Desperado Gold Prospect History
It was in 1866, when the Desperado Gold-Copper Prospect became discovered by a guy named James O'Hara Sr, who owned the farm property at the time. The Desperado Gold-Copper Property was quickly pick up by the newly formed North Hasting Mining Company, of El'Dorado, Lower Canada. Prospecting at the time was ongoing at this site, which resulted in discovering a crevice similar to that found at the Richardson Gold Mine Site in 1866. Most of this discovery was made upon a second blast which had taken place on this property after the first one failed to uncover the showing as the rock went downwards, and laterally instead of upwards. Soil and rock sampling had shortly after obtained specks of gold which were washed out and had provided information on its economical scale that became promising when looked under a microscope. The Desperado Gold-Copper Property was also one of the very first prospects to have ever been discovered in upper El'Dorado at the time. Some of the richest samples of copper were also obtained from the Desperado Gold-Copper Mine, which justified the need for capital in order to develop this project. A minor amount of Molybdenum was also discovered within this Gold-Copper Occurrence, in which it was not known for sure if it was either Molybdenum or Silver Ore. Not much at the time was done on this property as capital was being obtained in order to get this project moving forward in 1867. It was commonly reported that this mine was first uncovered on Lot. 17 within the 7 concession of Madoc Township, Hasting County Gold Mining Division, Lower Canada.