Diamond drilling would continue to take place throughout 1906, when the Canadian Copper Company had extensively explored this area. Even shaft sinking was commenced that year which soon made the No, 1 shaft reach a depth of 300 feet below the shaft collar. This whole entire shaft was rather known to have been developed as a four compartment shaft operation with three of these compartments for hoisting the ore, and another one for the man-way. At the time it was also reported that these four compartments had been concreted to 40 feet below the shaft collar. As expansions continued to take place the Canadian Copper Company, and it's workforce of 100 miners had also started developing the first level on the 80 foot section. In addition this whole level had also became opened up when a crosscut was driven for a length of 40 feet in order to intersect the ore-body. With this development occurring the miners would end up opening the ore-body to a distance of 70 feet, and had it's own width of 50 feet. There was also an old prospect shaft that was originally sunken 100 feet from the new shaft, which a level had officially connected these two shaft operations together. Another level that was constructed at 140 feet had been opened by a crosscut with the same amount of lateral development as the first level. Besides these two levels the company's team of miners would also develop another level at 200 feet that was also opened like the levels mentioned above. As this development had occurred the company would also construct raises from the second to the first level, and from the third to the second level of the Crean Hill Mine Project.
At the time the shaft was additionally sunken to 60 feet below the third level on the mines 200 foot section in 1907. It was strongly reported that this geological formations had the same dip as the production shaft at the time. Almost all of this geological formation had contained masses of visible pentandite than other mining operations within Sudbury, Ontario, Canada. With these formations had came other mineralogy rock structures that included a mixture of Soapstone, and Greenstone. Not to mention that the treatment of this ore was far more different from the other producing mines like the Stobie, and Creighton Mines.
Some more development would also occur on the much needed structures when a rock house, power house, and a new dry, and store house became built. Almost all of these structures had the same design as the historical Creighton Mine Project. The only difference add was place on the power-house that was equipped with one electrically driven hoisting with 3 four, and half foot drums. As all of this development had commence the company would also have it's own spur line built from the mine to the Sault Branch of the Canadian Pacific Railway at Victoria Mines. This whole entire transportation tramway had now allowed the company to haul it's ore to the smelting facility at Copper Cliff.
Further production continued to take place in 1908. when the Canadian Copper Company had produce 300 tonnes of ore per a day. Within this time period the company would continue to sink the No. 1 shaft to greater depths when it was now reaching 400 feet below the shaft collar. At the time it was also opened up by extensive lateral development that was taking place on the 60, 120, 180, 275, and 357 foot levels. Development on the mines first level has cut into the vein by a crosscut, and is was also developed from an open-pit operation. During this time period the pit was reported to have been 100 feet in length, and had it's own width of 60 feet. Some development would also occur on the mines 120 foot level that was opened up by a 90 foot crosscut. Almost all the ore on this level became stoped out significantly when the company completed at total length of 150 feet of stoping, and had also continued with a width of 90 feet. Within this time period the Canadian Copper Company had decided to leave the center deposit pillar that was 40 feet by 25 feet, and became used as a way to support the roof. Another level at 180 feet was also opened up by 90 feet of crosscutting, and the ore within this level was considered to have been stoped out for an area of 60 feet in width, and 150 feet in length. By this time the company would continue to expand this operation when it started stoping procedures on the mines 275 foot level. There was also a small amount of ore that was being mined from the third level with the newly developed fourth level. For the most part this level was first opened up by a crosscut that traveled for a length of 60 feet. The stope section within the fourth level is strongly considered to have measured 75 feet in width by 125 feet in length at the time. Almost all the ore within these level was trammed to the main hoisting shaft within this time period. Some more development would continue to expand the 375 foot level that was opened up by a long crosscut that travelled for a distance of 257 feet to the east. At the time it was also reported that the company had cut a station to setup two diamond drills to test the ore at greater depths.
