Aumacho Sulphide Propset
A small amount of prospecting for sulphide mineralization had taken place in 1956, when the mining property was staked by Aumacho River Mines, Limited. In addition to this staking it was strongly reported that the company had held a group of 19 unpatented mining claims located on the east centeral Afton-Schole Township boundary lines. Examination of this property resulted in an early Precambrian country rock formations at the surface. Far more explorations included gridlines cutting, and mapping procedures. Prospecting had soon resulted in a discovery of a sheared zone of actinolized mafic metavolcanics with a N. 50 degrees W strike. The whole entire formation was first traced outside the Aumacho property before continuing through it for a distance of 500 feet. Grab samples at this time indicated a mineralization that assayed 0.89% copper, 0.30 ounces of silver per a ton, 0.01 ounces of gold per a ton, and 0.02% cobalt.
1957- Prospecting by Aumacho River MInes, Limited.
Diamond drilling within 1957, had consisted of three surfaces holes, totalling 160 feet in length. Surface explorations of the property had resulted in a band of limestone, that was 20 feet wide, and traced for a distance of 1,100 feet in, and east of the property. Discoveries of the limestone formation were considered to have been uncovered during geological mapping procedures. These were also not considered to have been added to the mapping of this claimed area.