Much of this whole entire discovery zone was reported to have been discovered 1 mile south of Long Lake, and 9 miles south of Naughton. By 1909, the No . 1 Long Lake shaft was now reaching a total new depth when it was sunken to 100 feet below the shaft collar. Even this geology structure was rather very dangerous to work with as it had consisted of Arsenopyrite, and chalcopyrite quartz. This whole entire gold mineralize is known for showing its characteristic in a large quartz outcropping that's 90 feet in length, and 70 feet in width. By the end of 1909, the whole entire roadway into the mining zone was complete from Naughton. As the company started to expand this operation it also commenced new construction phase of a Power Plant that would included a 200 H.P water tube boiler, and it's very own 10 drill compressor.
All mining operations at the Long Lake Gold Mine would be permanently shut down till a new solution could be made in regards to the shortage of power in 1911. Within this time period the company also started on constructing it's very own 10 Stamp Mill facility that need extra power to operate it also. So by 1912, the company was rather enlarging it's 10 stamp milling facility in order to process more gold ore from the mining operation. Much of this whole entire enlargement would also add another additional 10 stamps to the milling operation, and more changes became made when the company decided to treat it's ore with cyanide Treatment. Within this year the company alone had sunken the No. 1 shaft operation to about 180 feet while opening levels on the 100 foot level, and it's 180 foot section. The 180 foot level was rather being confined to it's own development when the miners had completed 60 feet of drifting on this level alone. As the year slowly came to an end the Canadian Exploration Company wouldn't conduct any more development on the Long Lake Gold Mine that year. A small amount of ore was also taken and stockpile as the milling operation wasn't in operation.
Within 1912, the milling operation wasn't in production as the lack of power supply became a major down fall for this operation. So the Canadian Exploration Company had no choice but to order a contract from the Wahnapitae Power company by 1913. However, much of the underground mining operations still continued as it slowly exploded in more development, and ore extracting procedures. No other development was known to have occurred within 1912, as the mine had it's own problem to fix before being able to produce ore bearing material for the first time.
Several changes would start to take shape in 1913, when the Canadian Exploration Company had obtained the much needed power to run the new 20 stamp mill. It would also place new upgrades towards improving it's 20 stamp milling facility with a new Tube Mill, and it's own extensive changes to the use of Cyanide. Company officials within that time period had also estimated that the mill will reach double it's capacity by 1914, as it already had a capacity for 120 tonnes of ore per a day.
Underground development within 1914, was rather being achieved by shaft, and open pit operation's as the pit was reaching 40 feet in depth, and 100 feet in diameter. Almost all the ore from the pit was than drop through ore passes that connected with the first, and second level. As the ore was dropped from the top, it than had landed into tramway bins that we're waiting to be taken from the mine to the surface. On the first level the ore is commonly considered to be trammed to the shaft before being dumped into an ore pocket that's capable of handling 30 tonnes of ore.. Once the skips become loaded, the ore then becomes hoisted to a bin that was once located at the collar of the shaft. From here the ore is than taken by an aerial tramline for a distance of 300 feet to the 20 stamp milling facility where it becomes dumped into ore bins. As the ore bins become filled, the ore is then dumped automatically into the milling facility for its cyanide treatment procedure. Within this time perod the company's men we're rather confined to stoping procedures on the first level that was located at 100 feet. Even the shaft was rather reaching it's own depth of 225 feet below the ground but much of the work was still confined to the 100 foot level or the main level. Nothing else had escalated during that time period of getting this mining operation more productive than it's ever been.
By the following year in 1915, the mine was once again experiencing heavy development, and production procedures. The whole entire mining operation was rather productive when the mill, underground workings, and open pit was in operation through out the whole year. Company officials also determined this ore to carry massive quartz of mispickel ore, and pyrites formations that made processing a bit more harder. More problems soon had rise as the ore wasn't well defined between the contact of the ore-body and the barren quartzite that was surrounding it.
Even shaft operations within 1915, weren't change from the pervious depth of only 225 feet below the ground. Much of this shaft was designed to have two compartments to the first level, and three compartment from the first to the second level. Almost all the mine workings within that time period we're also being confined to the mines 80, and 180 foot sections as no other levels were developed. As development continued the company also place new engineering phase that became aimed at sinking an internal winze shaft below the second level at 180 feet. Besides shaft operations, the mine also had it's very own pit that was already exceeding to the 80 foot level of this mining operation. Far more gold was also being taken from this section of the mining operation as it was once a very well producing mine for it's time. Further so milling within this time period was rapidly also being increased as the company wanted to improve it's tonnage by increasing if from 2,200 tonnes to 4,200 tonnes, to 4,400 tonnes per a month. This would allow the company to generate more profit from it's historical gold mining operation that was pretty active.
