By 1928, the Sudbury Offset Limited became incorporated to work the historical Sudbury Offset Mine. During this time period the company was rather commencing its own exploration stages on the future Sudbury Offset Property. Most of this exploration phase was being done on a rock outcropping that was 30 feet in width, and 200 feet long. Generally the company had soon encountered nickel resources that became uncovered from ten diamond drill holes. Much of this examination had soon revealed the hidden treasures that we're still to be uncovered from this location. Drilling from the massive outcrop had soon determined that the mine contained a grade of 4% Nickel-Copper resources. Within this time period the company was also further examining another section of this mining claim. Most of this examination was done when company officials had commence a large scale diamond drilling program that was strongly aimed to intersect the 500 and 1,000 foot section. More so the Sudbury Offset Mines Ltd. would also get the capital it had need to start production at the future Sudbury Offset Mine. Nothing else during this time period had escalated as the company was only exploring this mining area.
Company officials from the Sudbury Offset Limited had now taking exploration further within the year of 1929. Most of this had escalated when the mine was undergoing more diamond drilling phase that totalled 8,610 feet of core sample that was to be assayed. Some more trenching, stripping, and road building procedure had also taken place as the claim was known to be very isolated. This whole entire development would also start to further expand the Sudbury Offset mine as it was opening up the hidden treasures beneath the ground.
From 1930 to 1940, the whole entire Sudbury Offset mine was considered to have transformed when the company commence shaft sinking phase. All development on the No. 1 Sudbury Offset Mine shaft was officially sunken to a depth of 120 feet below ground levels. Much of this engineering phase soon had opened this section up when the 100 foot level was constructed. In general the first level was rather considered to be opened up by a series of drifting procedures that became driven to a distance of 120 feet. At the time more resources became discovered from all of this development that was taking its place on the former Sudbury Offset Mine.
By 1941, the whole entire Sudbury Offset mine was rather transforming when the Nickel Offset Limited had purchased this claim from the Sudbury Offset Limited. Generally this whole entire land transfer would end up re-naming this mining operation as the mine was now known as Nickel Offset Mine. By July, 15, 1941, the whole mining operation was once again being engineered as the three compartment vertical shaft was now reaching its own depth of 530 feet. Besides shaft sinking the company would also construct more stations that became driven on the mines 200, 350, and 500 foot sections. The second level that's located on the mines 200 foot section was strongly opened up by 173 feet of drifting with some crosscutting. Company officials, and its team of hard-workers then had also constructed the 350 foot level that was opened up by a drift for a distance of 151 feet, and had also included some crosscutting. All development on the 500 foot level was achieved when the company's employees started opening this section up with only 27 feet of drifting. Most of this claimed area became known to consist of 57 claims that became situated on 2,140 acres of land.
Within the year of 1941, the company and its dedicated team of miners would also commence construction phases on the much needed structures. These things had included the main head-frame, power-house, ore-bins, boiler house, water-tank, change house, black-smith and machine shop, and its very own office. Much of the whole entire plant had also consisted of a Dominion Crossley Diesel 150 H.P Engine, an Ingersoll Rand, 680 cubic compressor, an Ingersoll Rand 50 Cubic Foot Gas Compressor, a Canadian Ingersoll Rand 30 by 18 inch double drum air hoist, and a Leonardo 102 H.P heating boiler. Compared to other mines the Nickel Offset Mine was rather a small scale mine with a workforce of only 35 men at the time.
Soon enough it became evident that the Nickel Offset Mine was rather being transformed by the new mining firm in 1942. Development within this time period was being confined to further shaft sinking phases as the shaft was being sunken from the mines 650 foot level, to its 1,130 foot level. By no time the company was once again opening up new sections by engineering more ore producing level. Each of these levels became station, and cut on the mines 800, 950, and 1,100 foot sections.
