The property at the time was first reported to have been staked by a prospector after the Porcupine Fire of 1911. But it wasn't till 1935, when the property would see active explorations taking place by the Faymar Porcupine Gold Mines, Limited. It was also on July, 1935, when the company became officially incorporated under the direction of Mark Harris, the company president. Active explorations had continued to take place at this site for the next three years before any development would take place.
1938 - Faymar Porcupine Gold Mines, Limited
After completing an extensive diamond drilling campaign the company had started developing what would become the Faymar God Mine. At the time it was rather reported that the company's holding had comprise of five claims known as H.R. 1,166 to 1,170, within Deloro Township, Porcupine Area of Cochrane District, Ontario, Canada. This active explorations phase had resulted in the building of a mining plant, and the sinking of a three compartment, vertical shaft on the west boundary on claim H.R. 1,169. Shaft sinking on the Faymar Property had commence in the spring of 1938, and the No. 1 Shaft had reach a depth of 382 feet. Prior to sinking the shaft it was also reported that levels became establish on the mines 225, and 350 foot section For the most part these levels became opened up by 1,068 feet of drifting, 1,617 feet of crosscutting, and 156 feet of raising. Diamond drilling in 1938, had amounted to 4,394 feet in total length from the surface.
Much of the power plant at the time was known to have included 8 by 12 inch Jenckes Reversible Hoist, a 750 cubic foot Sullivan Compressor, 120 H.P Canadian Fairbanks-Morse Diesel Engine, a Robb Engineering Works Steam Engine, 50 H.P Locomotive type boiler, a Marine Type Boiler, 3 air receivers with 110 pound capacity each, and a 110 Volt General Electrical Motor.
Buildings which became build had included a shaft house, power house, assay office, blacksmith shop, powder magazine, cap house, carbide house, oil house, core shed, dry house, store house with a garage, staff house, residence, bunk house, cookery, and an outside refrigerating building.
1939 - Faymar Porcupine Gold Mines, Limited
Active Mining Operations at the Faymar Gold Property had continued to take place throughout 1939. It was rather at this time when shaft sinking continued, and the No.1 Faymar Shaft was now reaching a depth of 677 feet. With sinking continue to progress, it was also reported by the company that a level was cut on the 600 foot section of this mining project. Diamond drilling within this time period had rather resulted in seven surface holes, totalling 3,844 feet, and 39 underground holes, totaling 11,552 feet in length. Total lateral development completed on each level within 1939 shows the following.
Levels Drifting Crosscutting Raising
225 foot level 1,181 feet 740 feet 340 feet
350 foot level 1,310 feet 1,056 feet 174 feet
475 foot level ------------- 15 feet ------------
600 foot level 1,014 feet 526 feet 350 feet
It was rather in October, 1939, when the company had commence the construction of a 200 to 250 ton on-site milling facility. At the time it was not completed but reported to have been well advanced by the end of 1939. Other major construction projects during that time period had included the development of a Hoist and Compressor House, a central heating plant, electric shop, substation, and an addition to the Cookery. Much of the new plant equipment had also included two 300 K.V.A Transforms, 48 by 36 inch Canadian Ingersoll Rand Compressor, a PE-1 Electrical Hoist, a 1,580 cubic foot Canadian Ingersoll Rand Compressor, which was directly connect with a 300 H.P English Electric Synchronous Motor, and Substation, and Machine Shop Equipment.
1940 - Faymar Porcupine Gold Mine, Ltd.
