It was in 1918, when a shaft was sunk to the depth of 315 feet on the northwest corner of historical claim R.S.C 106. Much of the shaft sinking phase was rather begun in Keewatin Rock, but at a depth of 100 feet to the bottom of the shaft, the rock encountered was diabaes. Work was primarily started on the 200-foot level when 212 feet of drifting was done west from the shaft. Work at the time was also aimed at opening up the 300-foot level by drifting and crosscutting on it for a distance of 1,100 feet, and raising amounted to 30 feet. It was also on this level that plans were now underway in sinking the Internal Winze Shaft No. 1, in which reach 25 feet below the 300-foot horizon. Other statements had stated that the Keewatin Formation had also been encounter at one point on the 300-foot level.
A major change was made in 1919, when the Trethewey SIlver Cobalt Mining Company, Limited, had underwent a joint venture agreement with Caslte Mining Company, Ltd. Exploratory work at the time had resulted in a wide exploration that was done in Nicol, and Haultain Townships. Most of this program was aimed at finding additional silver deposits between Miller Lake, and Everett Lakes. Development within 1919, was confined to the Miller Lake Property, which consisted of 1,317 feet of Crosscutting, 1,335 feet of drifting, 80 feet of sinking, and 40 feet of raising. Lateral development that was completed had been aimed at exploring the vein system further, that resulted in no ore of importance at the time.
By this time, the company rather had discovered another calcite vein that carried high amounts of silver within 1919. Prior to this discovery, the company would further explore the Everett Lake Silver Property by sinking a shaft on historical claim R.S.C 101. All development of this shaft (No.2), had rather been engineered to incine to a depth of 109 feet on the vein, in which had shown high-grade ore to the bottom of the shaft. It was also at this point in time when 6 tonnes of ore was shipped from the Everett Lake Project to be assayed.
Further expansions were rather continued at the Everett Lake Property in which had showed favorable conditions from development. All lateral development completed in 1920, had consisted of 1,020 (310.90m) feet of drifting, and crosscutting on the 100-foot horizon. With successful results it was determined to continue sinking the incline No. 2 Shaft to a depth of 150 (45.72m) feet from the 100-(30.48m)foot horizon . An opening was shortly after made on the vein in which had developed a 40- (12.19m) foot stope section for further mining to the south of the shaft between these levels. The 100- (30.48m) foot level was rather opened up by 790 feet (240.79m) of drifting, and crosscutting, and only 70 feet of the combined development was done on the 150-foot level.
As explorations continued, there was also a new vein discovered which was called the office vein, that ran nearly at right angles to the vein first discovered. At the time, diamond drilling was not advanced in technology like it is today, and further exploratory work was done by sinking a shaft. Just like the Everett Lake, and Miller Lake Propertie, the Office vein was place under further exploratory work when a shaft (No.3) was sunk on the vein. Shaft sinking of the newly discovered vein resulted in engineering it to be vertical down to 82 feet (24.99 m), in which it was opened up by the 70-foot (21.34m) level by drifting on it for 100 feet (30.48 m). A total of 5 shipments of 40 tonnes (80,000 lbs) of ore was made from this property, in which had resulted in a recovery of 63,000 ounces of silver (Ag).
Within 1921, a devestation had rather occurred at the historical Castle Silver Mine Project that would destroy the powerhouse. Work at the time was also being done with a workforce of 30 to 50 men, and mining operations had continued till June, 25, 1921. By this time, the Office Vein shaft had rather underwent further shaft sinking when it was continued from 82 feet (24.99 m) to 260 feet (79.25 m). Lateral development was rather minimized at the time when only 300 feet of drifting, and crosscutting was accomplish on the 160-foot (91.44 m).
