The Temagami Gold Mine was not really a gold mine but a prospect site that was once owned by the Temagami Gold Mines, Limited. The prospect site is actually located on the east shoreline of Hansen Lake, Temagami, Ontario, Canada. Most of the prospect site was a discovery of Narrow, Short, Quartz Veins that were heavily mineralized with Arsenopyrite, Chacopyrite, and Pyrite had been discovered in a sheared rhyolite, and altered diorite. Pyrite Quartz mineralization is also found within the altered diorite under conditions resembling those of the Hermiston- McCauley Property.
Net Lake Molybdenum Mine - Barton Mine- King Claims
1908 - Staked by Gold Reefs Mining Company
Prospecting on the Historical Barton Mine was considered to have taken place in 1908, when J.W Barton came across gold. He originally had came from another mining firm who became recognized as Temagami Gold Reef Company. Testing of this area was being conducted by test pitting before development would take place. It was at this time when two shaft were being sunk on claim T.R 12, which was located to the west of Net Lake. The No. 1 shaft at the time was reported to have reach a depth of 40 feet below the surface, and was driven on a ledge of quartz showing molybdenum.
1909- Gold Reefs Mining Company
In 1909, the company continued operations at a small scale, when the No. 1 shaft had now been extended to 75 feet, and the No. 2 shaft had reach 50 feet. Development work by the Gold Reefs Mining Company became ceased from further production. Structural development within this time period had consisted of a camp, hoist, boiler house, and Pump house. A small sized wooden head-frame was also place over the main shaft workings .
1910 - W.J Barton Acquired the claims from the Gold Reefs Mining Company
It was at this time period when the Barton Mine was changing to only Molybdenum production as World War 1 had increased the prices. A small amount of development work had occurred within this time period. Ore extractions within the Barton Mine became completed by hand cobbed methods..Production at the time had produce a total of 181 tonnes of ore from the mine workings. A small amount of gold was reported to have been associated with this deposit of low-medium grade molybdenum.
1918 - Property Staked by Net Lake Molybdenum Mines, Limited.
W.J Barton had additionally incorporated his own company, which became known as the Net Lake Molybdenum Mines, Limited. He additionally had change the name of this mine when it was being called the Net Lake Molybdenum Mine. Even shipments were becoming made when W.J Barton of Toronto had shipped 1,216 Lbs of hand cobbed ore to the mines branch in Ottawa. Processing of the ore had soon produce 42.6 kg of Molybdenum from the Barton Mine. Assaying of the ore was reported to have graded 8.42% Molybdenum. A devastating fire had soon occurred at the Barton Mine when the ore was shipped, and had destroy the mines camp, and boiler house. This devastating blow was considered to have mark the ending point for the legendary Barton Molybdenum Mine Project.
1956 - Other stakings on the property were shortly after made by Aumo Porcupine Mines, Limted.
Other explorations became carried out by this company when a self potential geophysical survey was conducted, which had consisted of 7 miles of picket lines. For the most part the company was mainly prospecting for Nickel-Copper Sulfides that were found to the east and west.
1966 - Staked by Myteque Mines, Limited
It was at this time period when the company had held a group of twelve claims in Strathy Township, Temagami area, Ontario. Canada. Prospecting at the time was mainly being done to outline any base metal deposits that could be associated with the molybdenum occurrences in this area. Explorations revealed the presence of sulpifide mineralizations of copper nickel to the east and west of the claim groups held.
Other exploration procedures included conducting geological, geomagnetic, and electromagnetic surveying.on the property. Even trenching was taking place at this time period as the company was working at further exposing the molybdenum veins. Further results indicated that this deposit of molybdenum could be work as an economical project with some association values in silver, gold and copper. Company officials also stated that the geomagnetic survey had detected a strong anomaly on the north-easterly parts of these claims. This also included claim T.554877-88, which was near a granite greenstone contact. Some old trenching which was probably completed by Barton, had exposed chalcopyrite, and pyrrhotite mineralization along the shore of Net Lake. These trenches are considered to be located on the east side of claim T55488. Some more company statements had also stated that these sulfides are similar to the copper-nickel bearing sulfides at the Norrie Property, which adjoins the Myteque Property to the east. Most of the high magnetic anomalies on this property are predicted to be cause from the pyrrhotite
Geomagnetic surveys also indicated three parallel faults on the property with a strike of N 40 degrees w. Another southerly point of a fault had disclosed a shear zone, which may indicated more gold deposits within the Net Lake (Barton) Mine Property. Much of the whole entire geological formation of this fault is known to be located in a carbonated quartz filled breccia zone that strikes northwest-southeast in the greenstone area. Even more statements from this company had also stated that several magnetic highs are known to be associated with the fault area. A second fault location was disclosed by the shaft area, and another one was indicated by the course of the creek, which drains into Net Lake from a pond on claim T.55486. Additionally the company had also held an option on claim H.P 3, which was within the shaft areas.