At about 200 feet the company's team of miners soon had intersected a dike section that cut across from the shaft to the right. At the time it was reported that the company would end up working this section further as it was another area that produce ore for the smelter. As this discovery was made it became very evident that the dike had a thickness of 40 feet, and on each side had consisted of 6 to 12 inches of clayey material. Almost the whole entire dike was known to have cut through the ore-body where it was fairly mineralize within the intersections.
By the following year in 1909, the Canadian Copper Company had not completed any sinking within that time period. Almost all the development procedures within that year had been mainly confined to the first, second, fourth, and fifth levels. With expansions taking place the company decided to adapt a new method of mining when the dry wall, and filling system was introduce. It became determined that a large percentage of the ground that was broken is rock, which was hoisted to the surface before this system was introduce. This whole entire facility had elminated the hoisting procedure when the ore was being had sorted, and the waste rock was used as filling, and building the dry walls. As the mine started to expand the company had driven raises on several levels that became put through to the surface, and the waste rock was let down into the stopes in order to be used to keep the filling up to working distance within the roof section of these stopes.
In addition the first level had its own stope that was known to have been engineered in an open cut, and had a length of 125 feet by 90 feet at the surface. The second level was also extensively developed by stoping when it had a total length of 240 feet by 80 feet. Besides these stopes the third level was reported to had been broken through to fourth level at the time. As stoping continued the fourth level also became very productive when it had it's own stope that measured 180 feet by 140 feet. Production that year would also take place on the fifth level that had a stope section which measured 150 feet by 80 feet. Even preparations had started to become planned when the company wanted to sink the No. 1 shaft to the mines sixth mining level in 1909 At the time this mine had also employed a steady workforce of 400 employees who became hired by the Canadian Copper Company.
1910 - Canadian Copper Company
Generally the method which was used within all levels except for the second level became known as the filling system. Much of this method was commonly described as an open cut to the surface. Generally the waste rock was considered to have acted as a filling, while the ore becomes sorted underground. Development within that time period was mainly focus on expanding the second, fourth, and sixth levels of the Crean Hill Copper Nickel Mine. There was also a small amount of production that was taken from the open pit on the second level during this time period. Much of the fourth level was also stated to have a filling which was 40 feet above this level. The whole entire stope section within this area was stated to have been in the form of an equilateral triangle with each leg totalling 320 feet in length. Other company statements had stated that the fill on the fifth level was situated 24 feet above it. Even more development commenced when the dry wall was started within the sixth level on the south wing of this ore-body. Some more development was also taking place on other parts of the ore-body when the dry wall was just becoming developed at this time.
1911 - Canadian Copper Company
Far more expanding would occur during this time period when the main shaft operation was now reaching the seventh level at 600 feet below the surface. During this time period most of the work was being confined to the fifth and sixth levels of the Crean Hill Mine. Much of the same system of extracting this ore is being done as mentioned in the previous years of operation. Generally the whole entire filling method is being done by waste rock which is sorted from the good ore on the surface, and underground levels. In order to complete this phase the company had constructed raise which became put through the levels of this mining operation. Work at the time was being performed in three 8 hours shifts on a daily basis with a workforce of 150 miners.
1912 - Canadian Copper Company
Development and production during this time period was mainly being confined to fifth, sixth, and seventh levels. Stoping within all three of these levels was being done by the fill system which takes the sorted rock from the waste pile. Ore at the time was also being sorted within the stope sections, and in the rock house Other statements had stated that the whole entire ore-body on the seventh level became opened up by 120 feet, and had the same width as the other levels. Even further development commenced when a sublevel became establish between the sixth and seventh level of the Crean Hill Mine. Much of the broken ore within this level is considered to be trammed through a chute to the seventh level.