Other changes were being made in 1922, when a new company was amalgamated between the Castle Mining Company, Ltd, and the Trethewey Silver Cobalt Mining Company, The two companies them selves had rather became incorporated to form what would be known as the Castle-Trethewey Mines, Limited. Much of the company's whole incorporation would result in a capitalization $2,000,000 in shares of 1.00 each. A total of 400,000 shares were rather exchanged for the stock of the Castle Mining Company, Limited, and 1,600,000 shares were issued to shareholders at $0.10 per share to provide funds for future work.
Operations at the Castle Trethewey Silver-Cobalt property was once again resumed within 1922. Preparations at the time were being aimed at continuing mining operations at the Office vein, in which was commonly known as the No. 3 Shaft. Some of the much needed buildings that became erected had included a boiler house, compressor house, blacksmith shop, seven dwellings, and a new camp to accommodate 30 men. As the Castle No. 1 Shaft had proven to be uneconomical, the company had decided to move its ice house, and store house to the No. 3 Office Vein Shaft. Shaft sinking at the time was also continued onward when the No. 3 Shaft had rather reach a depth of 325 feet or 99.06 m below the surface. Development at the time was mainly being focus on opening up a new level and undergoing further drifting, crosscutting, and raising. Total lateral development for that year had resulted in 1,216 feet of drifting, 314 feet of crosscutting, and 85 feet of raising. A total of 988 tonnes was also removed from stopes, and an additional 608 tonnes was slashed within the mine workings. Production was rather minor when on 11 tonnes of high-grade ore containing 40,400 ounces, and 1,530 pounds of cobalt. This also resulted in hoisting a total of 5,159 tonnes of mill ore that was stockpiled at the time.
1922, was also followed by other changes when the Everett Lake SIlver-Cobalt Property was purchase by Everett Mines, Limited. Development in expanding this operation was done when camps were constructed, and mining operations were commenced on November, 1st, 1922. Much of the whole entire camp was well equipped when a cook camp, sleep camp, power house smithshop, and a stable was completed. Another option at the time was also done on the No. 1 Castle Shaft, when it became dewatered and further developed. Lateral development that was achieved had rather been aimed at continuing the north drift on the 150-foot level. Lateral development which was completed towards the Everett Silver-Cobalt Mine had totalled 120 feet of drifting, and 30 feet of crosscutting.
The newly formed Castle-Trethewey Mines, Limited was at it again when it had obtained a capitalization of $2,000,000 shares at $0.80 par value. A total of 200,000 of these shares were issued within the operating year of 1923, that was mainly aimed at financing a large mill site, and power plant. Shaft sinking was also continued onward when it was sunk from the 325-foot level, to a depth of 550 feet below the surface on the No. 3 Shaft. Lateral development was rather increased when new stations were cut on the 400, 475, and 550-foot levels. Development at the time was also continued on five levels that consisted of 283 feet of crosscutting, 2,323 feet of drifting, and 132 feet of raising. Stoping at the time was also further advanced when 60 tonnes was taken out from the Castle-Trethewey Silver-Cobalt Mine. Production was also increased at this time when 5,680 tonnes of ore was estimated to contain 113.600 ounces of silver (Ag), that was place at the mines dump site. Milling that was achieved at the Timiskaming Testing Laboratories had resulted in a production 87,004 pounds of dry ore, containing 144,090 ounces of silver (Ag), and 5,235 pounds of cobalt (Co). All of the concentrate recovered was also known to have been sold to the Nipissing Mining Company.
Construction within 1923, was confined to further developing a newly designed plant, and a saw mill was installed for cutting lumber to accommodate cheap building purposes. Even more construction was done when a warehouse was erected at the freights sheds at Elk Lake, in which also included a 9,000 gallon oil tank. It was also during this time period when a new 48-foot headframe, and a power house became built at the main shaft. A garage that was 26 by 36 feet was also built to house the three freight trucks used to bring material. Installations were also carried out when two 200 horsepower polar diesel oil engines were added, and the construction of 60-tonne mill was started on December, 27, 1923. Building of the plant was also completed within the first quarter of the new year in 1924.
