By 1890. the prospector was once again on the move when an opening was cut on the surface of the hill that traveled for a distance of 200 feet as it followed a nickel vein ore-body, varying from 8 to 20 feet in width. At the time it was reported that this open-cut had been constructed to a depth of 20 feet and carry on the whole distance. There was also a crosscut that was 15 feet long that had became developed on the crown of the hill to test the extension of the ore-body. It was also reported that this exploratory crosscut had cut into the ore-body for a full length as it became explored further. Some more development work would also continue in 1890, when a shaft was being sunken to a depth of 15 feet on a ravine that was located 200 feet at the east end of the main workings. All the work that was done that year had hoisted a total of 3,000 tonnes of ore that graded 7 or 8% Nickel.
As more discoveries became uncovered the prospector would additionally incorporate his own company that became recognized as the Drury Nickel Company. Almost all development procedures that year had been achieved by a steam drill. Further so this company had other plans on the go when it wanted to extensively develop this prospect in order to determine its value. This will also determine if the Drury Nickel Company would commence more development on its very own Smelter Plant. With mining operations continuing to expand in size the company had also developed a good road from Worthington station into this claim. It was rather much need as the company wanted to provide an easier way to bring in its own equipment. In addition the company also wanted to make things easier for grading procedures of the future tramway. Company officials would also not need to bring in its own water source as a stream had pass through this claimed area. Much of the water source was needed in order to provide water to the smelting, and mining operations.
By 1892, the company was once again extending the open-cut as it was now expanded to 300 feet and had shown fine ore on the surface which had a width of 14 to 15 feet, and contained a diorite foot wall, In general being it was reported that the ore deposit had increased by an additional 20 feet in width but was mingled with rock that represented half good ore. At about 300 feet from the main workings the Drury Nickel Company also opened up a new pit that showed excellent ore. Much of the work within that time period was commenced by four drills in which two were Ingersoll, and the other two were Rand. Almost all the ore within this time period was being hoisted to the rock house by two skips which were drawn by two friction drums that were operated by a 60 H.P engine. Once the ore reaches the rock house it than goes through a crushing phases before being screened, and dropped into chutes in which two ton cars haul the ore on a trestle tramway to the roast beds for roasting. Mining operations at this time became suspended due to financial issues that the company was struggling with.
After being suspended for nearly a year the company was once again re-opening the mine for further developments. At the time it was reported that the Drury Nickel Company had a good quantity of ore at hand and some was also stock piled. This had allowed the company to continue more smelting procedures by roasting the ore in beds of heap. In addition the company also reported in 1893, that the mine site had contained significant amount of ore that could be mine for years to come. Nothing else had occurred that year when company officials had re-opened their mining operation. After more issues had rise the company would once again suspend mining operations throughout 1894. At the time it was rather reported that this mining operation was renamed into the Travers Mine Project. Mining operations at the Travers Mine was reported to have officially closed down by the year of 1885.