In general history the Northland Pyrite mine was additionally discover somewhere in the begging of the 1900's. Eventually a massive shaft was constructed between 1906 and 1910, with additional 300 feet of ground workings and 3 levels of ore extracting operations. These levels became notice to be located at 100 ft, 175 ft, and another level reaching 275 feet below the surface. The mine its self is known to provided 10 to 20 feet of stopeing supports within its frame. Nevertheless this mine is commonly located along the shorelines of James Lake which can be found 10 miles north of Temagami Station. The main ore which was mined here is establish as quartz and pyrite elements. However the closure of this mine was cause by company officials not transporting the right type of Pyrite for three days straight. Additionally these individuals we're to only extract good grade pyrite for commercial purposes, however they extracted another type of pyrite call pyrrhotite. The mine it self was soon filled in with lots of logs and waste from the mines former site. Not to mention its also reported to be filled in with water from a near by lake known as James Lake, In general terminology this type of event is also considered to cause major pollution damage within the water ways. Besides causing waste and bankruptcy, the company had produce 76,067,050 pounds of rock from its productions.
Company officials would end up further developing this site as the mine was undergoing a new name change in 1907. As this occurred the new name for the mine was now being transferred to the Northland Pyrite Mine. Shaft sinking phase had also commenced as it had been driven to about 170 feet from its previous 100 foot mark. Lateral development also commenced when the first level was being driven by a north drift for a distance of 110 feet, and continued for another 260 feet south. Ore production from the mine was mainly being taken from the north and south stopes that measured 80 feet in length. When development was underway the mine manager also had decided to start on a whole new open cut section which became located 240 feet north of the company's production shaft. A huge amount of rock was said to have been removed by hand and soon had been blasted to about 45 feet below ground levels. This small scale open cut was also connected with the first level by a raise and more stoping. Ore production from the mine was being hoisted to the top from the main Northland Mine shaft where it was crushed and hand combed. Once the ore becomes sorted its than dumbed into storage bins before being place into railway cars. Some other equipment was also being installed and had included two 100 H.P. Boilers, a 12 drill air compressor, and its very own hoisting system. Mr. Ronald Harris had also employed 35 hardworking men who dedicated their own lively hood towards this production.