Within this time period the mine was rather transforming when the company had further developed each level that became establish within the Nickel Offset Mine. Much of this development had included opening up the 200 foot section as the drift was now driven for a distance of 600 feet, and included 286 feet of crosscutting, with 138 feet of raising that was done. Company officials would also start to further expand the 350 foot level when it was now reaching 1,030 feet of drifting, 265 feet of crosscutting, and 160 feet of raising. More development would soon commence when the company was now opening up the 500 foot level as it had driven a crosscut for a distance of 226 feet, and also establish 143 feet of raising within that year. Company officials from the Nickel Offset Limited had also cut stations on the 600, 800, 950, and 1,100 foot levels. However, no development or production was reported to have been started within this time period of cutting these levels. By this time the company was now making its team of dedicated miners do more drilling phases when fourteen diamond drill holes became driven within the underground levels. Much of this would obtain 3,709 feet of core sample that was to be assayed at the on-site assaying lab. During this time period the Nickel Offset Mines Limited would also commence construction phase on a newly developed screening plant building, and its own 3 by 6 foot Allis-Chalmers Vibrating Screen, with line shafting, and conveyors, that had its own capacity of 300 tons of ore per a day. A total of 5,868 tons of nickel-copper ore was mined. Some 6,218 tons were screened, and 5,733 tons were shipped to the International Nickel Company of Canada, Limited, for treatment.
Huge amount of changes soon had taken place in 1944, when the Nickel Offset Mines Ltd. had outline new sulphide mineralization through diamond drilling that uncovered a new deposit. Much of this whole entire discovery zone was rather said to have been discovered 3,000 feet east of the No. 1 shaft operation. In addition this newly discovered area would leave company officials with no choice but to abandoned the No. 1 shaft operation. Further into exploring this area the company was now able to sink the No. 2 shaft that was developed to a depth of 1,106 feet. Most of this had soon constructed newly engineered levels that became cut and stationed on the mines 156, 306, 456, 606, and the 1,056 foot level. During development the company soon encounter a massive sulphide lens that was discovered on the 156 level. Generally this whole entire discovery zone would be examined and would have its own grade of 2.15% nickel, and 1.66% Copper over 28 feet. The 306 foot level had also seen some development when the company and its workers had started to expand this section with 255 feet of drifting to the east, and 50 feet drifting to the west. Over 1,500 feet of drifting on the mine 606 foot level was rather reported to have not encountered any large sulphide deposit zones. Some drilling within this section had also encounter a low grade Nickel and Copper vein that assayed 0.88% Nickel, and 0.36% Copper. Development on the 1,056 foot level was rather being constructed when 1,000 feet of drifting was driven within the hard-rock. During this time period the company was able to encounter more possible lens by conducting a diamond drilling program below the 1,056 foot level. But never to say the company. and its team of workers did not commence any development or production towards this newly discovered ore-body. All development of the newly built No.2 shaft was officially completed by 1950.
After not producing enough ore the company decided to abandon its No. 2 shaft operation when it was now going back to exploring the No. 1 shaft. Production from the No. 1 shaft operation was rather considered to be a lot more higher in grade then the No. 2 shaft production zone. By 1950 the company and its team of miners started to dewater the No. 1 shaft operation for the first time in its own life span. Much of this became establish so that the miners could further sink the No. 1 shaft as it was now reaching a depth of 1,599 feet below ground levels. Almost all development during that time period was being confined to the 650, 800, 950, 1,100, 1.250, and the 1,550 foot level. Development on the 650 foot level was establish by a long 794 foot drift that was driven west of the shaft. This soon had encountered the top of a sulphide lens that was traced all the way down to the 950 foot level of this mining operation. The 950 foot level was now being opened up by 1,556 feet of drifting that soon encountered a 400 foot long disseminated sulphide deposit that average 1.43% Nickel and 1.16% copper. Further drilling within the end of the drift had also encounter a more lower grade deposit of nickel-copper ore that average 0.79% Nickel, and 0.76% copper over 7 feet.
By 1953, the Nickel Offset Mines Ltd was on another move when it started production of its newly developed 300 ton per a day milling facility. Generally this whole entire milling facility was located not to far from the No. 1 shaft that was far more developed the No. 2 shaft operation. More so the No 1 shaft had a total of 9 producing level while the No. 2 shaft had only 5 levels to its own name. However, the Nickel Offset Mines Ltd would not last forever as the reserves had proven to become exhausted, and the Metal prices during this time period weren't so stable. When the mine came to its final closure it was known to have consisted of 10,000 feet of drifting, and crosscutting, and 3,980 feet of raising that was done within the No. 1 shaft, The No, 2 shaft had a total of 6,000 feet of drifting, and crosscutting, and 409 feet of raising that was completed over five levels.
The Nickel Offsets property is located within the Sudbury mining camp which has, historically, producing an excess of 16 billion pounds of nickel, 15 billion pounds of copper, 85 million ounces of silver, 17 million ounces of platinum, and 3 million ounces of gold and remains, to this day, Canada’s principal producer of platinum.