1913 - Canadian Copper Company
The main shaft at the Crean Hill Mine was eventually expanded to even further depths when the eighth level became construct at 698 feet. Other major development would also occur when a winze shaft was reported to have been collar from the eighth level to the ninth level at a distance of 112 feet. Once this development becomes officially completed it will than be opened up by a drift that will expand directly under the shaft. More so this development procedure will than raise the shaft from the ninth to the eighth level. This whole entire development phase resulted in opening up an ore-body on the eighth level where a large stope was started. Work was also confined to other parts of the mine when ore was taken from the fifth and sixth level of this copper-nickel project. Older stope sections on the sixth level also became reopened as they were being significantly enlarge to provide more production from this area. Other company statements had stated that the filling on the fifth level was rather being looked over, and a new system of mining was about to be establish below the seventh level.
1914 - Canadian Copper Company
More so the company's three compartment shaft operation was officially reaching a depth of 698 feet below the surface. Much of the whole entire inclination of this shaft was known to be drive at a 57 degree angle down to
the sixth level, and 71 degrees below this point. Almost all production at the time was suspended prior to raising being completed from the ninth level to connect with the eighth level. Ventilation within this time period was being done by the means of a fan that was installed on the fifth mine level. Other statements stated that this fan was connected to a 20 inch galvanized iron pipe which was discharged into the skip-way above the fourth level. The pipe is than known to lead down to the ninth level workings via the winze that was collared on the mines eighth level. For the most part stoping procedures were mainly being done above the seventh and eighth levels of the Crean Hill Mine. There was also a small tonnage which became reported to have been taken from the old fifth, and sixth level stopes. From all development the company was able to make a pretty big shipment of ore that soon ended up totalling 58,689 tonnes of ore from the Crean Hill Mine.
1915 - Canadian Copper Company
Mining operations at the Crean Hill Mine had shortly resumed after being closed from August 1914 to February, 1915. A huge amount of ore was also reported to have been taken out of the Crean Hill Mine site during this time period of operating. From all development the company was once again able to ship a total of 101,550 tonnes of ore. Almost all production during this time period was reported to have came from the side of the pit on the 5th and 7th level floors. Some more production that year was reported to have also been removed from the eighth level stope section
Far more shaft sinking also occurred when the company had officially sunken the three compartment shaft to 915 feet below the surface. Even more expansion started to occur when the company had additionally started to develop this shaft to have four compartments to the sixth level, and three below that point. This also resulted in the establishment of the ninth level that became opened up at 900 feet below the surface. Other development during that time had constructed a new transformer house.
1916 - Canadian Copper Company
A huge amount of ore was reported to have been shipped during this time period of operating which totalled 174,995 tonnes. For the most part this production was stated to have been taken from the extension of the original open pit operation, above the second level, and from fourth, fifth, and sixth level stopes. There was no stoping procedures which became done below the sixth level at this time of operating the mine. Even far more changes became completed when the company change the shaft into four compartments from the sixth to the ninth level.
Some more upgrade also occurred when an addition to the company's power house was built which resulted in the installation of third compressor of 2,500 cubic feet capacity. Some minor construction would also occur during this time period when the company built and equipped a small machine shop. Employment during this time period was also reported to have been significantly high when the company employed 500 employees.
1917 - Canadian Copper Company
It was during 1917, when the company produce a huge amount of ore that totalled 133,907 tonnes. All production during that time period was stated to have been taken from the fifth and second levels. No additional information was reported by this company during 1917.
1918 - Canadian Copper Company
Mining operations at the Crean Hill Mine were reported to have operated continuously in 1918. It was only on January, 1919, when the historical Crean Hill Mine had came to its own closure. Before this had happened there was another large tonnage of taken from above the sixth level that totalled 125,036 tonnes. A small amount of ore was strongly reported to have also been shipped in 1919, which totalled 3,613 tonnes. Ore reserves within the mine were stated to have estimated 3.028,000 tonnes of copper-nickel ore to be mined. It was also by December, 1919, when the Crean Hill property was reported to have been transferred to the International Nickel Company (INCO).