Mining operations were also continued on the Everett Lake Silver-Cobalt Property when an internal winze shaft was sunk to the depth of 105 feet below the 150-foot level. This resulted in cutting stations on the mines 200, and 250-foot horizons of the Everett Lake Silver-cobalt Property. (The No. 1 Castle Shaft). Lateral development was also completed at a minor scale when only 56 feet of drifting, 310 feet of crosscutting, and 35 feet of stoping was done. Construction at the time consisted of building an office, 24 by 30 feet, and a dwelling house that was 18 by 24 feet, and built from logs.
Within 1924, mining operations were rather being confined to working the No. 3 Castle-Trethewey Mine Shaft on Historical claim R.S.C 101. Production was also exceeded during that time period, but it was necessary to suspend development as a power shortage had occurred on March, 2 to May, 4, 1924. The total ore that was broken in stopes had amounted to 38,229 tonnes, and an additional 7,744 tonnes was from development. Hosting within the operating period of 1924, had amounted to 32,790 tonnes that year having an average millhead of 30.62 ounces of silver (Ag), and a total of 9,611 tonnes of waste was also hoisted. There was also an additional broken ore reserves of 13,183 tonnes, and 604 tonnes had remained as broken ore reserves to the end of June, 1924. Development that was done during the year had also amounted to 4,416.6 feet, in which was disappointing due to the shortage of power. Results from all development done on the Castle-Trethewey MIne was also considered very encouraging from the results achieved. It was rather 1,072 feet of this lateral development that was mainly confined to the silver veins in the production of ore. Vein No. 3 on the 400-foot level had progress when development was advanced by 122 feet in ore of 42.6 ounces of silver over 60 inches. Prior to this, vein No.3 on the 400-foot level was rather advanced to 215 feet in ore of 21.5 ounces of silver (Ag) per tonne over 60 inches. Another vein known as the No. 12 was also advance by 24 feet in ore of 68.3 ounces silver (Ag) per tonne over 60 inches on the 400-foot level, Development in ore on the 475-foot level resulted in 210 feet of lateral work that assayed 72.3 ounces of silver over 60 inches on the No. 4 vein. The No. 12 vein on the 475-foot level was also advanced by 295 feet in ore of 22.5 ounces of silver (Ag) per tonne over 60 inches. As development continued this also resulted in slashing and stoping the No. 4 vein on the 550-foot level that was advanced by 60 feet of development in ore of 34.6 ounces of silver (Ag) per tonne over 60-inches. Development was also followed by 145 feet in ore containing 27,5 ounces of silver (Ag) over 60 inches from the No. 12 vein on the 550-foot level. Ore reserves which were estimated in 1924, had amounted to 47,359 tonnes containing 39.8 ounces of silver, with a recovery of 1,885,796 ounces of silver (Ag) in the No. 3 Shaft. Ore reserves estimations were also made on the No. 2 Shaft, that contained 1,476 tonnes, grading 25 ounces of silver (Ag) per tonne, and had a recovery of 36,900 ounces. Further indications resulted in broken ore reserves in stopes that consisted of 13,787 tonnes, containing 31.4 ounces of silver (Ag), with a recovery of 432,940 ounces of silver (Ag). Ore that was stock piled had also amounted to 9,237 tonnes, containing 20 ounces of silver (Ag) per tonne, with a recovery of 184,740 ounces of silver.
Even further work was done in opening up the No. 3 vein on the 400-foot level, and had showed 122 feet of ore averaging 42.6 ounces over 60 inches. A second vein that was known as the No. 4 on the 475-foot level, had showed 210 feet of ore averaging 72,3 ounces of silver over 60 inches with the east face still in ore. There were also a number of veins in which were branching from veins Nos. 10, 12, and 4 had been encountered. Much of the geological conditions within the Castle-Trethewey Silver-Cobalt mine had showed favorable conditions on additional ore-bodies. Development a the time was also followed by further installations when electric pumps became installed underground. Lateral development during 1924, had amounted to 3,366 feet of drifting, 813.9 feet of crosscutting, and 237 feet of raising.
