Further shaft sinking had commence in 1918, when the Baldwin Mining Company had expanded the shaft to a depth of 200 feet. With development taking place it was rather reported that most of the work was focus on expanding the levels at 100, and 200 feet. An opening soon became made when the 100 foot level was extended by 75 feet of drifting. Another level at 200 feet had also opened up and now consisted of 90 feet of drifting done on it.
A small amount of development work had also taken place in 1919, when the 200 foot level was extended by 175 feet of drifting. It was within this time period when the Baldwin Gold Mining Company would end up suspending mining operations as the Kirkland Lake Strike had hit. The gold within this property was rather reported to have been associated with syenide outcropps, and had been disclosed on fault sections on the North-Eastern Corner of Eby Township.
Another staking on this property was made in 1929, by the historical Baldwin Kirkland Gold Mines, LImited. Mining operations continued to expand this property when the company had focus on further sinking the shaft to a depth of 400 feet. Development within 1929 had also constructed new level that became cut and station on the mines 300 and 400 foot levels. There was also significant amount of development completed that year on all four producing mining levels. It was reported that the 100 foot level had extended by 200 feet of drifting and crosscutting, while the 200 foot level was opened up by1,500 feet of drifting and crosscutting. Another level at 300 was also opened up that year by 900 feet of drifting, and crosscutting. The last level at 400 feet, had also extended the workings by 160 feet of drifting. All mining operations had taken place in March, and continued until November, 1929, when the mine was closed down.
Some more staking on this claim had occurred in 1934, when the Lucky Kirkland Gold Mines, Limited had examined the workings. Mining operations on this claim were considered to have taken place during May, and June, 1934, with a workforce of 15 miners. Almost all the work within this time period was being conducted on the 400 foot level when it became extended by 260 feet of drifting, and crosscutting. It also became reported that the No. 1 shaft had reach its own depths of 414, and had a total lateral development footage of 4,000 feet. Even the old plant was still kept running when it was refurbish in order to provide a source of power into the mine. All explorations by this company had ended by June, and the mine was officially abandoned till 1946. Before the mine closed it was reported that a sampling procedure would also take place, and yielded 1,337 g of gold valued at $1,247 from 73.5 tonnes of material.
Another company known as the Baldwin Consolidated Mines, Limited had taken over this property in 1946. By this time all the workings within the shaft had been completely flood in with water, and the had to be dewatered. As the shaft became pumped out it was reported that sampling procedure would take place, and had produce 43 ounces of gold, and 81 ounces of silver from 81 tonnes of ore. Nothing else had taken place on this property as the mine was officially abandoned within that year. It's widely reported that the gold occurrence within this area was reported to have been extended from Matachewan into Eby Township. A geologist by the name of G.L Holbrooke had also reported that several small but rich ore-bodies lying within the zone are associated with fracture syenite rocks. He also reported that the only economic importance was found within a north. 20 degrees east set of faults that cut this vein system. Nothing else had been done as the Baldwin Gold Prospect was officially abandoned from any more staking. A small amount of prospecting did occur within 1998' but was rather focus on other claim blocks within Eby Township, and was staked by Denis Charte, and Roger Dufresne.