The whole entire Martin Bird Gold Mine claim was situated on 14 claims, in the township of hearst, within the district of Timiskaming, Ontario, Canada. It was rather reported that the Martin Bird Syndicate was owned by S.J Bird. By 1935, the whole entire mining zone was once again transforming when new structures became added. All of this development had included a log cabin, two bunk houses, cook house, office, compressor, and hoist house, and head-frame. Almost all mining operations became resumed within that year, and continued till the end of that year. At the end of 1935 the shaft had been deepened to 140 feet. Further development work within that year was aimed at extending the 125 foot level by 700 feet of drifting, and 420 feet of crosscutting. Some hoisting procedures would also take place when the company's miners had hoisted 2,000 tonnes of ore, and another 1,500 tonnes of waste.
After keeping this mine active for 2 years, the Martin Bird Syndicate would end up re-organizing it self into the Martin Bird Gold Mines, Limited in 1936. Far more expansions became completed within that year when a new power plant was added to this mining project. It also consisted of newly installed components that included a Canadian Ingersoll Rand 47,8 H.P, double drum air hoist, a Sullivan 500 cubic foot, Diesel driven Compressor, and not least a Canadian Ingersoll Rand 340 cubic foot, Diesel driven compressor,
Underground development within that year was aimed at deepening the No. 1 shaft from 140 feet to 401 feet. With this taking place the company also had establish two new levels that were being cut, and station on the mines 250, and 375 foot sections. More so it was also reported that the company would official start a small amount of drifting, and crosscutting. In general being the company reported that the mine had a total development footage of 625 feet of crosscutting, and 892 feet of drifting. There was also a total of 4,917 feet of surface drilling, and 2,843 feet of underground diamond drilling completed. Further trenching procedures now had totalled 2,166 feet, and 2,140 tonnes of ore was mine, and 4,530 tonnes of waste was also hoisted.
The Martin Bird MIne was once again going through more development phase within the year of 1937. It was at this time when extensive development had continued to take place on the former No. 1 shaft operation. This whole entire development procedure had consisted of 3,379 feet of crosscutting, 5,265 feet of drifting, 102 feet of shaft raising, and 220 feet of development raising. Besides developing the mine further it became state that a total of 11,588 feet of diamond drilling was done from underground, and 8,759 feet from the surface, Some more structural development had also taken place when a bunk house, hoist house, and timber head-frame became constructed. There was also new additions made to the power plant that included a 96 H.P Diesel Engine, a 496 cubic foot compressor, a 43 H.P Tractor, a 73 H.P hoist and a 100 H.P boiler,
Some more development expanding had continued to take place in 1938, when further 238 feet of raising was accomplish in the No, 2 shaft area. In addition to this it was reported that the newly designed shaft was starter on the 375 foot level, and had connected with the surface, Far more development had also taken place when new levels became cut, and stationed on the mines 125, 250, and 375 foot levels. The shaft at the time was reported to have two compartments from the surface to the 125 foot level, and has three compartments below 125 feet. Some more development would also occur on the 375 foot level, when a development raise was driven in order to establish the 320 foot sub-level.
In addition to this it was stated that the newly developed 125 foot level became opened up by 639 feet of drifting, 178 feet of crosscutting, and 10 feet of development raising. There was also another level 250 feet that was being constructed by 1,915 feet of drifting, 549 feet of crosscutting, and 34 feet of development raising. Some more expansion also had taken place on the 320 foot sub-level, which only had consisted of 21 feet of drifting. Another opening was reported to have been developed on the 375 foot level in order to connect the No. 1 and No. 2 shafts together, In addition to this it was known for totalling 1,292 feet of drifting, 343 feet of crosscutting, and 29 feet of development raising. All development within that year was followed by an extensive diamond drilling program that amounted to 3,624 feet from the surface, and 12,380 feet from underground.
The No. 2 shaft was additionally deepened to the 400 level in order to be even with the No. 1 shaft operation in 1939. Development within that time period was taken place on all 4 levels of the No.2 shaft, and had been opened up extensively. It was within this time period when the 125 foot level now became extended by 3,131 feet of drifting, 2,003 feet of crosscutting, and 10 feet of raising. This also followed by more development on the 250 foot level that became opened up by 3,958 feet of drifting, 1,869 feet of crosscutting, and 83 feet of raising. A small amount of development also had taken place on the 320 foot sub-level that now totalled 75 feet of drifting, and 71 feet of crosscutting. Another level at 375 feet would also become extended by 3,137 feet of drifting, 1,236 feet of crosscutting, and 226 feet of raising. All mining operations at the Martin Bird Mine became officially ceased on May, 1931, after thirty-six diamond drill holes, totalling2,904 feet, were drilled from underground. The company held the property until the 1970's when it was acquired by R.A. MacGregor. A number of exploration programs have taken place since that time, including geological and ground geophysical surveys, overburden stripping, rock and humus sampling and diamond drilling. It was also within this time period when further explorations also became conducted by Long Lac Mineral Explorations, Limited in 1980.