Construction costs towards the plant buildings, and equipment had rather resulted in $40,342.68 within 1924. This resulted in the installation of three 100-K.V.A transformers with switching apparatuses, became installed on the South Bay Power Line. A new office along with a warehouse building was also erected with staffing quarters on the second storey. Replacements were also made when the old heating system was taken out and replace with a Dunnham Vacuum pumps returning the condensation to boilers, and effecting considerable economy costs. Most of this resulted in supplies towards providing water to the mill, and camps, when a 175-gallon pump was installed at Everett Lake, pumping directly to a 25,000 gallon water tank at the mill. Milling during this time period resulted in processing 30,273 tonnes of ore, that ended up providing 317.7 tonnes of concentrate. Recoveries made from the jigs, sands, and slime had produce 638,279 pounds of cobalt, and 1,033,177 ounces of silver with a millhead of 29.3 ounces per tonne. A total of 5,408 tonnes was also taken from waste sorted at the mill with an average grade of 3 ounces of silver(Ag) per tonne, that recovered 16,224 ounces of silver (Ag). Tailing also contributed to production when 29,995.3 tonnes was process at 3 ounces per tonne, in which recovered 89,865.9 ounces of silver (Ag).
Sources of ore from the Castle-Trethewey Mine
_______Level___________________Tonnes_________Per cent_________Average Ounces______Total Ounces_
70- foot level 982 tons 3.1 59.1 58,036 Oz
160-foot level 1,129 tons 3.6 58.6 66,159 Oz
260-foot level 355 tons 1 18.4 6,172 Oz
325-foot level 2,431 tons 7.6 18.3 44,611 Oz
400-foot level 8,308 tons 26 21.1 175,626 Oz
475-foot level 14,125 tons 44.2 45,9 649,278 Oz
500-foot level 4,638 tons 14.5 22.5 104,371 Oz
Advancements in power supply had rather made it possible in order to increase development from 400 feet to 1,000 feet per month. Ore within the Castle-Trethewey Mine was rather a hard project to work with as it needed considerable amount of development to be recovered. Much of the main principal during, 1925, was aimed at opening up a a large ore-body on the 625-foot level, which was the lowest level in the mine. A limited amount of development on this level showed 250-lineal feet of 50 to 60 ounces over 5 feet width. Ore reserves at the time were also increased by 161,000 ounces to a total 2,701,655 ounces of silver (Ag), in which consisted of 86,615 tonnes of ore of an average grade of 31.2 ounces. Shaft sinking at the time was rather advanced on the No. 3 shaft was continued to a depth of 694 feet below the surface.Lateral development within this time period resulted in 5,160 feet of drifting, 1,394 feet of crosscutting, and 579 feet of raising. A winze was also sunk to the depth of 37 feet. No sinking was done on the No. 2 Shaft as development was undertaken that consisted of 44 feet of drifting, and 59 feet of crosscutting. Development at the time was also followed by the sinking of the No. 4 Shaft that had reach a depth of 50 feet. Diamond drilling was also under taken on the property that amounted 1,102 feet in total length that year. Much of the source of production from the mine amounted to 6,564 tonnes from development grading 31.6 ounces, with a recovery of 207,619 ounces of silver (Ag). Production also resulted from stopes that contributed 33,970 tonnes of ore, grading 24.4 ounces, and contained a recovery of 928,955 ounces of silver (Ag). Mill dump ore was also a contributor of 1,254 tonnes, containing a grade of 20.0 ounces of silver, in which had recovery of 25,080 ounces of silver (Ag). This resulted in a total production of 41,788 tonnes, grading 27.8 ounces of silver per tonne, with a recovery of 1,161,654 ounces of silver (Ag).