1920 - Joseph Morin, and J. McFadden
Another ore-body that was located to the northeast of the Crean Hill Mine was known as the Morin Prospect owned by Joseph Morin, and J. McFadden of Sudbury in 1920. This resulted in extensive diamond drilling that was done on north half of lot. 5, within concession V, of Denison Township.
1937-1938 International Nickel Company of Canada, Limited
Some more surface explorations would continue in 1937, when INCO had completed a diamond drilling program without discovering any additional reserves.
1951- 1957 International Nickel Company of Canada, Limited.
It was during this time period when the company was officially dewatering the main four compartment shaft in order to explore it further. More so the company would raise additional funding for this project which would take till the end of 1954 to complete. Statements in 1955, had stated that the explorations done on this mine could eventually be put to production in opening a new area of interest. This development procedure resulted in the sinking of a new shaft known as the No. 2 shaft operation. It was rather stated that the No. 2 shaft was officially sunken to a depth of 1,242 feet below the collar. With new development taking place the company had also opened up a new level which was establish at 750 feet below the surface. Other company predictions had stated that this newly developed mining operation will be ready to operate within three years. Company statements had also stated that further progress was made in bring the new mine at Crean Hill into production in 1956. Development during this time period was confined to sinking the No. 2 shaft to a depth of 2,115 feet below the shaft collar. Almost all the work in 1957, was aimed a preparing the historical Crean Hill Mine for production during this time period of reopening this mining operation.
1958 - International Nickel Company of Canada, Limited
A small amount of lateral development was reported to have taken place during this time period of operating. It was at this time when the mine became closed for the time being prior to making arrangements. Development within this time period had included extending the working by 762 feet of drifting and 858 feet of raising. Diamond drilling within this time period had consisted of 40 underground holes, totalling 9,855 feet in length.
1959 - International Nickel Company of Canada, Limited
All mining operations at the Crean Hill Mine had officially commenced in August, and operated till December, 31, 1959. It was rather at this time when the mine was once again further expanded by 3,026 feet of drifting and crosscutting that took place. Even a small amount of raising was during this time period which had end up totalling 1,236 feet. The whole entire Crean Hill Mine workings were rather reported to have a total lateral development footage of 37,924 feet of crosscutting and drifting, and 7,631 feet of raising. Diamond drilling within this time period had consisted of 106 underground holes totalling 31,932 feet in length. Other development work was mainly focus on constructing a crushing plant, bins, and conveyor system within the Open Pit operation. This also resulted in the construction of a feeder building, and conveyor gallery on the surface. A small amount of waste rock that totalled 11,135 tonnes was hoisted, and also used as yard fill.
1960 - International Nickel Company of Canada, Limited
All development in 1960, had consisted of 8,913 feet of drifting, and crosscutting, and 3,822 feet of raising. Further explorations within this time period had consisted of 175 underground diamond drill holes, totalling 99,273 feet in length, and 14 surface holes, totalling 3,297 feet. Construction had also continued to develop the much needed crushing plant, bins, and conveyor in the open pit. Additional construction was also taking place on the feeder building, and conveyor gallery on the surface at the time. Other building which became completed within 1960, had included crusher house, conveyor gallery, concrete storage bin, conveyor housing on top of the bin, a conveyor tunnel, and water tank. Some more equipment was also added to this mine which included 2 locomotives, 5 batteries, 1 boiler, 30 mine cars, 2 Canadian Ingersoll Rand hoists, and 1 welder. For the most part it was stated that almost all the work within 1960 had been contracted in which 123 employees became hired to work this project.
Ellen Pit 1960
Another portion of the Crean Hill Pit, was strongly known as the Ellen Pit that was rather place under construction at the time. The much needed equipment that became added to the Ellen Pit had included a 1,500 K.V.A transformer, and a hoist. This was also followed by the completion of crusher plant, and bin, conveyor house at the head end, a conveyor which was not housed, and a garage.
