In 1928, the company was well off with this operation when the shaft was now reaching it's own depth of 250 feet below ground levels. In addition to this it had opened new levels that became cut, and stationed on the mines 160, and 235 foot levels. The first level at 160 feet was opened up during this year as it consisted of 25 feet of crosscutting that was being done to intersect the vein. Another level known as the second level was rather extensively developed within 1928, when it soon had totalled 54 feet of crosscutting, 760 feet of drifting, and 340 feet of raising as some stoping was started. As this had commenced it soon opened up a long orebody that traveled for a distance of 700 to 800 feet, and was considered to be 5 to 6 feet wide with fair grade assaying.
Within these optioning rights the Collins Babson Syndicated had stated that a new company must be formed within two years of operating on this claim. They also insisted that the company would need to completed a certain amount of underground work from the time period of staking this claim. With these rolls in place, the company had no choice but to follow with this agreement as it soon incorporated the Lake Geneva Mining Company in the summer of 1928. Within this year the company had also completed the set out terms within the optioning agreement, and had also stated that the property will be controlled by a new company.
Even more construction soon had taken place in 1928, when the Tewagmac Exploration Company, Limited had constructed the much needed buildings. These structures soon had included the blacksmith shop, the temporary headframe, a power, and hoist house, carpenter shop, dry house, power magazine, thaw house, fuse, and capp-house, cook house with sleeping corridors, two smaller bunkhouses, and it's own office.
The power house within 1928 had mainly consisted of an enclosed 600 cubic foot displacement Ingersoll Rand Compressor, that was connected to 110 H,P Diesel Power Engine, which also had driven a 110 Volt D.C Generator for lighting purposes. There was also a hoist that was installed in the power house that was 7 by 6 inches, and was known to be an Ingersoll Rand Air type. Another building known as the Blacksmith Shop was once equipped with an Ingersoll Rand No. 34 Drill Sharpener, oil furnace, hand forger, and it's own hand operated drill press.
Within 1929, the Geneva Lake Mining Company, Limited was officially formed to take over the mining operation under the optioning agreement set out by Collins Babson Syndicate. Almost all underground mining operations became suspended by the fall of 1929. In addition it was reported that the optioning agreement had ordered the company to construct 250 feet of shaft sinking, 600 feet of drifting, and crosscutting, 500 feet of raising, and the construction of a 50 tonne milling facility. Within this time period the company additionally had completed 250 feet of shaft sinking, 802 feet of drifting, and crosscutting, and 456 feet of raising. Most of the work within this time period was only confined to the 235 foot level, besides a small amount of development also taking place on the 160 foot level. Company officials from the Geneva Lake Mining Company, Limited also stated that most of the ore that was blocked out by drifts, and crosscuts was figured at 73,700 tonnes. This also has it's own assay that contains an average of 44 cents in gold, 2.33 ounces of silver, 4.24 per cent lead, and 11.30% zinc. Besides estimating a huge amount of ore the company also had purchased the need additions to the milling facility that was about to have a production rate of 100 tonnes per a day. Most of this was done because the company needed to fulfill the remaining order on the option agreement.
By 1930, the company, and the Collins Babson Syndicate had suspended mining operations as the market price was significantly down. It was also reported that much of the work at this time period was being focus on bring in the required parts for the milling facility, and plant. Nothing else had happened during this time period of suspending all mining operations at the former Geneva Lake Mine Site.
By the following year in 1931, the Geneva Lake Mining Company, Limited had completed the construction of the 100 tonne milling facility. With this order completed the company had now succeeded all the required tasks from the previous owners known as Collins Babson Syndicate. As development of the milling facility became completed the company would not operate the mining operation nor the mill at this time period. Most of this was done because the two companies were waiting for a better market price to rise again.
Mining operations at the Geneva Lake Mine became suspended from 1930 to 1937, when the company had resumed development again on March. In total development the mining operation had consisted of 714 feet of drifting, 68 feet of crosscutting, 328 feet of raising, and 47 feet of sublevel drifting. As mining continued to take place the company would further expand this project when the No. 1 shaft was now reaching 400 feet by the end of 1937. With the shaft expanding deeper the company also place mandatory development procedures when a new level was cut, and stationed on the mines 375 foot level. Further into development the company also place new stoping procedures that we're being slashed at the back of the 275 foot level. Almost all mining operations we're once again suspended when a bad fire had destroyed the company's power plant on September. 27, 1937. More so the company had additionally rehabilitated the plant as mining operations we're closed till the end of November, when the Zinc, and Lead markets had increase in price.
The newly rehabilitated plant was now known to have consisted of a 240 H.P Fairbanks Moorse Diesel Engine, that was driving a 200 K.V.A Generator, a Canadian Ingersoll Rand 140 H.P SKF Diesel Engine, which was driving a 124 K.V.A Generator, a 600 cubic foot oil engine, and an Ingersoll Rand Double Drum Hoist, With this newly upgraded power plant running, the company was able to also operate it's 100 tonne concentrator by July, 27, 1937. Before the power plant was destroyed the milling facility was known to have processed a total of 1,287 tonnes of ore that year. The whole entire milling facility had included a 12 by 20 inch Jaw Crusher, a 2 foot Symons Crusher, a Niagara Screen, a 6 by 4 foot Ball Mill, drag classifier, two 6 cell, and one 2 cell General Engineering Company Flotation Unit.