Production that was achieved during 1925, resulted in 34,425 tonnes, grading 29.03 ounces of silver per tonne, and had a gross production of 999,234 ounces of silver (Ag). Total ore produce since the commencement of operation resulted in 72,305 tonnes, containing 31.48 ounces, and had recovery of 2,379,280 ounces. Some production from waste sorted by the crusher had amounted to a recovery of 20,274 ounces, and a recovery of 110,332 ounces was also made from tailing. (Total Recovery) 1,129,840 tonnes). A power turn over was also made at the mine when it was place under contract with the Northern Canada Power Company of 25-cycles from 60-Cycles, in which cost $22,094.75. New construction that was completed had included a machine shop, new dryer house, bunk house, etc. Recovery of cobalt from all milling done had resulted in 30,879 pounds from the Castle-Trethewey Mine Site.
Some more changes were made in 1926, when the No. 1 Shaft was reopened on March, 27, 1926, as it was once known as the orginal prospect shaft on claim R.S.C 106. Shaft sinking first describe at this location had rather been sunk through 140 feet of Keewatin rock into the underlying Diabase. Most of all the development at this shaft was done on the 300-foot level close to the contact between the Keewatin, and Diabase, with some silver found. Shaft sinking was rather advanced from the 300-foot level to the 450-foot level, where the first exploration would take place. Much of the old buildings on this claim were also replace by a switch house, and transformer Station, hoist, and power house, headframe, cookery, and sleep camp with accommodation for 25 men. It was also at this point in time when the power house consisted of three 100 K.V.A, 1,200 to 550 volt transformers, a 750 cubic foot air compressor with 150 H.P motor, and a 10 by 12-inch air hoist. The claim it self is well located between the producing Miller Lake O'Brien, and the Tonapah Canadian Mines favorable prospect.
Other new construction in 1926, consisted of a pumping station at Babba Lake, with buried 6-inch wood-stave waterline to the mine. Development that was done consisted of 7,858 lineal feet in nine months, which is large for the tonnage milled. However, the nature of the diabase ore deposit had demand for the carrying out of large amounts of development. Ore at the time was being mined from the No. 10 vein, which was the richest vein on the property within the 700-foot level over 600 feet below the overlying Keewatin rock, and conditions were very favorable for the ore going deeper. Lateral development from the No. 1 Shaft had rather amounted to 18 feet of crosscutting within the operating year of 1926. This also included extensive lateral development on the No. 3 Shaft that totalled 4.943 feet of drifting, 1,948 feet of crosscutting, and 781 feet of raising.
Production within the operating year of 1926, had process a total of 29,136 tonnes of ore grading 26.18 ounces of silver (Ag) per tonne, with a recovery of 762,861 ounces. Total production achieved at the Castle-Trethewey Mine had amounted to 101,411 tonnes, containing 3,142,141 ounces of silver. Cobalt production within 1926, had amounted to 22,672 pounds that was processed with the silver ore in that year. Cobalt was rather the least costly product within 1926, as sales end up being $3,068, compared to markets now a days.
Exploratory development on the No. 1 Shaft on claim R.S.C 106, had resulted in 2,729 feet of explorations done on it in 1927. This had also included 167 feet of sinking, in which the operating cost was $49,863.91. It was determined that several calcite veins were cut in the work, one of them which was on the 450-foot level showed some high-grade ore. It was also at this time when further development by drifting, raising, and sinking did not develop a payable ore shoot, and work was discontinued on March, 1927. Lateral development on the No. 1 Shaft had resulted in 639.1 feet of drifting, 1,887.4 feet of crosscutting, 758 feet of raising, and 77 feet of internal winze sinking.