It was in 1940, when active mining operations had continued to take place throughout this time period. The 200 to 250 ton mill which was started in 1939, was completed in April. Prior to completing the mill it was stated that the company would add the following machinery to operate on a production scale. Much of the milling facility during this time had consisted of 497 foot conveyor, a 15 by 24 inch jaw crusher, a 3 foot Nordberg Cone Crusher, a 500 ton steel ore-bin, a 7 by 7 foot Marcy Ball Mill, a 16 by 24 inch Duplex Jig, three 20 by 24 inch agitation tanks, a 30 by 12 foot thickener, two 11 by 12 foot Oliver Filters, a Merril Crowe Precipitation Mill, and a 36 inch Perrin Press. Other machinery that became added had included a Rock-Well Type Refinery Furnace, an 18 by 7 inch Ingersoll Rand Vacuum Pump, 14 by 11 inch Low Pressure Ingersoll Rand Compressor, and a 36 by 8 foot Vertical Air Receiver. It was also at this time when the company had built a heading plant that consisted of a Leonard Calor Boiler, having 1,000 square feet of heating surface, which was directly connected to a Detroit Stoker. New Buildings in 1940 had consisted of a Machine Shop and Blacksmith Shop, dry house, ore-bin, crusher house, a gallery from the head-frame to the dry house, and garage.
Major expansions continued to take place when the company had also commence the development phase of a internal winze shaft. The Internal Winze Shaft operation at the time was collared on the mines 600 foot level, and had reach a depth of 104 feet below the surface. From all mining during that time period the company had additionally hoisted a total of 40,841 tonnes from the mine. For the most part the company's mill had also commence production stages on April, 1st, which resulted in the treatment of 54,634 tonnes. This production was taken from the underground workings, followed by 9,825 tonnes from the stock pile, and 3,698 tonnes from the Edward Gold Property owned by Nakhodas Mining Company, Limited. Diamond drilling within 1940, had consisted of 9 surface holes, totalling 4,918 feet, and 46 underground holes, totalling 6,979 feet in length.
Lateral Development completed from 1938 to 1940 on each level
Level Drifting Crosscutting Raising
225 foot level 1,148 feet 740 feet 303 feet
350 foot level 1,310 feet 1,056 feet 330 feet
475 foot level 936 feet 15 feet 30 feet
600 foot level 1,446 feet 525 feet 445 feet
1941 - Faymar Porcupine Gold Mines, Limited
Development within 1941, was mainly being confined to sinking the Internal Winze Shaft further below the surface. At the time it was also reported that this winze was strongly determined as the No. 2 shaft operation, and had reach a depth of 510 feet blow the collar. It was reported as an inclined shaft operation that was driven on a 67 degree angle at a distance of 400 feet north of the No. 1 shaft operation, which was sunken on the No. 1 and 2 Veins. With the internal shaft sunk, it was also stated that the company would establish a level at 1,050 feet. A huge amount of ore also became mined from this operation in which had totalled 57,176 tonnes, in which the mill treated 52,626 tonnes. Another 23,782 tonnes was also treated that came from the Nakhodas Mine Project. Diamond drilling within 1941, had amounted to 13 surface holes, totalling 2,389 feet, and 17 underground holes, totalling 4,519 feet in length.
Lateral Development Completed On Each Level from 1938 to 1941
Level Drifting Crosscutting Raising
225 foot level 1,148 feet 740 feet 303 feet
350 foot level 1,310 feet 1,056 feet 330 feet
475 foot level 936 feet 15 feet 135 feet
600 foot level 1,446 feet 773 feet 445 feet
1,050 foot level ------------- 297 feet ------------
1942 - Faymar Porcupine Gold Mines, Limited
Active mining operations continued to take place from January, 1 to April, 10, 1942, before mining operations became ceased. Prior to ceasing mining operations the company reported that no additional development was done on any of the levels within that time period. For the most part the company had confined its operations to treating the ore in which came from the mine, and had operated till April, 1, 1941. At the time it was stated that a total of 12,932 tonnes of ore was hoisted, and milled that year. Milling operations were rather continued on a contract basis from April, 11 to May, 31, 1942, when ore was being treated from the Nakhodas Mine. in which amounted to 16,278 tonnes of ore. From all production the mill had treated a total of 119,181 tonnes in which came from the Faymar Mine. Another excess of 43,758 tonnes was reported to have been treat from the Nakhodas Mines property. Gold production from the Faymar Mine had amounted to 21,851 ounces of gold with an average grade of 0.18 Oz per a ton.
1983 - Acquired by Valco Exploration, Limited, and Legion Resources, Limited.
