscutting. More development also continued on the mines 200 foot level as the company had constructed 429 feet of drifting, and 317 feet of crosscutting. Even further development would escalate on the mines 300 foot level when it now consisted of 4,720 feet of drifting, 1,584 feet of crosscutting, and 625 feet of raising. As the mine started to expand the company also place development on the 400 foot level when it not totaled 3,114 feet of drifting, 1,476 feet of crosscutting, and 414 feet of raising. The company also had further constructed the 550 foot level that now totaled 2,034 feet of drifting, 619 feet of crosscutting, and 940 feet of raising. Further development also continued on the mines 700 foot level that now had a total lateral development of 6,327 feet of drifting, 2,516 feet of crosscutting, and 1,785 feet of raising that was establish Within this time the 825 foot level became opened up by 1,048 feet of drifting, 430 feet of crosscutting, and 162 feet of raising.
Within 1940, the Naybob Gold Mines, Limited would also conduct further explorations when 7 surface diamond drill holes totalling 6,362 feet became completed, and another 306 underground holes, totaling 33,730 feet became establish. Mining within this time period was rather extensive when the company had hoisted a total of 53,802 tonnes from the mining operation as it would later be treated at the mill. Even more expansions became added to the milling facility as it was enlarge, and the company also constructed a storage house for diamond drill core. A Dorr Classifier, an 8 1/2 by 10 foot American Disc Filter, and a 18 by 12 inch dry vacuum pump also became installed within the milling facility.
The on-site plant was also upgrade when new equipment became added that included a 670 cubic foot Canadian Ingersoll Rand Compressor, six 50 K.V.A Allis Chalmers 12000/550 transformers, a 10 K.V.A lighting transformer, and a 15 by 24 inch Farrell Bacon Crusher with motor. Besides adding the necessary equipment to run this production, the company also had purchase a new Assay furnace within 1940.
Some huge expansions we're also taking place in 1941 when the two compartment shaft was made into three compartments all the way down to the 700 foot level. With this development completed the company would sink the shaft became deepened to 1,279 feet below the collar. It was also noted that the Naybob Gold Mine, Limited had also started to station, and cut new levels that we're located on the mines 950, 1,075, 1,175, and 1,275 feet. Almost all mine development during that time period was mainly being confined to the 200, 300, 400, 550, and 750 foot levels. The second level at 200 feet was further expanded within this time period as it had included 1,264 feet of drifting, 357 feet of crosscutting, and 272 feet of raising. Development on the 300 foot level also expanded this section as it now totalled 5,052 feet of drifting, 1,664 feet of crosscutting, and 882 feet of raising. Even more expanding would continue on the 400 foot level as it now totalled 3,638 feet of drifting, 1,494 feet of crosscutting, and 738 feet of raising. By this time period the company also expanded the 550 foot level when it now had consisted of 2,386 feet of drifting, 774 feet of crosscutting, and 1,591 feet of raising. In addition the 700 foot level was also expanded when it now had totalled 6,444 feet of drifting, 2,599 feet of crosscutting, and 2,120 feet of raising. With development taking place the 825 foot level was also some what expanded when 9 feet of raising was done, and had it's own development footage of 172 feet.
In the mean time the company also had conducted further diamond drilling procedures when 318 underground holes became drilled, and had totalled 29,436 feet in depth. Besides drilling the company also had hoisted another huge amount of ore that totalled 53,303 tonnes of ore, and the milling facility had treated 53,807 tonnes of ore. As milling continued throughout the year it was reported that the daily average was 159 tonnes per a day in 1941.
With the mine being very productive the company also place construction phase on new structures that became developed in 1940. Much of these newly constructed buildings had included the company's office, warehouse, refinery, dry house, head-frame, passageway to the dry house, core house, pump house, and fire pump house. As expanding continued the mines hoist room, and crusher house we're enlarge This whole entire development was rather done by a contracted company known as Ogden Realty, and Construction Company, which was a wholly owned subsidiary company. There was also large amount of exploration work that was done outside of the property this year in conjunction with Unity Porcupine Mines, and Exploration Company.
In 1942, the Naybob Gold Mines, Limited had continued mining operations on their historical property within that year. In addition the three compartment shaft was further sunken below the surface when it had reach the depth of 1,337 feet within that time period. More development also had taken place on the mines 200, 550, 700, 825, 950, 1,075, 1,175, and 1,275 feet that year. With development taking place the company was able to once again expand the 200 foot level as it now totalled 1,269 feet of drifting, 369 feet of crosscutting, and 292 feet of raising. The company also place more expanding phase on the 550 foot level when it now totalled 2,556 feet of drifting, 744 feet of crosscutting, and 1,810 feet of raising. Another level located at 700 feet was also further constructed as it totalled 6,622 feet of drifting, 2,589 feet of crosscutting, and 2,899 feet of raising. Further development had also escalated on the 825 foot level when it now totalled 1,094 feet of drifting, 430 feet of crosscutting, and 504 feet of raising. The 950 foot level was also opened up during this time period as it totalled 324 feet of drifting, 320 feet of crosscutting, and 37 feet of raising. Development also had occurred on the 1,075 foot level as it was now expanded by 60 feet of drifting, and 81 feet of crosscutting, With the mine expanding in size the company also had developed the 1,175 foot level when it totalled 13 feet of drifting, and 240 feet of crosscutting. Finally the last that's located on the mines 1,275 foot level was opened up by more lateral development that totalled 753 feet of drifting, 179 feet of crosscutting, and 238 feet of raising. Company officials from the Naybob Gold Mines, Limited had also reported that the ore in the winze shaft has all been stoped out. Company officials also constructed a loading pocket that is found on the 1,330 foot level but is not connected with the level above.
