Much of the gold on this property was discovered by an unknown prospector who lease this property to the Gordon Syndicate. The property was later acquired by Minto Gold Mines, Limited, who had held eight claims in Tyrrell Township, Ontario, Canada. It was rather stated that this gold prospect location was situated a mile an a half from the Tyronite Gold Mine. After further exploring this property in 1939, it was also stated that a good gold showing was found within an outcropping.
The main deposit within this area was reported to have been exposed for a distance of 60 feet within a small outcorp. This outcrop was also interbedded with rhyolite, vocanic breccia, and tuff. Other reports from a geologist by the name of Graham had stated that the width of the mineralization is approximately 20 feet. All the rock which was formed in center of the deposit had also been brecciated minutely, that might of been cause due to the possible intrusion of the nearby porphyry dyke. For the most part these are associated by quartz, carbonates, and pyrites which fill the openings, and also partially replace the crushed rock. Several channel samples which were taken across this deposit had also indicated $3.00 per a ton at a price of 21.51 per ounce in 1931.
1940 - Minto Gold Mines, Limited
Mining operations soon had commenced in 1940, when Minto Gold Mines, Limited had connected a power line to the mine site, along with the construction of camps, and a power plant. Prior to this, the company then had sank a shaft to a depth of 20 feet before mining operations became suspended at this mine, and the Minto Gold Mine in Wawa, Ontario, Canada in June, 1940. Before mining operations were ceased it was rather stated that a Rhyolite plug was outlined for a distance of 60 feet across, which was also associated with irregular areas containing patches of pebbles was outlined. Assaying of the Rhyolite plug had also indicated 0.21 ounces of gold per a tonne, and 70,000 tonnes of ore was indicated.
1971 - Dalhousie Oil Company, Limited
The Claims were later acquired by Dalhousie Oil Company, Limited. who had held four claims that consisted of GG. 5840, GG. 5841, GG. 5909, and GG.5910 in north-central Tyrrell Township. These claims groups were rather reported to have been the held under option by Gordon Syndicate, before it was acquired by Minto Gold Mines, Limited in 1938.