1961 - International Nickel Company of Canada, Limited
Mining operations at the Crean Hill Mine had continued to operate from January, 1 to March, 1961, when the mine became closed. During this ceasation the company had kept the underground workings dewatered while providing the much need service for the Ellen Pit. Before the mine came to its closure it was reported that the company had completed 1,688 feet of drifting, and crosscutting, and 1,040 feet of raising. As the mine ceased operation the company had reported a total lateral development foot age of 48,525 feet of drifting and crosscutting, and 12,554 feet of raising. Diamond drilling within 1961, had consisted of 43 underground holes totalling 24,055 feet in length. There was also new equipment added that had consisted of 1 battery, 1 mine fresh air heating, and heat recuperation system, 1 pump, 6 air winches, and 10 hoists.
The Ellen Pit is commonly known as an extension to the Crean Hill Nickel Deposit that's located 2 miles east of the Crean Hill Mine. It was rather stated that the Ellen Pit had commenced ore production at 1,500 tonnes on a daily rate. Much of the ore that came from the Ellen Pit was reported to have been trucked to a primary crushing facility which was located on the surface of the Crean Hill Mine. Once the ore became crushed it was than shipped by railway to the Copper Cliff Concentrator. For the most part churn-drilling for ore production was reported to have consisted of 227 holes, totalling 13,164 feet. In all production the Ellen Pit was stated to have product significant amount of ore that totalled 312,485 tonnes which was mined, and treated. Employment within the Ellen Pit was stated to have consisted of 59 employees who became hired in 1961.
1962 - International Nickel Company of Canada, Limited
A small amount of development work was reported to have resumed at the Crean Hill Mine from January, 1 to May, 31, 1962. The mine at this time was stated to have been kept dewatered, and the main plant was being maintained in order to service mining and production operations at the Ellen Pit. Development within 1962 had consisted of 79 feet of drifting, and crosscutting. Even a small amount of diamond drilling would also commence when 9 underground holes, totalling 9,800 feet became completed. Some more equipment also became added during that time period which consisted of 10 stoper drills, 1 battery, and 3 storage batteries.
Further work was also continued at the Ellen Pit that was officially place into production in 1961, at a daily rate of 1,500 tonnes of ore. All production was mainly being achieved by churn-drilling that consisted of 113 holes, totalling 3,301 feet. Production from the historical Ellen Pit was reported to have shipped a total of 78,998 tonnes of ore during that time period. Other company statements had stated that the open pit operation had operated from January, 1 to April, 30,1962. No other development or production had occurred on the property in 1963, when all mining operations became suspended for the time being.
1964 - International Nickel Company of Canada, Limited
All mining operations were reported to have officially resumed at the Crean Hill Mine on April 1, after a temporary closure. More so the company had additionally re-serviced the five compartment No. 2 shaft to a depth of 2,115 feet below the shaft collar. Some more changes would also escalate when the company had abandoned the No. 1 shaft for hoisting procedures in 1964. With the mine re-opened the company's workforce continued to extended the working by 1,870 feet of drifting, and crosscutting, and 264 feet of raising. Further explorations would also resume when diamond drilling consisted of six underground holes, totalling 603 feet, and four surface holes, totalling 257 feet. As development and production continued the mine was known for hoisting a total of 359,564 tonnes of ore. Shipments within 1964 had resulted in a total of 403,321 tonnes of ore that became shipped at 2,117 tonnes of ore per a working day. Even more equipment became added to this production when 32 rock drills of two different brands, 1 air drill, 1 band saw, and 2 blast hole chargers became added. Even the employment rate at this mine was stated to have consisted of 213 workers who became employed during this time of re-opening the mine.
A small limited amount of work was also resumed at the Ellen Pit by contract which was granted to Pioneer Construction. Most of this development work was stated to have commence from December, 7 to December, 32, 1964. Production from the Ellen pit resulted in the hoisting of 11,940 tonnes of ore which was shipped to the smelter at an average of 663 tonnes daily. For the most part all mining operations were being under the direction of R.H. Brown, who was also the superintendent of the Crean Hill Mine.