A more extensive program of development was rather carried out on the No. 3 Shaft or main shat in 1927. Many of the ore shoots were describe to have been in vertical veins cutting through a faulted area, which dips at about 040 degrees and roughly had been parallel to the overlying diabase-Keewatin Contact, by the faulting, while in other parts the ore shoots are terminated, either in their upward or downward extensions, by faulting, while others are merely shifted in position of a few feet by this faulting. This constituted a large area of mill ore, in which had provided an are of unexplored ground at the time. Development that was completed on the No. 3 Shaft had resulted in 5,630.2 feet of drifting, 4,127 feet of crosscutting, 758 feet of raising, and 174.2 feet of internal winzing. Development that was completed from the No. 3 Shaft had produce a total of 6,002 tonnes of 21.4 ounces of Silver (Ag) ore, with a recovery of 128,292 ounces of silver (Ag). Much of this development work was also confined to further expanding new stopes that had the same grade, and a recovery of 297,905 ounces of Ag.
Production during the operating year of 1927, had resulted in processing 40,250 tonnes of ore, which produce a grade of 21.32 ounces per tonne, with a recovery of 858,044 ounces of silver (Ag). Processing of the ore had also given 349.1 of dry concentrate that was shipped, and resulted in 2,457.87 ounces per ton, and a recovery of 33,393 pounds of cobalt.
A winze was continued from the 650-foot level down to the 895-foot horizon during 1928, and the previous year in 1927. New levels within the mine were also being cut, and stationed on the mines 775, and 850-foot horizons with no ore that was so far found. It was widely reported that none of the ore-shoots from the upper levels had reach this far into the diabase below ground. Development crosscutting at the time was taking place in exploring a northwest section that was very favorable due to it being situated close to the contact of the diabase sill. One of these veins known as the No. 26, had outcrop at the surface, and became drifted on the 475-foot level, became discovered at this depth. Its also stated that the other veins which had better surface showings would be possibly cut by crosscutting on them closer to the lower contact than where the No. 26 vein was cut.
Development on the 850-foot horizon was advanced when a crosscut was driven southwest and cut extensive faulting. The faulting it self is known to also be roughly parallel to the upper contact of the Diabase Sill at the mine, and in the neighborhood of which the veins on upper level have proved productive. Exploratory work resulted in some calcite veining that were cut at this point, and further explorations were needed. A considerable amount of small ore shoots were also reported to have been found on levels above the 550 feet, but unexplored favorable areas of these levels were rather small. Lateral development completed in the No. 3 Shaft had resulted 7,868.3 feet of drifting, 2,379.1 feet of crosscutting, 863 feet of raising, and 10.5 feet of winze sinking. Ore was mainly recovered from 4,448 tonnes of development, grading 12.9 ounces per tonne, which recovered 57,321 ounces of Ag. Other contributions to production had resulted in 38,728 tonnes of ore from stoping, which graded 24.8 ounces of Ag, with a recovery of 959,293 ounces of silver. Hoisting that was completed in the operating year of 1928, had amounted to 76,855 tonnes, of which 33,679 was waste material.
There was rather an increase in production when the mill had treated 43,186 tonnes of ore grading 22.04 ounces of silver per ton, which recovered 951,718 ounces of Ag. Most of these recoveries of silver were made from a shipment of 319.98 dry tonnes of ore, which had graded 2,974.30 ounces of silver (Ag) per ton. Prior to this, cobalt was also another metal recovered from this recovery which resulted in 38,151 pounds of cobalt in 1928. Much of the increase in mill tonnage during 1928, was mainly taken from development, and mining of the No. 22 vein.
