Discovered in 1908, the Capitol mine is renowned for the crystallized silver that has been found there over the years, usually associated with nickel and cobalt arsenides. The Capitol Mine was operated by Castle-Trethway Mines Ltd from 1929-1959. The mine was shut down in 1964 under the ownership of McIntyre Porcupine Mines Ltd. Total production was 10,840,000 oz. Ag; 209,000 lbs. Co; and 19,000 lbs. Ni.