All mining operations at the Geneva Lake Mine became once again suspended from 1937 to 1941, when the company was back at this operation. Most of this re-opening had occurred on August, 1941, and mining operations had continued till the end of that year. Within this time period the company had place mandatory construction phase when new buildings that included a bunkhouse, dry house, and extension to the concentrator became completed. Some more development also had taken place from underground when the company constructed 650 feet of drifting, 118 feet of crosscutting, and 373 feet of raising on the 275 foot level. The milling facility was also brought back into production during 1941 as the company was rather testing thing out. In addition it would also place upgrades on the mill when a 18 foot thickener, wood stave tank for the thickner, a 4 foot Dorr Duplex Classifier, and an S Denver No. 15 Flotation Cell was installed. With the mill up, and running, the company also place new upgrades on the Power Plant when an Atlas Polar 2 Cycle, 2 cylinder, 125 B.H.P Diesel Engine, belt connected to a Westinghouse 100 K.V.A , 60 cycle, 550 volt, three phase, electrical generator was installed.
Most of the work during this time period was mainly confined to the 275, and the newly developed 315, and No. 204 Sublevel. It was within this time period when the company had now cut another level that was being developed on the 315 foot section. With this development taking place the company also had driven a raise on the 275 foot level while constructing the No. 204 Sublevel at 143 feet below the collar of the shaft. The No. 204 Sublevel was now being further opened up when 143 feet of drifting, 31 feet of crosscutting, and 59 feet of raising was completed. Almost all development on the 315 foot level became constructed by 240 feet of drifting, 20 feet of crosscutting, and 133 feet of raising was done. Some more development also started to expand the 275 foot level when it now totalled 656 feet of drifting, 118 feet of crosscutting, and 644 feet of raising. With mining operations expanding the company was also conducting more diamond drilling when 7 surface holes, totalling 3,581 feet became drilled, and another 22 underground holes totalling 1,609 feet became completed. As the mine continued to expanded the company now had hoisted a total of 40, 969 tonnes of ore as the concentrator had treated 34,422 tonnes of ore that year. This on-site concentrator was able to produce between 15 to 20 tonnes of concentrates on a daily basis. Besides milling the ore it was also found that the company made an extension to the on-site power house as it needed an area to store it's oil for the diesel plant.
In 1943, the 375 foot level was rather being expanded when the company had sunken a winze shaft to a depth of 375 feet on the incline, as it was now reaching a total footage of 638 feet from the surface. This had additionally constructed new levels that became cut on the mines 525, and 615 foot level. Most of the work during 1943, was mainly confined to the 235, 315, 375, and the newly developed levels at 525, and 615 feet. With development taking place the company was able to expand the 235 foot level when it now totalled 656 feet of drifting, 118 feet of crosscutting, and 691 feet of raising. Another level that's found on the mines 315 foot section was also expanding significantly as it now totalled 290 feet of drifting, 37 feet of crosscutting, and 133 feet of raising. Some more expansions had also taken place on the 375 foot level when it was now expanded by 103 feet of drifting, 47 feet of crosscutting, and 189 feet of raising. Even further development was taking place on the 525 foot level as it was opened up by 293 feet of drifting, and 82 feet of crosscutting. The last level which was constructed on the 615 foot level became opened up by 24 feet of crosscutting. Company officials would also hoist a serious amount of ore that totalled 32,330 tonnes, as the mill soon had treated 28,357 tonnes of ore that year.
With mining operations continuing to expand this property, the Geneva Lake Mining Company, Limited had also place further diamond drilling on this claim. In addition the company would put down 3 surface holes, totalling 2,059 feet, while also conducting drilling on 9 underground holes, totalling 693 feet. Most of the silver, and gold values within this mining operation we're rather reported to have been discovered on the 250 foot level. Milling within that time period was known to have an assay average of 3.34% Lead, and 9.21% Zinc that produce 3,006 tonnes of lead concentrate that graded 63.3% lead, 0.08 ounces of gold, and 22 ounces of silver per a tonne. Production from the on-site mill had also treated 11,796 tonnes of Zinc Concentrate. The mine was rather experiencing it's own down fall when base metal requirements had fell as the war's had ended, and the Geneva Lake's contract had lapsed. Without being able to find a contract the mine, and mill was officially closed, and the main plant was sold for salvage.
At the time it was reported the Geneva Lake Mine had held the property in 1949, as they soon commenced dewatering of the shaft, and soon had examined the underground workings. With this taking place the company had soon drilled a total of 17 surface diamond drill holes for a total of 12,100 feet. After completing the exploration in 1952, the Geneva Lake Mines had reported that the mine still contained a reserve of 114,00 tonnes averaging 10% zinc, and 3% Lead across an average width of 5.3 feet plus 24,000 more tonnes that average a combined metal content of 8% across 4 feet. Plus the company would also indicate a reserve of 32,000 tonnes averaging 6% combined metals content over 3 feet
The Geneva Lake Mine continued to operate throughout 1944, when further development had expanded the mining operation. Almost all development within this time period was focus on extending the 525 foot level that now was opened up by 381 feet of drifting, and 82 feet of crosscutting. Another level that was located on the mines 615 foot level had also been further developed by 151 feet of drifting, 75 feet of crosscutting, and 15 feet of raising. Dimaond drilling had also continued to take place when the company had drive 3 surface holes, totalling 3,000 feet, and 1 hole totalling 47 feet from underground. There was also a small amount of ore hoisted within 1944, and had totalled 11,499 tonnes of ore. Production from the on-site mill had also treated a total of 10,031 tonnes of ore that year.