Some downfalls had rather occurred due to the major drop in silver prices that had effected several mining operations in 1929. Silver prices during 1929, had rather reduced the chances in continuing explorations as 3 ounces of silver was now only worth 2 ounces. However, an extensive program of exploration, and development had been carried out within the first quarter of the year. Lateral development that was aimed at finding new ore, and developing existing stopes had amounted to 9,340 feet of drifting, and crosscutting, and 1,540 feet of raising. Prior to the dropping prices in silver most of the development, and exploration work was cut considerable as mining was confined to favorable ore sections. In addition to this, it was reported that no ore was found on the 850-foot level, which was the deepest level within the Castle-Trethewey Silver Mine. Explorations at the time were rather confined to finding areas that constituted a percentage of 50% or higher in order to make a profit from mining the silver-cobalt ore. From all lateral development completed on the No. 3 Shaft, it was also stated that this had consisted 5,542.3 feet of drifting, 3,798.3 feet crosscutting, and 1,539.6 feet of raising. Much of the source of the ore within the mine was taken from 5,615 feet of development, grading 8.4 ounces of silver, in which produced 47,144 ounces of silver (Ag). Stoping operations had also constituted a total of 36,687 tonnes of ore, which contained 21.3 ounces of silver per ton, and had a recovery of 892,759 ounces of silver. Work at the time was mainly confined to 151 working places on 11 levels. In all lateral development footage it was also reported that the No. 3 Shaft had totalled 58,430 feet, in which comprised of 11 1/2 miles of underground workings, and constituted a production of 900 ounces of silver per foot.
Production from the Castle-Trethewey Silver Mine had rather resulted in treating 45,302 tonnes of ore, containing 18.35 ounces of silver per ton, which the recovery was 831,307 ounces of silver. From this production treated it had also produce 301.4 tonnes of dry concentrate, grading 2,761.45 ounces of silver, and a recovery of 37,834 pounds of cobalt.
Development at the time was rather being controlled as silver prices did not improve in the markets within the operating year of 1930. It was rather at the beginning of the year when silver was at its lowest since the time of starting mining operations, which resulted in $0.42 per an ounces of Ag. Explorations at the time were need in order to continue mining operations on the small eratic ore-shoots deemed as high-grade within the Diabase Rock. Pricing within the silver market did not justify the noncontinuous of exploratory work, in which known ore-shoots of higher grade silver was only mined, and milled. It was also at this point in time when the company was working on the adjoining Capital Silver Mine Site that had encountered a new vein at depth of 800-feet below the surface. Production from the Capital Silver Mine amounted to 560 tonnes of ore that recovered 66,000 ounces of silver. Some preparations were also place for mining future ore at the back of the No. 112 vein, in which produce 250,000 ounces of silver from all development in a 90-foot stope section. By March, 1931, the Capital along with the Trethewey Mines had ceased operation, and were place on care for easy re-openings in hope of increasing silver markets. Lateral development that was completed on the No. 3 Shaft had resulted in 781 feet of drifting, 298 feet of crosscutting, and 376.5 feet of raising.
Production within the Castle-Trethewey Silver Mine was rather also decreased when 29,691 tonnes of ore was treated, at a grade of 20.61 ounces per tonne, in which the recovery was 611,865 ounces of silver. From this treatment a total of 239.94 tonnes of dry concentrate was produce, and shipped. It was also at this point in time when the production of cobalt was increased to a recovery of 94,173 pounds of Co. Total production to the end of 1930, resulted in treating 259,870 tonnes of ore, in which produce 6,395,075 ounces of silver (Ag), and gave a gross value of $3,655,665.66.
In regards to decreasing silver prices the company had decided to cease it's milling and mining operations on April, 23, 1931.
Siscoe Metal of Ontario, Ltd, had rather continued mining silver ore and underground explorations on the Miller Lake O'Brien Mine, and the Castle Property owned by McIntyre Porcupine Mines, Ltd. Silver-Cobalt Mining had continued onward by the company throughout the operating year of 1971, and 1972. Mining operations by United Siscoe Corporation had ended by the end of 1972 and into 1973.
The Castle-Thethewey Mine wouldn't be open until 1980, when Agnico Eagle Mines, Limited had dewatered the No. 3 Shaft. This resulted in mining some ore for sampling purposes that were shipped to the operating mill owned by the company in Cobalt, Ontario, Canada. It was a this point in time when the property was leased, and development was carried out on 70-foot level, in which was access through the existing adit, Operations state that they were ran to 1988, but the only existing documents on file reports that it was only operated in 1980. Other projects owned by Agnico-Eagle had rather underwent explorations, and development like the Langis SIlver Property, and the Timiskaming-Beaver Mine Property.