By 1910, the Dome Gold Mining project was soon purchased by another famous mining corporation known as the Canadian Copper Company, who ended up making a down payment of $75,000 for the claim. Company officials who had bought this gold mine had now staked 249 acres of land around the former Dome Mine Site and a milling facility was also developed to process the rich company ore material from the Dome Mine Site.. As mine development continue to take place, the Canadian Copper Company was soon on another mission to incorporate a town-site for the former mining site. However much of the employees who became employed by the firm had resided in South Porcupine as they had their own homes. Development on the dome mine was becoming very productive when the mines first shaft had consisted of 15 underground levels by 1922. A huge amount of crosscutting and drifting was also taking place on this mine 13th level. The mill was also becoming very overwhelmed by all the extracted ore which came from the mine so company officials decided to put full upgrades towards this production, Milling from the dome mine mill was able to process 1,000 tons of ore during this period of its legacy.
By 1911, the Dome Mining project was still considered to be under continuous development and would end up making history once again. Further development of this historical mining zone had encourage the development of a railway line that was being operated by the Temiskaming & Northern Ontario Railway Service. Within the same year another major event had occurred when a great fired had swept through the area causing massive damages to several small scale town and townships that surrounded them. Some of these historical townships were commonly known as Dome Mines, Cochrane, Porcupine and South Porcupine, Ontario, Canada. More then 200 people had said to have parish in this horrifying disaster but nothing else has been reported on this. Another incident that took place was soon escalated when a train that was loaded with dynamite had exploded into pieces, sending a massive sonic wave across the Porcupine Lake where many prospectors and explores were said to be hiding. Many of these individuals also did not have life jackets to protect themselves from the deep water so many of these prospectors and mines had also drowned Some workers who donated their own life to the mining industry had decided to hide in shafts which wasn't considered as a smart idea because carbon-monoxide had cause serious suffocation problems from the dense smoke. Within months of being destroyed, the Dome Gold Mine operation was once again being rebuilt, and 400 ton per day milling facility was also engineered to process the company ore that was still stock piled. The superstructure of this mill, as well as of the power plant, is of structural steel and brick. The method of treatment of the ore is similar to that adopted in the mill destroyed. The mill was designed and erected by the Merrill Metallurgical Company. Preliminary crushing is accomplished by two gyratory crushers. The crushed ore is carried by belt conveyors to forty 1,250-pound stamps crushing to 8-mesh, and then passed over amalgamating plates to .flour Dorr classifiers. It is then reground in four tube mills and again passed over the amalgamating plates. The pulp is then conveyed to the concentration cones, three Eorr thickeners and four Pachuca agitators. From the tanks the product is passed through Dorr thickeners to Merrill slime presses. The gold in the solution will be precipitated by the Merrill zinc dust process. It was soon expected that the mill would have a capacity of 300 tons of ore per day. The machinery in the mill was also motor-driven during this time period
A small company power plant was also designed within this mining claim and had included the following components in order to fully produce power. All of this was said to have included the following things that became installed within this facility. Company officials who had operated the Dome Gold Mine had soon started installing seven 150 horsepower Bobcack and Wilcox Boilers. All of these boilers were known to be connected to four 300 K.W generators that had been driven by four engines at the time. Another section of this plant had also received a 12 drill compressor and a double drum hoist to provide more power to this facility.
Another part of this mine was also considered to have been called the Dome Extension, and was being developed by a subsidiary company who was known as the Dome Extension Mines Limited. This whole entire operation was considered to be located next to the Dome Gold Min, and had included the development of a shat that was sunken to a depth of 222 feet. Further development of this shaft had included two levels that became stationed on the mines 100 and 200 foot levels. The first level that was establish at 100 feet had been opened up by a crosscut that was driven 90 feet north, and the second level had a crosscut that was driven 250 feet into the rock. Many drift sections had also became developed once the whole entire crosscutting stage was complete and the next stage could be started. Development of these drift sections on the second mine level had been driven to 185 feet within the solid rock to further extract the rich material.
Another shaft operation that was developed within 1911, had included the fascinating No. 4 shaft operation to the Dome Extension. In general this shaft was also not considered to be located to far from the first shaft operation . Development within this shaft was also said to have been opened up by a 120 foot crosscut that traveled south and had then been opened up by 140 feet of drifting. Another power plant was soon added to the Dome Extention and had included two 80 horsepower boilers and an 8 drill compressor with a hoist.
