Development on what became known as the Delhi Temagami Gold Mine did not commence until 1945. When a new showing was discovered. The newly discovered No. 2 Zone was undergoing further examinations at this time as drilling had taken place on this new showing. It was also reported that this new showing was discovered at a distance of 200 feet northwest of the No. 1 Zone. A total of three test pits were also eventually put down which had all showed visible gold and further trenching would be commenced. The Lahey Showing at this time had also exhibited good values in gold and has a mining widths of 3.0 feet to 12.0 feet. More development would also be followed when six additional test pits were blasted and had also contained visible gold. This foremost mineralization was rather reported to have been much heavier in galena within all the last pits put down and had returned higher assays in silver. Another sample which was taken from these pits would also indicate 5.69% Copper that was obtained through laboratory work. More exploration work was also being done when an engineer had lay out the spotting of 13 drill holes to be put down, which consisted of 3,000 feet of diamond drilling in length.
By 1946, the Delhi Temagami Gold Mines, Limited had also hired on a contractor for this drilling that was done by Red Lak Diamond Drillers and one x-ray drilling machine was moved on the property. Other problems had shortly rise when mechanical difficulties were encountered and the lack of material became another problem. Much of this at the time had also resulted in completing one diamond drill holes to 120 feet by the contractors to the end of June, 1946. With downfalls occurring it was reported that the Delhi Temagami Mines, Limited, would end up purchasing the drilling equipment that consisted of 1 light drill and had completed six additional surface drill holes before the freeze up.
A total of three drill holes on the Lahay Vein had also resulted in returning values over narrow widths at the time. It was also Drill Hole No. 1 that cut 4 ½ foot intersection that assayed 0.23 ounces of gold and 0.25 ounces ounce of Silver and 3% Cobalt. Further drilling from hole No. 14 had also returned a section of 1 ½ feet assaying trace in gold , 2.40 ounces of silver, 10.58% Lead, and 2% Cobalt. A grab sample that was also taken from the surface pit had returned as high as 3.60 ounces of gold, 7.51 ounces in silver, 23.31% Lead, and 5% Cobalt. Several high assays at the time were also obtained from drag folds that were uncovered during the surface trenching.
No additional work at this time was also carried out on the No. 1 Zone, which has an indicated length of 650 feet and the No. 2 Zone had been exposed on the surface for 250 feet. Within this time period several additional showings were also discovered, at about 1,500 feet northwest and a second at about 2,000 feet southeast of the Lahay Vein. This had also resulted in staking two additional claims in the late fall of 1944, and a total of 400 days of assessment work had been done in order to keep the claims in good standing. It was also owing to the difficulty in labour that extensive drilling could not be done and the drill was moved to claims to the west where four drill holes were put down. The drilling program together with considerable amount of trenching and stripping was carried out. Other plans during 1947, were also aimed a carrying out further surface work and geological mapping in order to find the correlation between the other showings and the main showings. It would also allow for further follow up drilling that would be done with one diamond drill on these showings.
Within the operating year of 1949, the Delhi Temagami Mines, Limited, would conduct additional geological mapping of the main lead-silver showing and 1,500 feet of diamond drilling. The diamond drilling program at this time was also plotted on the surface plan as 1 to 7.
It was during 1950, when the Delhi Temagami Mines, Limited, had held fifth-teen claims in Delhi Township, 38 miles west of Temagami. Underground mining operations at the time had also commence on November, 1950, and it was during the balance of the year when an adit was driven for a distance of 217 feet. Lateral development at this time would also follow suit when a total of 282 feet of drifting was completed towards the end of 1950. Development at the time was also followed by some surface trenching to a depth of 4 feet and a length of 80 feet in trenching was accomplish. Other development at the time was focus on constructing a truck road from the dock and aeroplane way to the property. Most of the road development at this time was also being financed by the Ontario Government in order to provide better access. Diamond drilling of 1 surface hole was also completed that would end up totalling 160 feet in total length. Within this time period the company would also focus on obtaining a bulk sample of 21,692 tonnes of vein material that was taken out from the Lahay Vein during the period of March 14th to April 7th, 1950. This material at the time was also taken from seven cuts across the surface of the vein spaced at 10-foot intervals, in order to cover a total length of 80 feet of the vein. Most of the bulk sampling of the Lahay Vein was also taken immediately to the east of the main adit entrance on the side of the hill. Bulk sampling that was done at the Timiskaming Testing Laboratory, in Cobalt, had gave returns of 7.13% Lead, 5.58 ounces of silver per ton, and 0.25 ounces of Gold Per tonne. Lateral development would also continue to take place when exploration drifts were done on the veins and a total of 880 feet of drifting was done on the 5 veins encountered at this horizon. A total of four underground diamond drill holes were also drilled below the adit level and these had also indicated the persistence of the veins at 200 feet below this level. A total of four ore-shoots with a combined length of 381 feet were found, and three development faces were in ore when underground worked ceased.