1965 - International Nickel Company of Canada, Limited.
Mining operations were rather reported to have continued at a normal scale during 1965, at the Crean Hill Mine Site. Almost all development within 1965, had consisted of 1,468 feet of drifting and crosscutting, and 550 feet of raising that was done. In total lateral development the mine had now comprised of 51,942 feet of drifting, and crosscutting, and 13,368 feet of raising. A huge amount of production was also rather taken from the mine when a total of 776,590 tonnes of ore was hoisted from the underground workings. This whole entire production resulted in the shipment of 782,078 tonnes of ore that were shipped at an average of 3,020 tons per a working day. For the most part diamond drilling was also continued when 16 underground holes became driven that totalled 2,736 feet in length.
A small amount of mining operations were reported to have also continued at the Ellen Pit from January 1, to December, 31, 1965. Development and production at the time was also being achieved under contract agreement between the International Nickel Company of Canada, Limited. and Pioneer Construction. From all development the Ellen Pit was stated to have produce 323,264 tonnes of ore which was shipped to the Crean Hill Rock-house at an average 1,111 tons daily.
1966 - International Nickel Company of Canada, Limited
Production within the Crean Hill Mine Site was reported to have been taken from the vertical five compartment No. 2 shaft operation.. The shaft within 1966 had rather stayed at the same depth of 2,115 feet as in previous years of operating the mine. Development within that time period was mainly aimed a production and extending the workings by 3,404 feet of drifting, and crosscutting, and 1,411 feet of raising. Even more diamond drilling was done that consisted of 48 underground holes, totalling 16,473 feet, and 13 surface holes, totalling 2,929 feet in length. Company officials during this time period had also added more equipment to this operation that included 5 batteries, 5 stoper drills, 10 mine cars, 4 slusher hoists, 1 ore loader, 2 locomotives, 1 pump, 2 scrapers, 3 rectifiers, and 1 car dumper. Production from the mine was reported to have totalled 692,154 tonnes of ore that became hoisted in 1966. This also resulted in far more shipments when 693,157 tonnes of ore became shipped at an average of 3,067 tons per working day. A total of 28 days were reported to have been lost within this time period due to strike action. Even a significant amount of worker became employed during 1966, which had totalled a workforce of 296 employees.
There was also a heavy amount of production that was taken from the Ellen Pit during 1966, which had totalled 213,836 tons of ore. All extractions of the rich ore were reported to have been done under contract basis with Pioneer Construction. Mining operations at the Ellen Pit had continued from January, 1 to November, 7 1966.
1967 - International Nickel Company of Canada, Limited
Development and production were mainly continued from the No. 2 shaft operation during this time period of operating. There was rather significant amount of development which became accomplished during that time period of operating, All development work within the Crean Hill Mine had consisted of 6,006 feet of drifting and crosscutting, and 1,717 feet of raising. Diamond drilling had also occurred when 56 holes became drilled from underground and had totalled 28,726 feet in length. From all mining operations the company was able to produce significant amount of ore that ended up totalling 970,808 tonnes of ore. It was also within this time period when 1,291,807 tonnes became shipped, which also included 320,999 tonnes from the surface stockpile. Production was rather reported to have been taken from a daily production rate of 5,815 tons of per a working day. Some more development had also taken place when a storage building became constructed. Much of the whole entire mining operation also increased in working when the company employed 316 employees.