Further development during 1911, had also taken place on the mines 100 foot and 200 foot levels. Development on the 100 foot level is considered to be opened up by 200 feet of drifting and crosscutting, while the 200 foot level of the first shaft is considered to be opened up by 175 feet. By 1930 the whole entire mining operation was proceeding with further development and had even included 756 hard working men towards its production business by 1935. During this time period the Dome Mines Ltd had bigger plans when the No.3 shaft was officially sunken down to 2,456 feet and included two sub-shafts. The first of these sub-shafts to become developed was situated on the mines 2,000 foot level and had went down to the 4,062 foot level. Another shaft operation known as the Internal No. 7 shaft was known to be situated on the mines 3,950 foot level and had went down to a scorching depth of 5,323 feet. All development from the shaft and the two sub-shafts had constructed a whack of development that comprised of 482,631 feet of drifting and 217,557 feet of crosscutting throughout the whole mining project. Nevertheless, the Dome Gold Mining Project would end up experiencing another change when a secondary town-site was now being developed as the first one was considered to be a bit further from the west end of this mining operation. The newly formed gold mining town was considered to be called Little Italy by many of the residents who resided within the company's small settlement. Unlike most northern company towns, Little Italy only had a small selection of service to provide to the local residents. Some of these accommodations had included a church, a school, a train station, general store and even a small health care center for those who were ill or injured. As the community start to rise in population the mining company also decided to open its very own post office. No addition records had existed of its own operational life but the post office was still there and the town-site was also built right next to the big Red Company shaft and Milling Facility. Much of the whole entire secondary town-site was mainly constructed within the early 30s and 20s, when company officials need workers at the other end of its claim. Most of the housing was also considered as single or double dwellings that occupied 500 residents who called this home.
The company had also started on a whole new mining exploration during this time period as the Dome Mines Limited had formed another subsidiary company that was to explore the Dome Lake Property. This newly incorporated company had became known as the Dome Lake Mines Limited within 1911. Almost all the development work of this property was said to have included two prospect shafts that became sunken to depth of 60 and 50 feet. Further development within the bottom of the shaft had now started to open up by a drift that was driven to 160 feet. The company had also added a small scale power plant that was powered by a 25 horsepower boiler and hoist. Nothing else was done on this section of the Dome Mine operation during this time period.
By 1913 the company was well in production when a huge amount of ore was being produced at the Dome Gold Mine Operation. All of this had came from a well establish mill when the Dome Mines Limited had started processing 101,812 tons of rock that yield $1,043,994.93 of gold. The Company had also started an open pit mining operation that was considered to be 45 feet deep and had produce most of the material that was processed at the mill. Even the inline shaft which connected with the milling facility had now reached the 100 foot level of the Dome Mining Operation. Almost all the ore that was soon uncovered within this expansion had been extracted by the method of open-cuts that were yet to be designed within the No. 1 Shaft. Not a lot of development was known to have occurred on the No. 2 shaft which was now being sunken to a depth of 257 feet below the ground. Almost all of this development was strongly known to have been opened up by a cross-cut that had traveled south for distance of 200 feet.
A new upgrade in power was also added in 1913, when the company was now using new technology power supplies that included the use of steam power before it was operated by hydro electrical power. Hydro Electrical Power was said to have been supply to the mine by the Northern Power Company from their plant at Wawaitan Falls. Company officials had also started further construction on the Dome Extension property that included deepening the shaft to 222 feet below the hard rock. Another level was soon constructed by the subsidiary company which became stationed at the 200 fool level. Much of this level was then opened up by a cross-cut that was driven northwest for a distance 675 feet. Further production and development of this level had also included several drifts that became driven to about 350 feet southwest and 300 feet northeast.
Further development by the company was soon achieved on another claim zone known as Dome Lake. A new subsidiary company was soon formed by the Dome Mines Limited that had now operated the Dome Lake Mine Zone. During 1913, the company was on a new mission when all rights had now transferred to the Dome Lake Mining and Milling Company. As this transformation was made, a whole new development was taking place when the company had now developed four shafts that had all went to a depth of 60, 110, 130, and 200 feet below the surface. Production from the three deepest shafts are also considered to follow the same vein zone. Development of the Central shaft was commonly considered to have been engineered as a three compartment shaft operation that soon connected with the west shaft at the 60 foot level, and had also connected with the east shaft on the mines 110 foot level. As production continued to take place, the company had then decided to construct a milling facility that was able to hand 10 tons of ore. Further installation of the milling equipment had included a tube mill and four concentrating tables to this facility.