During 1951, the Delhi Temagami Mines, Limited would rather reorganized it self to form the New Delhi Mines, Limited. The company at this time period would also change it directors along with the main president of the company and vice president. It also had a total capitilization of 3,000,000 shares at $1 par value, in which 825,526 shares were issued. Underground development at the time was also continued onward up until May, when mining operations were ceased at the Delhi Temagami Mine Site. Lateral development work that was completed during this time period consisted of 650 feet of drifting, 144 feet of crosscutting, and 18 feet of raising. The total development work that was completed had consisted of 1,132 feet of drifting, 144 feet of crosscutting, and 18 feet of raising was done. A diamond drilling program was also done during 1951, which resulted in completing ten surface holes, totalling 2,599 feet. Further statements dating June, 29th, 1951, were also made by a consulting geologist name L. R. Simard for the company, and a total of 54,000 tonnes of ore from the surface to 200 feet was estimated below the adit level. Other statements had reported that the recoverable net value for this ore at the property was estimated to be $20.25 per tonne.
Prior to abandoning mining operations it was also reported that a number of thin sections made from specimens of diabase taken along the showing were also examined. Much of the samples taken are known to also have differed from the average sill diabase in being more highly altered. It was also believed at the time that the latter feature resulted from shearing and vein deposition in the diabase along the main showing. A sample from the diabase showing had also resulted in 40-60% Hornblende, 20-30% Epidote and Saussurite, 5 to 15% Sodic plagioclase, 5 to 30% Chlorite, 0 to 45% Carbonate, 1 to 10% Sericite, 1 to 3% leucoxene, and minor amounts of apatite, magnetite, and pyrite.
The closure of the Temagami Delhi Mine was mainly caused due to the company having interest in other resources. It was in 1953, when a new company incorporation was made that became known as the Delhi Pacific Mines, Limited. This company was also a joint owner with Maneast Uranium Corporation and had been progressing on projects in Elliot Lake, Ontario, Canada.
In 1983, Cobalt Imperial Corp had done target drilling on the Delhi Temagami Property that had achieved assays of 4 to 5% Co values. This had also included assays of 13 g/t Au, 53 g/t Ag. 11% Cu, 1.36% Ni, 12% Pb, 7% Zn, and minor amounts of arsenic. Drilling was done from 5 holes that would end up totalling nearly 3,429 feet of drilling that was completed to the east of the main workings. Exploratory work was ongoing in which a small camp was set up to accommodate the explorations that were taking place. The result of this had intersected new vein zones that were deemed economical in grading to conduct follow up drilling. Most of the work was aimed at testing the diabase sill that still had potential of being further explored by the company in 1984.
In 2000, Explorers Alliances Inc. had acquired this property and conducted further exploratory work within that year. It was at this time when the company contracted Caldbick Geological Services that would provide geological information on 15 patented claims within Delhi Township. This resulted in conducting grab samples and revisiting/sampling sites previously sampled on claim number 1242022.
It was in 2003, when the work that was done had consisted of three phase initiavite that was conducted on the Delhi Temagami Property. It was the first of these phase that mainly consisted of an investigation on the main Delhi Adit entrance, samples from the vein splays, and surrounding wallrock for 35 feet within the underground workings, and a cursory examination along with a rough map of the Lahay Vein system with the first 25 feet of the adit entrance. This resulted in conducting a second phase of exploratory work that consisted of an investigation and sampking of what was believed to be the surface expression of the Lahay Vein. In addition to this, the last phase would consist of sampling program 1,500 feet due east of the mineralization that was worked. Most of the purpose of doing this sampling program was aimed at figuring out a nickel anomaly that was discovered in this area that had resulted in 1,500 ppm Ni.
Access to the former prospect site was easily achieved through taking an aeroplane from Sudbury or Temagami. It was also during the exploration years when a small dock and cabin was located on the southwest side of Wakimika Lake at the landing site. A tractor road that was about 1 ¼ miles in length and a good trail about ¾ miles long, had lead from the dock on Wakamika Lake up to the property. It was also at this time when heavy equipment including the mining plant for the use of driving the adit in 1951, had been drawn over a tractor road. This road at the time was also built with government assistance, which had lead from the north end of Obabika Lake across Wakamika River up to the Property, which was 3 miles in length.
The New Delhi group of claims is also known to be enclosed to the north end of the Nipissing Diabase Sill and adjacent country rock composed of thin-bedded Gowganda Greywacke. This diabase is also a part of the main sill that is known for trending northerly across the western part of the township from the southwest corner. A dike of olivine diabase that’s 250 feet wide is also projected across this property with a general strike of about S 075 Degrees E. It’s also commonly known to follow in line and join a point 250 feet north of the No. 4 Post of historical claim T.R.S.8824 with the No. 2 post of claim T.R.S.8828. However, no contacts were observed between the olivine diabase dike and the Nipissing Diabase of the sill. Its also strongly believed to be the younger of the two within the property area. A band of breccia is also commonly known to trend northwesterly across claim T.R.S.8742. Ore within the general area is known to occur in systems of somewhat vuggy, quartz carbonate veins containing inclusions of the wall rock, that’s mostly quartz diabase. Much of the veins within the workings are strongly mineralized with argentiferous galena and a little pyrite and chalcopyrite with native gold that’s distributed throughout the veins. Much of the host rock is largely Nipissing Diabase, which some of the veins are also known to occur in the adjoining thinly bedded greywacke. This vein system is also known to lie within and next to a sheared and faulted zone striking about N. 060 degrees. These veins are typically known to fill fractures within the diabase and strike northeaster to easterly and dip at 030 to 055 Degrees to the Northwest and North. These veins are also irregular in width, strike, dip, and its distribution of galena mineralization.