During 1926, an option was taken upon the copper showing that was done by Sidney A. Pain and his associates on October of that same year. Much of the preparations at this time were aimed at bringing in a mining plant, that consisted of a hoist and a 320 cubic foot air compressor, which was driven by a gasoline engine. Exploration work at this time was confined to sinking a prospect shaft on the copper showing that went to a depth of 50-feet by November. At about 30 feet, the vein was crosscut at this level when lateral development would continue to open up this ground by drifting on it for a length of 60 feet. Development work on this section had proven to be promising after a bulk sample was taken from this section of the Amity Copper Mine location. Work on the Amity Shaft was continued layer during that year as the No. 1 Shaft was sunk to further depths of 130 feet below the surface at this time. Lateral development would also continue on the 130-foot level when a crosscut was driven for a distance of 30 feet and a total of 300 feet of drifting was done in order to expand this section by the first quarter of 1927. This was also the time when diamond drilling was achieved on during the time period of operating in 1927, and the company would additionally employ 10 people for this work.
The Amity Copper Property was shortly after taken upon the Amity Copper Gold Mines, Limited in 1927, and work was continued through out the year of 1928. It was at this time when the Amity Copper Gold Mines, Limited, was under control of D. O. Johnson who was the company president and J. E. Russel who was the Company's vice president. This company also had its own secretary treasure by the name of Gìdeont Grant and a management director by the name of Sidney A. Pain. Much of the company at this time was under the direction of Samuel Squires, F. L. McLean and R. Jackson that were employed as company directors.
Within the operating year of 1928, the main Amity Copper Shaft was deepened from the 250-foot level to a depth of 600 feet below the surface. Lateral development at this time was mainly confined to developing the 250-foot level when 76 feet of raising and 100 feet of winze sinking was done. More work at the time was also followed when expanding the underground workings on the 250-foot level by 300 feet of drifting. Other buildings at this time would also follow when camp buildings donating of a power house, storehouse, dry house, and magazine.
Development work at this time was continued during 1929, when the main shaft was continued from the 475-foot level to a total depth of 965-feet within the winze shaft that was collared on the 250-foot level. Lateral development was aimed at station cutting that was completed on the 475, 600, 735 and 866-foot horizon. Drifting at this time had amounted to a total of 1,188 feet that was mainly confined to opening the workings on the 475 and 600-foot levels of the Amity Copper Property. Development ore and stoping of the vein was continued at this time in which most of the copper ore was shipped to the Custom Smelter in Noranda, Quebec, Canada. Work within this time period would also become officially suspended due to lowering copper prices that wasn't found profitable to keep mining these short veins.
Shaft sinking was done on two quartz veins that are commonly known to have normal strike towards the granite contact and intersects an iron formation that lies along the southwest contact of the acid tuff member. It also on each side of these quartz veins that shorter lenses of chalcopyrite are known to occur as replacements in iron formation. Much of the ore that was mined had mainly came from these short lenses that constituted chalcopyrite, magnetite, sphalerite, Galena, and pyrite ore that was being mined. Mining was chiefly done on a massive seam of chalcopyrite that was between 4 to 12 inches wide and by either side by 2 to 3 feet cherty laminated ore. Ore from this bed had mainly consisted of alternating thin layers of grey cherty quartz and sulfide bearing zone that was worked periodically.
Work on the 125-foot level was mainly confined to developing 60 feet of ore averaging 4% Copper with a width of 5 feet. This also resulted in working the 250-foot level when 100 feet of ore averaging 6% with an average width of 5 feet. Lateral development on the mines 475-foot level had not produce any ore die to not fully reaching the copper zone during 1927 and 1929. Production had also taken place on the 600-foot level where 60 feet of ore was worked with an average grade of 6% copper over a width of 5 feet. Development that was completed on the 1,000-foot level had also discovered a 50-foot ore-shoots that average 5% copper with an average width of 5 feet.
During 1933, the Amity Copper Gold Mines, Limited., had restarted mining operations on the Amity Copper Mine Property that was being done under direction of Paul E. Doal. Mining operations at this copper project were only worked for a short time period as the main Amity Copper Shaft was dewater by October, and closed on December, 31, 1933. Before this closure came it was reported that a total of 177 tonnes of copper ore was taken out from the 250-foot level and shipped to the Custom Smelter in Noranda. Production was also achieved from 1928 to 1929 and again in 1933, which at this time had produce a total of 68,325 Lbs of Copper, that valued at $8,794.00.
In 1951, the property was optioned from Amity Copper Gold Mines, Limited., that was undertaken by the Consolidated Golden Arrow Mines, Limited. at the time. This resulted in dewatering the main Amity Copper Shaft below the 250-foot horizon when some ore was taken out from the old workings for resembling of the main chalcopyrite lenses. Results from drilling had showed that a small amount of ore was still left within the underground workings and the option was later drop by this company.
Copper prices had rather started to rise once again which had provided interest in the property that was undertaken by the Mirla Exploration, Limited that was organized in 1955, with a capitalization of 5000 shares at $10 each and 150,000 common shares at no par value. Much of this incorporation was made by E. J. Miron who was the president of this company and had hired L. A. Lambe as Vice President. Most of the work at this time was subjected to an option agreement that was made between the company and Marge Copper Gold Mines, Limited. It was at this time when the 1,020-foot two compartment shaft was remastered below the 250-foot level as some mining was being confined to removing the ore from this location. A total of 863-tonnes of copper ore was taken from the Amity Copper Shaft and a contract was additionally made with Noranda Mines, Limited., to concentrate the ore at their smelter in Noranda, Quebec, Canada. This at the time was rather the stage of development and production that had taken place when the company would later confine it's operations on the Patterson and Trethewey-Ossian Copper Mine Sites.