More so the Claim later became known as the No. 4 and 5 Mine operations that we're formed from the Clara Bella Claim Groups in 1902. Further development by the Canadian Copper Company had now escalated as the No, 4 Mine was exploding in production. During 1901, the company and its officially had additionally developed to open pit further by expanding this operation to a length of 300 feet by 50 feet wide, and 40 feet deep. As development continued it was soon noted that the Canadian Copper Company also started engineering a shaft at the bottom of this pit. In 1901, the shaft at the time was only considered to have been driven for a distance of 60 feet below ground levels. Most of this was said to have been open up by a drift and head straight towards an up raise that was being developed to connect with the open pit. This whole phase was rather considered as a smart move that had extracted the ore from the mine in a faster pace. As this development became completed the company was more so now replacing its old Hoisting system with this newly developed method that includes hoisting by an engine for a distance of 20 feet from the upper to the lower workings. This newly developed procedure will included the use of a skip that will hoist the loaded ore to the surface.
The No. 5 Mine workings are rather considered to be situated 800 feet south-east of the No. 4 Mine that's also apart of the Clara Bella Claim Group. Unlike the No. 4 Mine, the No. 5 mining operation was rather smaller in size, and had measured to be 20 by 25 feet, which was establish at a depth of 20 feet. More so the Canadian Copper Company had sunk this pit in relations to the same ore- body it was following from the No, 4 Mine Site. However this ore-body was believed to be more lower in grade as the No. 4 Min Project. All hoisting procedures during this time period had included the use of a Derrick and a bucket that was connected with the engine and boiler within the power house. Nothing else that was encouraging had taken place during this time period as the mine was pretty much opening up for production. By the following year in 1902, the No. 4 and 5 Mines became completely shut down by the Canadian Copper Company.