Geology of the Net Lake (Barton) Molybdenum Mine
Most of the geological formations within this property are considered to be occupied by the Keewatin Volcanics, which are largely formed with Andesite, and basalt lavas with well developed flow structures in some areas. These Keewatin lavas were also known to have their own strike to the north-northeast, and are strongly stated to have steep dips. Mapping by W.W Moorehouse had shown that these Keewatin rocks are known to extend as a tongue into the granite formation, that's located to the north, east, and south of the claims held by Myteque Mines, Limited.
1970 - Staked by the Copperfields Mining Corporation - Explorations contracted out to Dighem, Limited.
Dighem, Limited. had additionally conducted an airborne survey for the Copperfields Mining Corporation in 1970. The whole entire airborne survey had been flown through 1,171 lines miles in the Temagami area of Ontario, Canada. It was also at this time period when a total of 27 line miles were stated to have been flown over claims owned by the Copperfields Mining Corporation. Other statements made by the contract surveyors had stated that the deep penetration channel seldom had a noise in excess of 2ppm. Surveying of the area had provided five channels of data at 918 hz, and radioaltitude.
Much of the survey was reported to have been flown in a direction to the north-south. In addition it was also stated that line spacing was made 1/4 of a mile, which was done by an FH-1100 Helicopter CF-Gal. Other statements stated that the helicopter was also equipped with other auxiliary equipment that consisted of a Bonzer Radioaltimeter, a Traid Sequence Camera, an MFE six channel hot pen recorder, and a 60 hz monitor. Other anomalies also became detected near the claims but we're considered to have been interrupted according to conductivity-thickness in MHOS. For the most part the survey was only aimed at detecting bedrock conductors as surface exposures such as swamps became eliminated from the interruption.
The prospect shaft, which was sunken to a depth of 50 feet on the Molybdenum vein is considered to have exposed a zone that was 50 feet wide. Examinations of the zone revealed that it had largely consisted of gash veins of quartz carrying chalcopyrite, and molybdenum in a greenstone formation.
1997 - Staked by D.F. King
Further prospecting on this claim had continued on June 24, 1997, when explorations were being conducted to the west side of the claims near the high-way and pipeline. This prospecting procedure had results in determining the geology, surface sampling procedures, and beep mat testing. More ares were being prospect to the east side of this property, when geological determination, and sampling was done. Further stripping had also occurred on a moss covered carbonated quartz vein for further assaying. A beep mat was also conducted in this area. Explorations within this area had resulted in a discovery of another molybdenum vein, that was continuously prospect, and beep mat tested. Results from these prospecting procedures had also outline a sulfide deposit with the Molybdenum vein zone. A magnetic survey also became conducted in determining any deep kimberlite zones on this property.
Sample: K-1-869, in PPB and %
Au 453 PPB
Ag 4.0 PPB
1998 - Staked by Douglas King
Explorations had taken place on the north-central part of claim 1200808, which was done on the trails, traverses, and prospecting south on an exposed ridge. of contaminated phase of rock to the shore line of Net Lake. Prospecting later continued on the east shore line of net lake within a gossanous zone in mafic metavolcanics. This resulted in collecting samples for assaying procedures. Prospecting to the north of gossanous zone had revealed another gossanous zone with quartz stringers. A discovery of visible Mo, and Cu was uncovered from a small area which was stripped 2 m by 2 m.
Claim 1200808: A discovery of Molybdenum was uncovered in this claim
Claim 1202870 - The trenches, and pits which were discovered by Douglas King had been very gossanous. Further prospecting in these areas had discovered a massive sulfide zone with the use of a pick, and a hammer. Other statements stated that this mineralized zone had consisted of pyrite, chalcopyrite, and pryyhotite which attracts a magnetic needle. Gold results had indicated an assay of 82 PPB within this sulfide formation.
Priest Silver-Gold-Copper Mine
1907 - Staked by the Cross Lake Mining Company, Limited.
Much attention was being triggered to this area after the Cobalt Rush had spark a staking rush within the Nipissing District. Prospecting on the Priest Silver-Copper-gold Mine project had taken place in 1907, when the property was staked by Cross Lake Mining Company, Limited. In addition it was stated that the company had held a total of nine unpatented mining claims in Torrington Township, Nipissing District, Ontario, Canada. Explorations within these claims were considered to have taken place on an Island that was located on Cross Lake. A small amount of test pitting, and some trenching had revealed a silver vein, which resembled the early Cobalt Rush at the time.