Not a lot of development had taken place in 1916, as the company, and it's miners we're mainly confined to sinking the winze to 100 feet from the second level. Once this had occurred the company would than place more engineering phase to station, and cut the third level at 280 feet below the surface. After this was done the company wouldn't commence any more development within that time period as it was only expanding the internal winze shaft, and it's third mining level.
From 1908 to 1917, the Canadian Exploration Company, and it crew of hardworking miners soon had produce 200,000 tonnes of ore bearing material. In addition the company also had other plans when it now needed a small mining camp to accommodate all of it's hardworking employees. This small size mining camp would also be situated not to from the mine, and Long Lake as it needed to be close by. Unlike most Sudbury mines, the Long Lake Gold Mine was far more interesting as it was a gold discovery and not a nickel-copper discovery zone. No more other production or development would commence by the Canadian Exploration Company as the mine was now becoming abandoned.
Another ownership change soon had occurred when all files became transferred to the Lebel Oro Mines Limited in 1933. Much of this operation was rather operated by the Canadian Exploration Company from 1910 to 1916, when all mining was ceased. By this time period the newly staked claim was considered to have already went through another expansion when the company soon had brought in a small plant. It's very own plant had included two vertical boilers with a total H.P of 65, and a No. 9 Cameron Sinking Pump, which was also taken into the claim on September, 1933. As the year slowly came upon the company it soon had dewatered the working to the mine's 184 foot level. From here the remainder of the water would be fully dewatered between January, and February of 1934. More so this became accomplished because the company had other ideas when it need sampling for assaying results. In addition the company needed these assaying results to warrant further development procedures on the Long Lake Mining Operation.
More changes soon escalated when the Lebel Oro Mines Limited decided to suspend all mining operations on February 1934, due to assay results from old workings. But never to say the company was rather more interested in extracting the rich gold material from the on-site tailings pile from the previous operators. Almost all of this would soon commence new construction phases of a 200 tonne cyanide plant for this procedure. By no time the 200 tonne cyanide milling facility was officially completed by October, 1934 of that same year. Even with mining operations being suspsended the company also had other plans when it was hoping to get production going by the spring month of 1935. Within this same year the company was also scheduling to have it 200 tonne cyanide facility up, and running for production purposes.
Further so the Lebel Oro Mines Ltd had other plans in 1935, when it had started all mining operations back up at the Long Lake Gold Mine Project. Almost all of this procedure would included dewatering the mine working once again as they became flood after being abandoned for six months. Once the underground working became dewatered the company would than move onto a small diamond drilling program that totalled 2,391 feet from underground, and 1,458 feet from surface diamond drilling. No production was also reported to have taken place as the 200 tonne cyanide mill was not up and running at this time. All of this became caused because the milling facility wasn't hook up to the grinding unit in order to crush the ore. Company officials from the Lebel Oro Mine Ltd would also hire a small number of employees that soon totalled 13 men to this small scale mining operation..
The Lebel Oro Mines Ltd was also rather going through some bigger changes in 1936, when the mine was once again in operation. Almost all of this was caused when the mining plantation was officially installed, and in production for the rich gold ore tailings. This whole entire production phase soon had prompted for the development of another two compartment vertical shaft that was sunken to 207 feet below the shaft collar. Much of this whole entire shaft operation would also be connected to the old working on the second level by 25 feet of crosscutting. Even with new development taken place the company also decided to sink it internal shaft from the second level to the fourth level. Much of the main levels that became constructed had already been recondition for safety of it's own workers. As reconditioning continued the second level that was constructed beneath the open pit became extremely reinforced with timber, and the chutes became repaired. All production from the Open Pit was rather officially started by the end of the year when the company's employees had brown 4,500 tonnes of ore that wasn't drawn from the pit yet. With more development taken place the company would also under go a large diamond drilling program that totalled 3,998 feet of core sample. It became evident that 500 feet of the diamond drilling was taken from the surface, while the remainder of the balance was taken from underground. Further so the company now needed more power when it added a 35 H.P and 100 H.P Ruston Hornsby Diesel Engine that became installed with a 550 volt generator. During this time period the company also place major expansions towards it 200 tonne cyanide plant that was rapidly being expanded. Most of this expanding phase would soon install a brand new rock crusher as it was mandatory for this production business. Far more development would shortly escalated once again when the Lebel Oro Mines Ltd want to develop more structures that included a Hoist Compressor house. Power House, Change House, and Bunkhouse. Once this became de3veloped the company would no longer place any more development procedure within 1936.
