Mr. Bush at the time had originally called this the Bush Occurrence prior to him staking this gold claim in 1933.
1934-36 - Staled McIntyre Porcupine Mines, Ltd.
Explorations on this gold occurrence were officially started in 1934, when the property was purchased by McIntyre Porcupine Mines, Ltd.This whole entire exploratory phase had consisted of blasting and sampling the vein material. This also resulted in diamond drilling when 45 surface holes were put down and had totalled a length of 13,000 feet on two gold occurrences in the area.
1938 - Torovic Gold Mines, Limited
Another staking on this property was made by the Torovic Gold Mines, Ltd. who had completed their own surface exploration. This also included diamond drilling that had its own total length of 4,914 feet within the Kelore Gold Mine area.
1938 - Kelrowe Gold Mines, Limited.
Explorations for gold were originally being carried out by Kelrowe Gold Mines, Limited who became incorporated on December, 1938. It was at this time when the company had staked a total of 9 claims that comprised of 540 acres in Hislop Township, Ramore area, within the District of Cochrane, Ontario, Canada.
1939 - Kelrowe Gold Mines, Limited
Development on the property was officially started when a three compartment, vertical, shaft was being sunk. Almost all development work on the property had been officially suspended by August but had resumed operation in November, and December, 1939. By this time the No. 1 shaft was officially reaching a depth of 182 feet below the shaft collar by the end of that year. There was also a level that became establish on the mines 80 foot level, and was only opened up by 10 feet of crosscutting. For the most part almost all development work was being done by a contractor who became identified as A.W. Jeckell. He also became credited for supplying his own small shaft sinking plant towards this major gold prospect. Besides developing the mining operation the company also had developed their own structures to operate this gold project. Some of these things were commonly known to include a head-frame, power house, office, blacksmith shop, and two bunk-houses.
1940 - Kelrowe Gold Mines, Limited
The three compartment, vertical, shaft that was sunk on claim L26963 was deepened to 319 feet below the surface.Much of this had resulted in the establishment of two new levels that became cut on the mines 180 and 300 foot levels. Development within this time period was mainly focus on expanding the two upper levels by completing 654 feet of drifting, 363 feet of crosscutting, and 11 feet of raising. Diamond drilling within this time period had amounted to 40 underground holes, totalling 4,914 feet in length. All mining operations were officially cease at this site, and the main plant became destroyed by a fire shortly after.
1947 - Claims Acquired by Kelwren Gold Mines, Ltd.
Another change in ownership was shortly after made when the company now held a total of 18 claims in Hislop, and Guibord Township, Ramore area, Cochrane District. In addition to this the company had acquired these claims from Kelrowe Gold Mines, Limited, Wren Gold Mines, Limited, and the Hoyle Mining Company, Limited. All mining operations on these claims became carried out from August, 2 to December, 31, 1947.This had also resulted in the dewatering of the No. 1 shaft operation on claim L26963. With the shaft fully dewatered the company would end up expanding it to even further depths. It was rather at this time when the No. 1 exploration shaft had now reach a total depth of 475 feet below the shaft collar. With this development taking place the company had cut another level that became stationed on the mines 450 foot section. In total lateral development this company was strongly known to have completed 478 feet of drifting, and 229 feet of crosscutting.Diamond drilling within this time period had also consisted of 6 surface holes, totalling 2,429 feet, and 18 holes, totalling 1,974 feet. Prior to placing the mine back into production the company had also constructed a new shaft house, hoist room, machine shop, dry house, office-staff house, and boiler house.
1948- Kelore Mines, Limited
Kelore Mines, Limited was known to have been incorporated in June, 1948, to take over the Kelore Group of claims from Kelwren Gold Mines, Ltd. It was during this time period when mining operations at the Kelore Gold Mine had continued to take place throughout 1948. As the mine became re-opened the company would end up hiring a total workforce of 32 miners towards this production business. Development within the underground workings had resulted in the completion of 2,218 feet of drifting, 710 feet of crosscutting, and 196 feet of raising. Diamond drilling within 1948, had consisted of 122 underground holes , totalling a length of 12,623 feet. No additional development work was reported to have been done on this property in 1948.
1973 - Hollinger Consolidated Gold Mines, Limited
A staking was additionally made on the property when the Hollinger Consolidated Gold Mines, Limited had decided to refurbish, and dewatered the shaft. This re-examination procedure had included surface, and underground geological mapping, the completion of a MAG and HLEM EM Survey. Other structures also became added towards this mining operation when the company had constructed a surface plant, and erected a 40 foot timber head-frame. Diamond drilling within this time period had also consisted of 11 surface holes.