1968 - International Nickel Company of Canada, Limited
A huge amount of expanding had occurred during the time period of operating the Crean Hill Mine Site. Preparations were rather reported to have been made to sink the vertical five compartment No. 2 shaft operation to 4,250 feet. This development phase resulted in a contract which became awarded to MacIssac Exploration, Limited. As the year slowly came to an end the No. 2 shaft was sunk to an additional 8 feet in order to reach a depth of 2,123 below the shaft collar. There was also a large amount of development which became completed during that time period of operating. For the most part this development work had consisted of 7,457 feet of drifting and crosscutting, and 2,844 feet of raising. Diamond drilling within 1968, had consisted of 123 underground holes, totalling 42,184 feet, and 7 surface holes, totalling 1,734 feet in length. Other major construction was aimed at developing a prefabricated storage building, a prefabricated shop building extension, and a prefabricated fresh air heater house. With the mine continuing to operate this company was able to produce 918,586 tonnes of ore that became hoisted. Ore shipments within 1968 had resulted in 951,525 tonnes of ore which also included 32,939 tons from the surface stockpile. All shipments from the mine were reported to have been achieved on a daily production rate of 3,632 tonnes of ore per a day.
The Crean Hill Pit was rather operated under contract basis by Carman Construction, Limited. Operations were commenced from January, 1 to December, 31, 1968. Production from the Crean Hill Pit had resulted in the shipment of 373,355 tons of ore that were trucked daily at an average of 1,432 tons.
Another major discovery zone that was commonly discovered within the Crean Hill Mining operation was known as the Ellen Pitt. All of this mining zone had gotten historically famous as it was first uncovered by Rinaldo McConnel in 1886. Nevertheless mining operations within the Ellen Pitt were not considered to have started till about the early 1900's. As production on the Crean hill mine commenced, the Ellen Pitt also became apart of this whole development phase. Most of all the geological work that took places on the Ellen Pitt included some stripping, trenching, and the establishment of an open pit operation. All of this historical work became completed by 1915, by the Canadian Copper Company who eventually put the crean hill mine into further production. Later in history the Crean Hill Ellen Mine was soon acquired by another mining giant known as the International Nickel Company in 1950. After ten years of laying abandoned the Crean Hill Mining project was officially back in production as INCO had started to perform all the required procedures by 1960.These procedures would eventually included brining new mining equipment and putting new development phases towards this Sudbury Mining operation. Ore production from the Ellen Pitt had continue till about 1962, when all production became suspended on April 30th 1962. In general this massive mining project was considered to have a massive milling compacity of 1,500 tons of ore per a day till is closure. The closing procedure of the INCO mill would end up processing 78,998 tons of ore that came from this mining zone. Another re-opening of the Ellen Crean Hill Pitt had started to take place in 1964, when INCO was strongly ready to once again dewater all of its mine development to further extract the rich resources which still hid in this very location. However most of all the work was contracted by another company who became known as Pioneer Construction Company Ltd. The mined ore that came from the Ellen Pitt had also been processed at the newly designed mill that had its own rate of 1,000 tons of ore on a daily basis.
Company Officials had soon eliminated underground mining as it was replace with open pit mining. While construction was taking place the Crean Hill Mine didn't re-open till 1973. With steady production rates this mine commonly produced more then4,500 tonnes of ore per day. The ore was mainly shipped by the CPR rail-carts. Ore production continue till this mine came to another closure in 1978, but re-open by October 1986. As INCO became even more wealthier in the Sudbury, Ontario area, they soon put $25 million dollars towards making this mine all electrical. They even provided some renovation money to their own Copper Refinery tank house. By the following may INCO had once again re-open it's all electrical Crean Hill Mine. From 1986 to 1999, Crean Hill Mine was commonly known as a steady producer till the company had no choice but to shut down. This decision was made due to ore resources being extremely low in profit. By 2000 INCO had sold its own name to Vale, who has work this mine from 2001 to 2013. But now with no more ore resource this company is still fighting to keep Crean Hill alive. As it stands this mine is currently on stand by, and exploring for more ore resources. Many abandon place websites make me sick due to the false information they provide. The reason why I say that is because this mine is not abandon what so ever. I manage to get a few shots of the mine even if when it was being close down.