Development of this area included the sinking of an inclined shaft, that was sunken on the main silver vein zone. Shaft sinking had continued to follow this vein for a depth of 75 feet below the surface, and the waters of Cross Lake. It was addition stated that the main shaft was sunken on a 40 degree angle, and a bearing of 210 degrees. More explorations also occurred 300 feet to the north of the shaft when a pit was sunk on a flat lying carbonated quartz vein. Examinations of the vein had revealed it to have a width of 12 inches, with a small amount of chalcopyrite that occurred within it. Further statements stated that this area could indicate a parallel occurrences to the silver vein already being worked.
Veining within the shaft area is known to have its own strike to the east-west and dips 40 degrees to the south, with a slight plunge or dip downward to the east. Other statements had stated that this vein is known to be entirely of quartz, and varies from 4 inches to 24 inches in width.The wall rock that travels through the shaft is known to be in a Cobalt greywacke, with a showing of some pronounced north-south shearing and some carbonated quartz showings. It was stated that in one place of the shaft hanging wall had broken into the carbonated quartz, and two other veins became disclosed, one of 25 inch, and the other of 15 inches in width. No drifting was reported to have been done on the silver veins at the time of exploring this area further. More statements had stated it was very evident that good minerlaization had occurred within the shaft are. Most of this was being judge from the high-grade ore,which was found in the muck, and some more high-grade ore was noted in the dumps. This whole entire geological mineralization was considered to have consisted of pyrite, chalcopyrite, and galena. A small amount of gold was also stated to have been associated with the pyrites that occurred within this mineralization. Samples at the time we're also being collected from the bottom of the shaft and had indicated the following assays.
Samples taken across 15 inches
Gold 0.03 oz, Silver 2.26 ounces, copper 5.03%, and lead 2.39%
Samples taken across 8 inches
Gold 0.01 oz, silver 2.13 ounces, copper 0.35%, and lead 4.99%
1955- Cross Lake Mining Company, Limited
Another attempt at explorations were being conducted in 1955, when the shaft was officially dewatered, and sampled. Diamond drilling within 1955 had consisted of 4 surface holes to unknown lengths. Nothing else had taken place at this time period of conducting explorations procedures. Sampling of the newly drilled area is unknown due to the minimum information obtained in 1955.
Skunk Lake Iron-Sulfide Prospect - Ore Reserves of 2,000,000 Tonnes of Fe, grading 63% with minor amounts of sulfides.
Skunk Lake Iron-Sulfide Prospect - Ore Reserves of 2,000,000 Tonnes of Fe, grading 63% with minor amounts of sulfides.
1948 - Property was first staked by the Dominion Gulf Company
The Dominion Gulf Company had held a group of 92 unpatented claims in central Afton Township, Nipissing District, Ontario, Canada. Claim staking had occurred after an airborne magnetic survey had revealed a large east-west trending magnetic anomaly. Other examinations of the area had revealed that it was tempered as being caused by a fold Early Precambrian Iron Formation estimated to be 90 m, and 300 feet below the surface. After conducting the Airborne Magnetic Survey, it was follow by a staking, a ground magnetic survey, a detailed geological survey along the claim boundaries, and some diamond drilling. Diamond drilling on the property consisted of 5 surface holes, totalling 3,525 feet became drilled in the spring of 1948. Hole Numbers 3, 4, and 5 had totalled a length of 964 feet, which were driven on claim S50388 to investigate a quartz vein, and holes No. 1 and 2 had totalled 2,561 feet in length, became drilled on claim S50327. Further statements from the company had reported that no results of economic interest are reported for hole numbers 3,4, and 5, and no iron formations was reached in drill holes 1, and 2.
1953 - Other claims were staked by Geo-Scientific Prospectors, Limited in Afton Township.
More prospecting on the Skunk Lake area was considered to have all started in 1952, when the Geo-Scientific Prospectors Limited staked this property. Company officials at the tie had held a group of eight unpatented mining claims in Scholes Township. It further state that these claims were situated to the east of the Afton-Scholes Township Boundary lines. Further company statements had stated that surveys were being conducted on selected areas of Afton Township. Surveying in those selected areas had resulted in a mineralization by geophysical surveys. Exploration of the area resulted in heavy trenching, and diamond drilling holes.
1958 - Exploration work continued to take place by the Geo-Scientific Prospectors, Limited. in Afton Township.
More statements from the company stated that five trenches were made, and four surface diamond drill holes, totalling 141 feet in length became completed. Geological maping procedures were also done on this property within this time period of conducting explorations.
1959 - Geo-Scientific Prospectors, Limited - Continued work in Afton Township
Diamond drilling consisted of three more surfaces holes, totalling 1,136 feet in length. Much of the mineralized zones were reported to have been in andecite, which had showed chlorization, epidotization, and slight berrciation. Mineralizations within this area were considered sparse, and occurred as tiny sulfides veinlets, and disseminated pyrite, chalcopyrite, and pyrrhotite.
1956-1957 - Other Claims staked by North American Rare Metals, Limited.