Soon enough the Lebel Oro Mines Ltd had now face with more serious problems when all mining operations we're not active. Much of this became establish because the company had completed the much need expanding towards it's crushing plant, and it's 200 tonne cyanide plantation. Almost all the production from the Long Lake Gold Mine was taken from the open pit operation as the ore became drawn down the second level chutes. In total production the company was capable of breaking down a total of 28,900 tonnes of ore, and had also hoisted 23,758 tonnes from the shaft operation. Even further development was also completed on the second level when a total of 80 feet of drifting, and 176 feet of raising was completed. As this became accomplished the company would place further exploration procedures as diamond drilling had now commenced, and totalled 2,256 feet of core sample to be assayed. During 1937, the plant had also included a 400 H.P Diesel Engine that was also operating a 325 K V A Generator, and a 100 H.P Diesel Engine that was driven by a 90 K.v.a Generator, and its very own 110 H.P diesel engine, that was driven by a 537 cubic foot compressor, and a Stephens Adamson Electric Hoist.
More development soon had escalated in 1937, when the mine was back in operation after the company had place the 75 tonne cyanide mill, and crushing plant into operating orders. During this time period all mining operations were rather confined to the open pit as all the ore was being drawn off the second level, and into the No. 2 Long Lake Mine Shaft. In addition the Lebel Oro Mines Limited would end up extracting a total of 28,900 tonnes of ore from the open pit in 1937. Even development was becoming escalated on the mines second level when the company's miners had constructed 80 feet of drifting, and 176 feet of raising. Within the second level the company would also conduct more diamond drilling when it had obtained 2,256 feet of core sample from this section of the mining operation. Besides development the plant also had consisted of its own components that included a 400 H.P Diesel Engine, that was driving a 325 K.V.A Generator, and another 100 H.P Diesel Engine that was driving a 90 K.V.A generator. Another 110 H.P Diesel Engine was also installed that had powered a 537 Cubic Foot Compressor, and a Stephens Adamson Electric Hoist system. Production from the mill was strongly considered to have produce significant amounts of ore that totalled 23,678 tonnes of material. Additionally the company's milling and crushing facility had also included the following components in order to operate this structure. Much of this had included its very own 10 by 20 inch Nordberg double action jaw crusher, vibrating screens, a 5 by 7 foot Marcy Ball Mill. an Akins Classifier, 4 Dorr Agitators, 2 Dorr thickeners, and 2 American filters.
Operations at the Long Lake Gold Mine were rather continued in 1938, when the company's two compartment No, 2 shaft was sunken to 207 feet. In addition the company would also station, and cut levels on the mines 80, 180, 265, and 345 foot section. Almost all the workings below the 200 foot level became accessed through the company's winze shaft operation. More so the Lebel Oro Mines Limited would also conduct further lateral development procedures when the 80 foot level of the No. 1 shaft was being connected with the No, 2 shaft by a 68 foot long crosscut section. This development also provided a better means of access to the underground working from the open pit as most of the mill feed was coming from this section. During 1938, a total of 32,850 tonnes of ore was broken down, and hoisted from the No. 2 shaft operation. In total production the milling facility was able to produce significant amount of ore that totalled 34,627 tonnes in 1938. Much of this estimation was reported to have been taken from a daily average of 94.8 tonnes of ore on a daily basis
Within 1938, another surface showing was additionally discovered half a mile from the open pit operation. As this discovery became notice the company was yet again ready to conduct exploration procedures on this new showing. Further so the Lebel Oro Mines, Limited would also establish a total 2,939 feet of core sampling from this location alone. No other development or production had escalated from this mining zone as the mine was pretty active within this time period. From 1933 to 1938, the Long Lake Gold Mine soon had processed another 50,000 tonnes of ore from this mining operation that would total 250,000 from all production