By 1914, the whole entire Dome Mining Operation was undergoing new changes when the Domes Mine Limited had started to upgrade the company mill. This whole procedure was said to have been done because the company wanted to down size their operation costs by eliminating the use of Gyratory Crushers. All of this was said to have been done when the company had purchased two Farrell Jaw Crushers which replace the Gyratory Crushers. One jaw crusher that was estimated to be 36 by 24 feet wide, had replace the 7 1/2 Gyratory Crusher, while the other Ferrell Jaw Crusher that was 30 by 10 feet wide had replace the two No.3 Gyratory Crushers. A newly purchased all electrical driver Ottumwa hoist was also add to incline shaft as the steam hoist became replaced by it. In addition the Dome Gold Mine Mill had now consisted of 40 stamps and six sand leaching vats. As the pulp from the 80 stamp passes through five duplex dorr classifiers, while the over sized material is passed through five 6 by 24 foot tube mills.
By the same year, the Canadian Copper Company had also fully paid their own debt that was owned to Wilson, and had started new expansions towards further geological zones within the claim. Company owners who owned and operated the Canadian Copper Company had owned Wilson $300,000 after not having enough capital to make the full payment. They also started further explorations on the newly purchased claims that would end up making the next historical part of the Dome Gold Mining Operation, In addition over3,000 acres of land was quickly purchased by the company when ore from the Dome Gold Mine was slowly becoming exhausted. Most of all these staking had taken place in three different townships that were commonly known as Tilsdale, Whitney, and Shaw Townships of Northern Ontario. More disappointment was soon to come for the Canadian Copper Company as World War 2 had came to an end and would end up decreasing the gold market significantly. So with no other choices the Canadian Copper Company had no choice but to shut down all mining operation for one full year till the gold prices had once again started to rise. Both sections of the Dome Mining Operation had soon started to come into production and development mode when company officials had once again started opening the mining ground. By 1929 the Dome Mines Limited had soon seen another devastating blow when the wooden company mill had caught on fire but was shortly after replace as company officials needed a new mill to process the ore. Even if this tragical blow had occurred the Dome Mines Limited had eventually received $500,000 worth of gold from the first mill processing. All of this had now evened out the cost for the corporation who was having a struggling down fall with production and operations procedures. The stock Market Crash of 1929 had little to no effect on the Dome Mine Project and its gold market. However much of all of this would come to a complete change when the mining operation had once again experience anther disastrous blow out to its own production. As mine production was starting to expand the company was nearly at the edge of its claim when the ore-body had started to move forward towards another claim that was owned by Fred Schematcher who was known as an Ohio Prospector. After approaching Fred Schematcher, the Canadian Copper Company had offered him a deal for the claim but the rookie prospector had wanted $8,000 for the claim. With not enough encouraging results the CCC had to move away from this claim because it didn't want to spend that kind of money without knowing the grade of the Gold. Nevertheless, Fred Schematcher was once again approached by the Canadian Copper Company with the capital he request but Fred him self had now wanted $75,000 for the claim. Once again the Canadian Copper Company had refused to take this deal and the property was later purchased for 1.25 million dollars and $600,000 worth shares of the former dome mine project when they try to purchase this claim for the third time. In addition these corporate individuals had no choice but to take the claim as the ore from the Dome Mine was becoming exhausted. Even though the claimed area had only comprised of 4 acres of rich mineral land, its still ended up paying the Dome Mines back as it was strongly known to be the richest mining deposit in Canada at the time.
Underground development during 1911, was said to have mainly confined to three ore producing that were strongly located on the mine's 45 foot, 100 foot, and 200 foot levels. Company officials had also started to expand the hoisting procedure on the mine's 45 foot level when a shaft was driven from the surface to about 250 feet below the ground. All of this development was mainly being done because the company had wanted to remove the ore faster. Domes Mine Limited had also brought in more mules towards this production as these animals became in charge of hauling mine carts to the incline shaft so that the ore can be hoisted to the Rock House. Almost all production the 45 foot level was also being carried out as the company had started to block out this section by developing rectangles that are 100 feet by 160 feet, and are considered to be raised through the mine to the surface every 50 feet along these crosscuts and drifts. Development of the first mine level was strongly known to have 1,200 feet of drifting and crosscutting that was establish on this section of the mine.
The Town Site of Dome Mines was soon experiencing a horrifying downfall when another expansion had nearly destroy the small settlement town of Dome Mines. All of this expanding was known to be carried out somewhere in the 80s, as company officials had future plans on building a super pit mining operation. In general this massive size pit would end up costing the company 150 million dollars to establish this long lasting resource zone. During this period of expanding, the mines residents would end up clearing out of the small company town that the Dome Mines Ltd no longer needed as they became to costly. Mining at the dome mine to this very day had produced 25 million ounces of gold from its first production in1909. Further explorations on the mining claim had indicated new discovery zones that hold a high end gold production grade in 2000.