Other stakes on Sunk Lake had taken place in 1955, as the North American Rare Metals, Limited would conduct their own explorations procedures. Almost all explorations on this property by the company had included ground geophysics, and mapping The Skunk Lake Exploration was also being contracted at the time to another surveying company known as Sharpe Geophysical Surveys, Limited. During this time period a magnetometer survey had became establish on a portion of the property, which was held by North American Rare Metals, Limited. Other statements had stated that this survey was being conducted on picket lines space 400 feet. Company officials stated that the survey contained no iron formation, but lies south-east of an Iron Formation Statements from geological experts suggest that the area may be covered by a pyrrhotite mineralization within six locations of the surveyed area. Survey settings within this prospective area indicated these predictions from characterized aligment, along the strike, of Magnetic highs, and lows, which are typically pyrrhotite mineralizations in Keewatin Volcanics. Results from the survey determined the presence of 6 anomalies that were discovered from magnetometer survey methods.
Anomaly A: Two Lines, minus 2,300 to plus 500 gamma with the positive zone considered to extend to another four lines to the east.
Anomaly B - Three lines, minus 1,500 to plus 400 gama, and a 300 gamma.high is stated to parallel with the anomly on north-east flank. Other statements stated that the lows in this area are known to extend northeast for one mile, and may be a formational low.
Anomaly C-1- Three lines, plus 1,350 gamma, which are similar to the other highs but appear alone in the area.
Anomaly C-2- Two lines, minus 1,250 gamma, which are similar to several other lows that occur in this area.
Anomaly D - Seven lines, from minus 7,000 to plus 300 gamma, may possibly in line with drill tests on adjoining property to the southwest.
Anomaly E - two lines, minus 400 to plus 1,700 gammas, is stated to dip southwest
Anomaly F - Two parallel structures, two lines each, plus 1,200 to minus 400 gammas are stated to dip southeast.
1956 to 19 - Property taken over by Temagami Mining Co, Limited,
A contract was reported to have been made when the Geophysical Engineering, and Surveys, Limited became in charge of exploring this area. Diamond drilling at the time had consisted of three surface diamond drill holes, totalling 1,166 feet.
1957 - Staked by Temagami Mining Co, Limited - Explorations contracted to Geophysical Engineering, and Survey, Limited.
Another 9 surface holes, totalling5,380 feet became completed by the Geophysical Engineering, and Surveys, Limited. A detailed description of the drill results are found below.
Huronian Sediments - The Huronian Sediments are considered comprised of pebble greywacke or conglomerate, and are occasionally in bands of fine grained argillaceous greywacke. Other statements state that this formation is massive in size, and has a fresh appearance to it. It was also indicated that the pebble greywacke contains up to 20% small pebbles, and a few boulders. Further examinations had stated that the bedding in these planes, which are associated with the fine grained greywacke, are known to indicate that the strata is nearly flat.
Archean Intrusives - These segiments are considered to be underlain by a fine to medium grained gabbroic intrusives. Much of the Gabbro is also considered to be coarser grained, which appears to be similar to the diabase. Other inspections of the gabbro had indicated that it was lighter in color, and more highly altered. Even the diabase contact within this area is overlain by sediments are sharply defined, without change in grain size. Geological examinations of the are had revealed that the gabbro was pre-Huronian in age, and the contacts with the volcanic are indistinct. Some more examinations had stated that the Rhyolite appears to have been brecciated, fused, and partially assimilated by the Gabbro. Diamond drilling had also indicated the presence of numerous altered rhyolite xenoliths of varying size.
Archean Volcanics - Volcanics at the time were also encounter from diamond drilling, which comprise of fine grained, medium grey rhyolite breccia. Other statements state that the fragments of the breccia are also considered to be slightly darker then the matrix The volcanic formation in this area has a dip from 65 degrees to 70 degrees. Some more statements stated that the strike of the volcanics is not known, but the magnetic anomalies over the iron formation at 3 miles to the north are known to shown that the regional trend is southwesterly.
Carbonates - Two diamond drill holes in 1956, and four holes in 1957, had encountered carbonate bodies. Examinations defined the carbonated bodies as medium, grained, crystalined, with grey to dark blueish grey, which is defined in other places as fined grained harder, light grey and vuggy. Predictions also state that the carbonate in the Skunk Lake area can also come in massive veins with a dip that is fairly steep. Indications of the steep dip had mainly been taken from the occasional dark, chloritic seem of unreplaced rock.
Magnetite - Temagami Mining, Company had additionally made the discovery of Magnetite formations to a depth of 350 feet below Huronian Sediments. Much of the magnetite formation is made up of several narrow bands of unreplaced rock, and introduced impurities indicate that the bodies dip at 65 degree to 70 dregees. Examinations of this area had revealed that the magnetite bodies are considered to be roughly lenticular, with jagger outlines, and long axis trending in an easterly direction. Some of the impurities that are associated with the magnetite are known to include carbonate, amphibolite, garnets, and minor amounts of pyrite, chalcopyrite, pyrrhotite, and apatite. Drilling and magnetometer data soon had resulted that this ore-body has 2,000 tonnes of ore reserves indicated so far.