Vatco Exploration, Limited, and Legion Resources, Limited had performed various exploration procedures on the property. This whole entire exploration phase had resulted in Line-cutting, Prospecting, Blasting, Geology, Geophysics, and Geochemistry. Explorations procedures performed by the company had also resulted in several geophysical anomalies, and sampling of old surface trenches, which yielded assays up to 0.09 ounces per a ton.
1993 - Property Acquired by Y. Collin, J. Grant, and Lapierre
It was in 1993, when the property was acquired by Y. Collin, J. Grant, and Lapierre, which was a joint partnership at the time. Explorations on the property had continued when stripping, trenching, detailed geological mapping, and the sampling of the targets defined by geophysical survey methods. Trenching that was completed, and had also uncovered Mafic and intermediate volcanic flows with some carbonate, and silica altercations, and minor amounts of quartz.
Much of the rocks within the Faymar Gold Property are considered to be intruded by the Deloro Group of the Abitibi Greenstone Belt. For the most part, these geological rock types are known to mainly consisted of intermediate, to ultramafic volcanics, within a quartz breccia, that's associated with an iron formation, and carbonatized, fuchsitic volcanics in the north end of the property. A sequence of Andesite, and basaltic Pillowed, along with massive flows are known to also commonly occur on the southern sides of this property. For the most part its strongly determined that the northwestern part of the claim group is known to be intruded by granodiorite-Diorite Stock, while the west central portion consists of large north-south trending Dunite Body. These large north-south trending Dunite are also occupied by serpentine, and are largely altered. In addition to this, it was the main source to previous asbestos mining operations, and target for sulphides.
For the most part the rocks which are present at the Faymar Gold Property are known to be intruded by minor amounts of feldspar porphyry dykes. This also becomes intruded by late diabase dykes that are found to the south, southwest, and west portion of the property. Much of the northern portion of the Faymar Property is also intruded by ultramafic dykes. The Faymar Property is also known to be occupied by three structural faults, which the Shaw Creek Fault is known to cut through the east central portion of this property. It main travel course is strongly known to trend in a north-south direction at approximately 400 feet east of the Faymar Shaft which ends. Another fault section that covers this property is strongly considered as the McKay Lake Fault, which is known to cut through to the north-northeasterly, and has a trend to the northwestern part of this property. The McKay Lake Fault is also known to intersect with the Destor-Porcupine fault at about 3kms to the North. Much of the altercations on this property are known to chiefly consist of talc, chlorine, carbonate, fuchsite in varying degrees, and sericite. It also associated with local pyrite, hematite, magnetite, chalcopyrite, and sphalerite mineralization. .
1993 - R. Bernaches completed a summary report on the Faymar Gold property
2000 - Property Acquired by ONTEX Resources Inc.
In early 2000 ONTEX Resources Inc. undertook an exploration program on it's Faymar Property, consisting of line cutting, a magnetic survey and a Max-Min EM survey. A total of 79.5 km of line was cut, with the baseline and tie lines aligned due east-west and winglines running due north-south on a 200 ft. spacing with stations every 50 ft. A series of eastwest lines were also cut on 400 ft. spacing in the southwest section of the claims in order to better cover the ultramafic intrusive. The entire 79.5 km was covered by a total field magnetic survey, while the Max-Min EM survey covered 30 km over the magnetic trends and airborne EM targets. The ground geophysical program (magnetic and Max-Min-EM) utilized the cut grid for control. The magnetic survey was completed on approximately 79.5 kilometres of lines using an EDA Omni Plus magnetometer/VLF-EM field unit and an EDA Omni Plus base station. The program focused on the original 26 patented-claim block, as the additional claims had not yet been acquired. The magnetic survey has been interpreted as defining the general east-west stratigraphy of the volcanics and sediments in the eastern part of the grid by identifying the meta -sedimentary breaks in the volcanics; and, also the north-south trending, irregular ultramafic intrusive in the western part of the grid. The Max-Min survey was performed over 30 km of the grid, in several different locations of the grid in order to cover previous airborne EM anomalies and the magnetic trends which were interpreted as meta-sedimentary breaks in the volcanics. .