1974 - Hollinger Consolidated Gold Mines, Limited
After encountering satisfactory results the company had decided to erect a new head-frame over the No. shaft operation. Even more exploratory procedures had escalated when the company had commence a sampling phase on the drifts of the 180, 300, and 450 levels. With even more satisfactory results this had eventually led to the completion of 28,000 feet of diamond drilling from underground. After obtaining good results from the core it was reported that another diamond drilling phase would eventually commence in 1975.
It was within the summer months of 1973, when the lines between concessions 3 and 5 became re-located, and surveyed to the west into Hislop Township from the Guibord Boundary. In addition to this it became referred as the 00 base line, and grid lines became establish 200 feet apart in a north-south direction. These lines were also commonly considered to have expanded south across the three claims in March, 1974. At about 35 degrees near the south boundary of the claims a tie line became establish in order to locate the end of the lines in this area. This whole entire surveying procedure had resulted in an anomaly that extends across the property from the middle of the west boundary to the southeast corner. Other statements had indicated that the north section of this zone is considered to be isolated with anomalies ranging intensities to more than 4,000 gammas suggest inclusions in the volcanic sequence.
1975 - Hollinger Consolidated Gold Mines, Limited
Diamond drilling had continued to escalate when the company completed a total of 250 holes on the newly discovered gold deposit. This had resulted in the development of a 6,100 foot haulage tunnel that was started from the Ross Mine in order to connect with the New Kelore Mine workings. As development proceeded it was strongly reported that the company had decided to halt all mining operations at about 500 feet into this expansion project.
1988 - Staked by Goldpost Resources Inc.
Diamond drilling along the surface was carried out on July, 18, and August, 27, 1988. In total drilling the company had completed 8,279 feet of surface diamond drilling that year. Much of this drilling was stated to have been mainly confined to the west and shaft areas of the Hislop East Property.
This had also resulted in the completion of an underground diamond drilling program that was completed from the main decline in the shaft. Most of this was being conducted from September, 20 to October, 14, 1988, and had totalled 5,519 feet in length. Drilling within these locations had indicated the presence of the shaft 80 north, and 64 zones. For the most part these two zones were known to have been discovered by drilling in the contact, and camp zones. In addition to this it was strongly reported that the company had confined it self to a new area that was west of the present workings. These became additionally determined as the Breccia 64 and Contact Zones. Further so the company also stated that the first two diamond drill holes became aimed at testing the geology within the east decline. The remainder of this diamond drilling program was confined to testing the shaft and north zones from the main decline.
Geology of the Hislop East Property
The Hislop East Property is strongly known to contain a series of deformation zones with gold mineralization thats associated with single sill or a branching network of sills of syenite intruding ino komatiites, and tholeiic basalts. Much of these syenite sills and associated deformation zones are consideredto to occur within or adjacent to the principal branch of the Destor Porcupine Fault Zone. In many cases this fault zone is considered to be apart of an area of major destruption which may be up to 6,000 feet wide. Volcanic host rocks within this mineralized zone is mainly known to be a part of the Stoughton Roquemaure Group, which largely consists of tholeiitic basalts, and ultramafic komatiites.
1990 - Jointventure agreement between Goldpost Resources and St. Andrew Goldfields, Ltd.
It was within 1990, when Goldpost Resources, and St. Andrew Goldfields, Ltd. had came to a joint venture agreement.The whole entire agreement was mainly aimed at mining parts of the shaft zone, and north zone.
1993 - Goldpost Resources, and St. Andrew Goldfields, Ltd.
As the mine was once again about to go into production these two companies had dewatered the workings, and place them in operating conditions.
1994 - Goldpost Resources, and St. Andrew Goldfields, Ltd.
With mine place back into operating ore the company had completed a total of 777 feet of underground development. Even diamond drilling still had commence when 65 holes were drilled and had a total length of 5,064 feet.
1999 to 2000 - St, Andrew Goldfields, Ltd.
Production was officially started from the West Pit, and the company would end up expanding the northeast side of the pit in 2006. A diamond drilling program was eventually establish in order to evaluate the resources to the southwest of the West Pit operation. This resulted in the development of a new open pit that was developed to the southwest of the West Pit in 2010. Production from the pit would continue till about 2014, when ore reserves became exhausted. This still had resulted in the shipment of ore to the Holt Mill before all mining operations and shipments had ceased in the 2nd Quarter of 2014.