Sulfides - All the sulfide zones within the Skunk Lake Iron formation are stated to be disseminated pyrite, chalcopyrite, and pyrrhotite, which occur within the magnetite bodies. It rather known to carry minor amounts of pyrite, and chalcopyrite strongly occurs in dissemination, of tiny irregular veinlets, and blebs, and quartz-carbonated veins within the highly altered zones surrounding the magnetite deposits. A small amount of chalcopyrite had also occurred within the sediments in hole No. SK-9.
1962 - Temagami Mining Company, Limited
A magnetometer survey was stated to have been conducted in order to uncover more magnetite ore-bodies.
1964 - Temagami Mining Company, Limited, were formed into the Copperfields Mining Company, Limited.
1965 -Copperfields Mining Company,Limited had also option 23 survey claims in Afton Township from Geo-Scientific Prospectors, Limited. No additional work was commenced on these claims, and they were transferred back to Geo-Scientific Prospectors, Limited.
1973 - Copperfields Mining Company, Limited -claims on Scholes, and Pyllis Township boundary of Skunk Lake.
Mine explorations on these claims were being conduct on December, 31, 1973. Company officials at the time had held a total of ten, leased, survey mining claims within these township boundary lines.
Emerald Lake Island Sulfide Prospect.
Prospecting on the Emerald Lake Island Prospect had first taken place in 1947, when the property was staked by X-Ray Syndicate. Stakings of this property had resulted in a group of 29 unpatented mining claims in southern quarter of Afton Township. Surveying procedures at this time had consisted of magnetometer survey to investigate the extension of a sulfide zone in Early Precambrian metasediments, and felsic pyroclasic rocks.
1973 - Claims leased to R.M Bulter of Wabico Mines, Limited. by X-Ray Syndicate-
Mr. Butler at the time had held to survey claims which were being leased at the time, and had consisted of claims S111764 and S111765. These claims were rather reported to have been staked on a large island on Emerald Lake. No assessment reports are considered to be place under R.Butler but are registered to the Wabico Mines, Limited. A huge amount of claims were soon added to this prospecting location when the company held a group of 11 unpatented mining claims in the Emerald Lake area, and the largest island on this lake. Another optioning was shortly after optioned to the Geo-Scientific Prospectors, Limited. Explorations at this time had included geological, geochemical, self potential, and magnetic surveying on the Island. Diamond drilling on the island was considered to have consisted of 15 surfaces holes, totalling 9,156 feet in length. Assaying of this core had taken place, and the company had stated that an economical sulphide mineralization is yet to be discovered. Some more diamond drilling was also conducted by Wabico Mines, Limited, and had consisted of six surface holes, totalling 1,868 feet in length. Drilling had continued to take place when Wabico Mines, Limited had drilled one hole in the lake that totalled 164 feet.
Further statements had stated that many different types of mineralizations became discovered on this iron formation. These mineralizations had included the following Antimony, Arsenic, Beryllium, bismuth, Cadmium, cerium, cobalt copper, chromium, germanium, lead lithium, magnesium, Mercury, molybdenum, nickel, niobium, silver, tellurium, thorium, tin, titanium, tugsten, uranium, vanadium, yttrium, zinc, and zirconium.
1962- Another optioning of the property was optioned out to Hanna Mining Company, who explored this area as an iron prospect. Company officials had optioned a total of seven claims at the time of taking these optioning rights for further prospecting. Prospecting of these claims had included geological and magnetic survey, stripping, trenching, and chip sampling on two claims comprising the island.
Aumacho Sulphide Propset
1956 - Staked by Aumacho River Mines, Limited - Sulphide discovery made.
A small amount of prospecting for sulphide mineralization had taken place in 1956, when the mining property was staked by Aumacho River Mines, Limited. In addition to this staking it was strongly reported that the company had held a group of 19 unpatented mining claims located on the east centeral Afton-Schole Township boundary lines. Examination of this property resulted in an early Precambrian country rock formations at the surface. Far more explorations included gridlines cutting, and mapping procedures. Prospecting had soon resulted in a discovery of a sheared zone of actinolized mafic metavolcanics with a N. 50 degrees W strike. The whole entire formation was first traced outside the Aumacho property before continuing through it for a distance of 500 feet. Grab samples at this time indicated a mineralization that assayed 0.89% copper, 0.30 ounces of silver per a ton, 0.01 ounces of gold per a ton, and 0.02% cobalt.
1957- Prospecting by Aumacho River MInes, Limited.