Further explorations continued to take place in 1941, when the Naybob Gold Mines, Limited had conducted 6 surface holes, totalling 1,611, and 312 holes from underground that totalled 23,970 feet. Even hoisting within this time period was had additionally hoisted 58,870 tonnes, of the 58,908 tonnes that was mine that year. Almost all milling operations during that time period had also treated significant amount of ore that totalled 58,870 tonnes that operated at an average of 160 days. On December, 31, 1942, the Naybob Gold Mines, Limited had went into their own voluntary liquidation, and arrangements were being made to cease all operations at the property.
Mining at the Naybob Gold Mine continued into 1943, when all underground mining was ceased, and the company had hoisted a small amount of ore that totalled 3,543 tonnes. Milling operations were known to have continued till January,23 1943, and had treated 3,843 tonnes of ore that year before mining operations ceased.
Another staking was made in 1962, by the Kenilworth Mines, Limited as the three compartment shaft was dewatered to the 200 foot level by the end of that year. During this time period the company was rather exploring this mining operation further when 11 surface diamond drill holes became driven, and had totalled 4,956 feet. As explorations continued the company also had rehabilitated all the surface buildings, while constructing a dry building, crusher house, shop-building, that was made from concrete blocks, and wooden roof, a mine hoist that included a 4 double drum hoist, was an electrical motor, and a Canadian Ingersoll Rand Compressor.
Development in 1963, had continued to take place as the mine was being reconstructed, and development would slowly continue to take place within this mining operation. In 1963, the Kenilworth Mines, Limited had additionally constructed 214 feet of drifting, and 302 feet of raising within this Naybob Gold Mine. At this point the mine now had a total lateral development footage of 23,681 feet of drifting, 8,566 feet of crosscutting, and 8,672 feet of raising was done. It was also within this time period that the company would conduct more diamond drilling when 4 surfaces holes, totalling 687 feet were completed, and another 145 underground holes became driven which totalled 11,151 feet. As some development continued the company also had hoisted 6,430 tonnes of ore from the mining operation that year. With the mine back in production the company also had reconstructed the milling facility when it was treating a total of 5,220 tonnes that had it's own capacity of 160 tonnes. The company also had constructed more buildings when it also included a gate house building, weight scale building, garage, and shop building.
The Naybob Gold Mine had now consisted of 17 claims in the townships of Ogden, and Deloro, within the district of Cochrane In 1964. Much of this mining operation was being further developed when company officials had establish more development that consisted of 1,645 feet of drifting, 339 feet of crosscutting, and 1,128 feet of raising. In total development footage the mine was now known to comprise of 25,326 feet of drifting, 8,905 feet of crosscutting, and 9,800 feet of raising. As this development had occurred the company would also hoist a huge amount of ore 39,361 tonnes from the Kenilworth property.
Even explorations continued to take place in 1964, as the company had diamond drilled 55 holes from underground that totalled 6,998 feet within this year. It was also during this time when the company added more buildings to this mining zone that included a garage, shop building, and dry building.
In 1963 another massive change was made when the Kenilworth Mines, Limited had least the adjoining property from New Hope Porcupine Mines, Limited. This whole entire claim block had comprised of 35 claims in the township of Ogden, in the Porcupine area, District of Cochrane. At the time the property was known as the De Santis Porcupine Mines, Limited, which terminated operations on October, 1, 1942. At the time there was two shafts on the property, the No. 1 on claim H.S.805, (T.R.P 421) was 200 feet deep with levels cut, and stationed on the mines 90, and 200 foot sections. In addition to this the company would also hoist a total 1,490 tonnes of ore from this mining operation. With the two mines operating the company now had processed, and treated 58,444 tonnes of ore that year. No other production or development had occurred as the company was now working on the newly acquired mining zones that we're adjoining the Naybob Mine or the Kenilworth Property.
It was in 1988, when the Naybob (Kenilworth) Property was undergoing new ownership when Victoria Porcupine Resources had staked this claim. By that time it was stated that the No. 1 shaft was being dewatered for further exploratory procedures that were being conducted at depth. This would also be followed by the development of a new head-frame, and the shaft would also be rehabilitated to the bottom of the mine at 1,275 feet below the surface. From this point the company had also planned to carry out a small diamond drilling program of 10 holes that would be completed at the bottom of this shaft. If the result become encouraging enough the company had also planned to continue sinking the shaft to another 500 feet. Much attention in 1987 was mainly aimed at surface diamond drilling, when a total length of 7,500 feet was completed in order to test the southerly sulphide zone on the property. This was also followed by the completion of another surface diamond drilling phase that end up totalling 8,000 feet in total length.
Dewatering of the Naybob Mine Shaft was started in late 1987, before a head frame was erected, and the project was cease during that year due to financial problems. Further statements from the company had reported that the shaft was dewatered and rehabilitated to the 780 foot level by Victorica Porcupine Resources. Surface diamond drilling which was undertaken had totaled 1495 feet, out of a total program of 9,495 feet from 12 holes, which began late in 1987 and ended in early 1988. Much of this diamond drilling program was undertaken to explore for possible extensions along the strike of the South Sulphide Zone.