Diamond drilling within 1957, had consisted of three surfaces holes, totalling 160 feet in length. Surface explorations of the property had resulted in a band of limestone, that was 20 feet wide, and traced for a distance of 1,100 feet in, and east of the property. Discoveries of the limestone formation were considered to have been uncovered during geological mapping procedures. These were also not considered to have been added to the mapping of this claimed area.
Emerald Lake Prospect (Not Golden Rose Mine)
1961 - Property staked by Joburke Gold Mines, Limited.
The Emerald Lake Prospect was reported to have only been worked on by Joburke Gold Mines, Limited, who staked claim No. S113113. Explorations in this area had consisted of six surface diamond drill holes, totalling 641 feet in length. Results from the core indicated only medium to fine grained of highly fractured diabase. It was stated that the claim was located on the mainland, just east of the largest island on Emerald Lake, Afton Township.
Iron Mountain Claims
Gold was first discovered on this property by, R.M. Onotsky, who staked a group of four unpatented mining claims on December, 31, 1973. Another staking was made by R.A. Vailancourt, who started explorations on a property adjoining the Onotsky Gold Project. He additionally had held a total of five unpatented mining claims in Clement Township, Nipissing District, Ontario, Canada. Even further exploration work was being achieved in the northwest corner of Clement Township by C.Cook, Leger Mines, Limited, and by Noranda Mines, Limited.
According to Legar Mines, Limited, it was stated that Mackenzie, and Mann were the main contractors in building the Canadian National Railways, tested in 1900s. It was at this time when magnetic iron formations became discover on claim no. T.53552, which became known as Iron mountain. Diamond drilling had taken place when two drill holes became driven by Mackenzie, and Mann. Much of the core that came from this drilling was taken out by winter road in early spring. Before this could be assayed it became stated that the sleigh had broken through the ice, and the core samples were never recovered.
1935-1936- Property staked by Taylor
In 1935, and 1936, it was stated that some unreported exploration work had taken place on claim No.s T51862, in Clement Township, and S118303 in Afton Township. This whole entire exploratory work had taken place on the north end of the Leger Mines Property. Explorations within this time period had blasted several pits up to 30 feet into the side of a quartz outcropping at the base of a 60 to 100 foot diabase bluff. Reports on this area could not be uncovered due to the passing of a prospector by the name of Taylor in 1937 or 1938.
1955-1956 - Two claims staked by Noranda Mines, Limited on Iron Mountain. Claims Acquired by Pickel Crow Gold Mines, Limited
Other claims became shortly staked by the historical Noranda Mines, Limited in 1955-56. Explorations at the time were taking place on claims T53551, and T.53552, These claims were additionally located on Iron Mountain, and to the south of this range. It was during this time period when reconnaissance geological mapping was done, and a magnetometer, and electromagnetic survey were accomplished. Diamond drilling consisted of two short holes, one 185 feet, and the other 475 feet were conducted from the northwest, and northeast of Iron Mountain. Results from the electromagnetic survey had uncover conductors that were mapped on top of Iron Mountain.
Pickel Crow Gold Mines, Limited had conducted 13 surface diamond drill holes, totalling 6,197 feet in length. A small amount of Uranium was stated to have a total grade of 0.002 to 0.028%, and 0.05 ounces of gold per a ton. Nothing else had taken place at this time of abandoning explorations on this property.
1959-1960 - Another staking was made by Stan Welsh of Elk Lake, Ontario, Canada
He additionally had started prospecting the claim that once belong to C.Cook with the objective of exploiting the magnetite iron formation. Further examinations indicated that the magnetite was to banded, and contaminated to make development as an iron ore feasible.
Other discoveries were made on June, 1962, when Loyd Legar had discovered an outcrop of white quartz in the southwest corner of claim S118303, in Afton Township. He additionally had no choice but to obtain a quarrying license, and had shipped samples to the cermatic manufacture in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. As he continued to prospect the southeast corner of claim T.51862, of Clement Township, he soon discovered a large outcrop. This whole new discovery zone had resulted in more quarrying ground of the silica material. Further blasting to a depth of three to four feet had soon uncovered considerable disseminated chalcopyrite in quartz, which eliminated its economic scale of silica production.
1962 - Staked by A.S Bayne, and Mr, Legar- Incorporated MACS Syndicate
By this time Mr. Legar had notified Mr. A.S. Bayne, who was a mining engineer of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. He additionally had examined this discovery on August, 1962, and grab samples were taken by Bayn from quartz containing gasson, and fresh chalcopyrite. Assays at the time were considered to have range from a trace to 3.90 ounces of gold, and 1.60 ounces of silver per a tonne. It was at this time when Bayne and Legar had decided to enter into a grubstake partnership, which became organized into the MACS Syndicate. This resulted in staking more claims to the area, and had now comprised of 27 claims, which were acquired by Legar Mines, Limited in 1963.
1963 - Claims became acquired by Legar Mines, Limited
A huge amount of explorations were now taking place when extensive rock trenches opened this area up further. Prospecting at the time was being done on the south end of claim T.51862, in Clement Township, during June, July, and August. of 1963. For the most part this was being done to cross-section with the quartz veins, and a geologist by the name of J.M Montgomery of Toronto, was engaged to carry out a systemic survey of the quartz veins, and an examination of the property. He stated that the quartz veins were considered to be very low to be mined at a mineable width. Grab samples also became taken from the mineralized quartz vein, and indicated the following below.
Sample No Gold Silver Copper
12-1 0.07 0.62 3.98%
12-2 0.04 trace 2.21%
12-3 0.03 2.01 8.90%
12-4 0.04 6.25 22.88%
1963 - MACS Syndicate acquired two claims on Iron Mountain.
Explorations by MACS Syndicate had all taken place on claims T.53551 and T.53522 in August, 1963, when they were allowed to lapse by the previous holders. Legar Mines, Limited had still held optioning rights to these claims. It was state by the company that this area had may be an important metal base discovery on the ranks of the iron formation that were partially unexplored.
J.A Mowat had also engaged in the exploration on September, 1963, in order to complete detailed geological mapping, geophysical and geochemical soil sampling. The whole entire exploration phase had indicated the results from previous explorations, and the possible existence of lead, and zine mineralizations in the overburden rock at the top of Iron Mountain. Prospecting by Legars associates had also taken place on the northeast section of the anomaly areas, which comprises of good mineralizations of lead, and zinc in the Timiskaming Quartz, Assaying from this area was reported to have given grades of 3.67% Zinc. A bulk sample across 25 feet of the quartize carries grades of 0.21% lead, and 0.39% Zinc.
1964 - Legar Mines Limited
Diamond drilling consisted of 6 surface holes, totalling 1,650 feet in length by Legar Mines, Limited. No other work had taken place on Iron Mountain at the time. Attempts were considered to have tried mining this area but it was stated that the ore material was below economical value.
Arcand Lake Gold Occurrence
1958 - Staked by W.H Nickol
Temagami Ontario was rather being rapidly explored from the 1930 to the 1940s, then again from 1942 to 1958. Gold at the time was discovered by W,H Nickol, who had staked a group of 17 unpatented claim on the following locations. On the Eastern Side of Arcand Lake, Clement Township, and one or two claims on Manitou Lake. just east of the northern tip of Arcand Lake. Diamond drilling within this time period had consisted of three surface holes, totalling 765 feet in length. The whole entire geological formation that surrounded the northern tip of Arcand Lake was early Precambrian iron formations outcrops in massive bonaceous argillite.
1959 - Still staked by W.H Nickol
These stakings resulted in a quartz vein discovery on the eastern shoreline of Cucumber Lake. Explorations of this area had stated to have followed this vein for a distance of 210 feet by trenching. Diamond drilling at the time had consisted of one diamond drill hole, totalling 110. Results from the coe had only encountered porphyritic andesite.
More drilling was then taken place when 5 surface diamond drill holes were put down on another quartz vein, and totalled 208 feet in length. Examinations of this quart vein had determined it to have a width of 1 or 2 feet, and had strike about W 50 degrees E, and dipped to about 50 degrees to the north-west.
Another diamond drilling program of two surface holes, totalling 242 feet in length was completed on the iron formation. Assaying by Nickol has estimated that the magnetite content had its own grading of 15 to 30%. Further examinations on the property had discovered another showing on a hill to the east of Arcand Lake, which might of been referred as Turcotte Showing or mine by Miler in 1901. Samples, and assays are listed below.
Sample No. Trench No Width Description Assay (Gold Ounces per a tonne)
112 3 30 inches Quartz -Sparse pyrite- minor oxide iron 0.29
113 3 10 inches Andesite-HW, Disseminated Pyrite 0.01
114 4 24 inches Andesite-HF, Disseminated Pyrite 0.12
115 4 22 inches Quartz minor pale pyrite 0.05
116 4 12 inches Andesite- HW, minor pyrite at contact 0.01
117 5 12 inches Andesite- HW, Quartz, Disseminater py 0.18
118 5 11 inches Quartz, trace pyrite 5 12 inches Andesite-HW, trace of pyrite 0.01
120 6 12 inches Andesite-Hw, oxidation 0.04
121 6 12 inches Quartz, trace of pyrite 1.76
122 6 12 inches Andecite- Hw, trace pyrite 0.05
123 7 6 inches Quartz, lightly oxidized 0.04
124 7 12 inches Andesite fractured, oxidized 0.01
Kokoko Iron Range Prospect - Historical Ore Reserves at 21,220,000, grading 25 to 40% iron over a width of 500 feet in the No 1 zone area. Sulphide Minerals at traces of Ag, and 0.02% Nickel. Gold is normally found inthe quartz veins.
1946 - Described by W.W. Moorehouse
Magnetite Iron was first discovered on this property in 1944, when it was describe by Moorehouse in a report
1952 - Staked by Dominion Gulf Company
It was at this time when the company had commence explorations on the Kokoko Iron property, which was located in Cynthia Township, Nipissing District, Ontario, Canada. Company officials from the Dominion Gulf Company had staked 11 claims around Ferrim Lake, and was considered as a large group of claims staked along an iron formation. The whole entire KoKoKo Iron formation is known to extend from Kokoko Lake to the south of Ferrim Lake, and into Chambers Township.
Explorations at the time had consisted of geological and magnetometer surveying on this property. This whole entire surveying procedure resulted in the cutting of North-South Lines at 400 foot intervals. Further surveying and mapping procedures were also being conducted at 200 intervals on these lines. Even more explorations commence when a the company conducted an extensive surface program. This whole entire surface program had included 2,927 feet of trenching, and 1,339 feet of rock trenching. A small amount of diamond drilling with an unknown length was also being conducted at the time. Core sample results indicated that the iron formation starts at 300 feet, and goes to a depth of 1,000 feet.
Further examinations revealed that this iron formation is known to occur in a ridge trending in a general northeast-southeast direction. Other statements had also stated that the iron outcroppings are considered to occur as shoals in Kokoko Lake, and ground magnetometer surveying suggest that Ferrin Lake is underlain by iron formations also. Even more examinations were made when this iron formation was made up of alternating band of magnetite, silica, jasper, and minor amounts of martite. Magnetite was also interbedded with Jasper alone, and other where the magnetite is only interbedded with the silica. in the form of fine-grained quartz or chert. Higher grading's were also reported to have been made in the interbedded jasper, and magnetite lenses. Much of the whole entire formation is brecciated, with the fragments being cemented by the silica.
Another ore-body was also discovered in the central area of this iron formation, and had a width of 416 feet, and a length of 3,000 feet. It was rather stated that this ore-body was traced from claim L 20 E, to L 42 E. Explorations had resulted in a third ore-body, which was said to have been 170 feet wide, and 1,400 feet in length. Some more prospecting of the area soon resulted in a continuation of the ore-body from L 42 E to L 52 E.
Other minerals also became discovered within this formation that included small pockets of sulphide deposits zones. Pyrite was stated to have been the usual sulphide with some pyrrhotite, and minor amounts of chalcopyrite. Further statement from the company had stated that the most interesting sulphide zone was discovered in claim L 48 E at 1,000 feet south of the base line C. The zone was 6 feet wide in the basalt of an ryohlite contact, which was very well mineralized with finally disseminated pryyhotite, and magnetite formations. Sampling of this area had resulted in grades of Au (Nil), traces of Ag, and 0.02% Nickel.
Some more explorations of the area had resulted in a massive pyrite zone, which was within a rhyolite formation zone on L 25 E, and 1,450 feet south of base line C. Other pyrite mineralizations with rhyoliye are also known to occur on L 40 E. Only low gold and silver values were considered to have been pick up from these sulphide formations within the iron.
1954 - Still staked, and owned by Dominion Gulf Company
A minor amount of explorations had taken place within this time period as diamond drilling consisted of 4 surface holes, totalling 2,822 feet in length.
1956 - Ownership change went to the hands of Jalore Mining Company
1956 - Property taken over by Canadian Astoria Minerals
Diamond drilling had taken place, and consisted of drilling shallow holes in the center of the property.
1963- Property taken over by Gold Ray Mines, Limited
Explorations at the time had consisted of three surface holes, totalling 500 m in length.
1970 - Jones and Laughlin Steel corporation made an acquisition on the property.
Metallurgical testing was officially taking place, when 4 samples were obtained from the Kokoko Iron Range.
1998 - Ag Ameno Mines, and Minerals Inc. had staked this property
It was within this time period when the company had completed a ground geophysics survey on the property.
Falconbridge, Limited had driven ten diamond drill holes focused on the southern third of the property. Diamond drilling within this time period soon had intersected several sulphide mineralization hosting copper, iron, and nickel with silver and gold..
2007- 2012 - Staked by Pantheon Ventures Ltd.
Another ground geophysics survey was conducted on the property The whole entire work program had consisted of ground line cutting to extend existing geotechnical grid in the Ferrin Lake area. Other areas were also being explored to the north, and west of Tesse and Nellen Lakes. Other surveys that took place included a magnetometer walk mag survey, VLF-EM Surveying (Very low frequency), and Horizontal Loop Electromagnetics surveying techniques.
Even more sulphide showing were also discovered on the R.A. Gibson mineral occurrence. Examinations of this property had resulted in base metal discoveries containing lead and zinc in semi to massive sulphide zones. Much of the whole entire formation was considered to have been associated with significant quartz vein systems with gold mineralization.