Work was said to have been further continued on the first level of the company's No. 4 shaft operation. Much of this had started further expanding the first level when the company had started drilling a northern boundary crosscut for a distance of 733 feet. Another crosscut, known as the south crosscut, was also being engineered and further expanded when the company had now driven this crosscut for a distance of 909 feet. A huge amount of stoping was also being done on the No.3 vein which was further extended to about 118 feet. Another change would soon occur when the company further expanded the shaft and had sunken it down to about 162 feet below the ground. All of this development would soon construct another level which was to be stationed at 152 feet. As development continued, the second level was also being opened up by another crosscut section that traveled north for about 123 feet. Company officials had also started further production by developing another drift which was driven for a distance of 448 feet, to the west shore of Cobalt Lake. As development continued, the mine captain had also order his worker to establish a raise on the No.3 vein so that it could connect with the winze shaft on the first level of the No.3 vein zone.
The Cobalt Lake Mining Company had also started on expanding the No. 6 shaft which was being depended to a depth of 143 feet. Production from this shaft was opened up by the first level when the company constructed two drifts that were strongly known to have run 267 feet to the east, and 414 feet west along the McKinlet-Darragh Boundary. All pumps and hoists are also strongly considered to be operated by the company's compressed air system. The No.1, 4 and 6 shafts had also obtained further development when the company decided to add timber head frames to these structures. A total of 60 men were also said to have been employed during this time period which makes this mine a much bigger production then other cobalt mines.
By 1912, the Cobalt Lake Mining Company was mainly focusing on operating its No. 4 and No.6 shafts in order to retrieve the rich ore material. As this was all going on, the mines managers had also decided to construct a drift from the 154 foot level of the No. 4 shaft to the No.6 shaft, which would act as another exit from the mine workings. However, another down fall soon occurred when the company had to abandoned this development because of them loosing production ground. Another plan was soon created when the company decided to construct another level instead of developing this drift section further towards the No.6 shaft.
In general the No.6 shaft which is commonly found south of Cobalt Lake is known to be engineered to a depth of 143 during 1912. This was all opened up by a west drift which was found to have followed the same vein zone as the McKinley-Darragh's north boundary, for a distance 436 feet. Further development within this section had also included the development of another winze shaft operation that was sunken down to 110 feet within this drift. Much of this was all establish because the company had also wanted to connect the No. 6 shaft with the No. 4 shaft, by a drift that was to provide an auxiliary exit from the workings. Company managers had also decided to further develop this section by adding another drift that runs northwest to the station property. All of this work was said to have continued further when more veins became discovered and drifts with the establishment of stoping was being use to extract this ore. Most of the stoping was known to be carried out from the fourth to the second level of the Cobalt Lake Mining Operation. Nevertheless, another small scale winze shaft was soon being sunken from the fourth level to about 50 feet within the ground in order to examine the ore further.
As production became heavy, the Cobalt Lake Mining Company was now on another mission to further develop this mining ground. So all of this had happened when the company erected a 20 ton milling facility which was located near the No. 6 shaft operation. Soon enough the milling facility was in operation and all the ore was being hoisted by a bucket that had dumped the ore from the bucket into a skip that was once located near the shaft mouth. When the ore becomes dumped, it then goes through the milling cycle that passes over a bumping table, and after being hand sorted it goes through the crushers and the trammel. The trammel then separates all the rock into different sections depending on their size. Once this occurs the extracted jigged tailings material is then place through another crushing stage that's done at the 20 ton milling facility. Once the crushers have made this material into find powder from, the sand is then separated on Deister Sand table that picks up the silver. Most of the power is also commonly known to have been supplied by an energy company at the time of this development. The mill during this time period was also commonly considered to have treated 23,410 tons of ore that produced 541,570 ounces of silver towards the company's output of 1,123,146 ounces at the time.
A huge amount of development was taking place during the following year of 1913, when the company had establish a massive amount of development. All of this development was said to have created 1,319 feet of drifting, 1,885 feet of cross-cutting, and 90 feet of raising. Another winze shaft was also reported to have been sunk to a depth of 104 feet. Soon enough, the company had also made another connection between the No. 4 and No. 6 shafts, as this expansion was strongly considered to have provided better underground ventilation and another two exits located on both sides of each shaft. As this development was going on it was also said that it was connected at a vertical depth of 236 feet. Company managers had also started further developing this project when a drift was made on the lower level and had traveled underneath the No. 6 shaft production. All of this had soon started on a new construction phase of a newly designed vertical shaft that was to connect the lower working with the No. 6 shaft.
As further explorations continued within 1914, the company known had uncovered another system of veins the became classified as Vein No. 1 and No. 2. Almost all of the discovery of Vein No. 1 was encountered by a cross-cut that was driven west along the McKinley-Darragh-Savage boundary line, and has also been drifted on the 225 foot level for a distance of 320 feet to the Town site Extension Boundary. This whole entire geology zone was mainly made up from the Keewatin, and the Conglomerate lying from 15 to 20 feet above. These newly achieved silver discoveries had company officials extremely excited that they had wanted to conduct four raises within this level. These four raises would soon end up producing some more rich silver ore material to be processed at the company's on site 20 ton mill facility. Vein No. 2 was also considered to have brought the most success towards this mining venture as it produced a nice vein of pure silver content. All of this had contributed 600 feet of drifting towards this new location from both vein zones.
Another historical change would soon occur when the company was granted the privilege to drain Cobalt Lake, by Mr. T. E Godson, who was a mining commissioner during 1913. However not much of this operation was yet to be started as the company had future plans of draining this lake by the following year. This massive project was also not going to be considered as an easy task for the mining company to compete with.
The mill was also undergoing further changes when the company had to speed up production by adding another set of 20 stamps towards this facility. Even the cost wasn't considered so encouraging as the company had to throw away $45,000 towards this mill expansion. However, mill production was still continued during 1913, that had company officials processing 37,616 tons of ore, with an average silver content of 24.5 ounces of silver per a ton of rock. A massive tonnage of 1,000.4 tons of concentrate was also produced from this processing that contained a total of 803, 543 ounces of silver. Nevertheless, the company had other expenses to when a huge amount of money was also spend on maintaining this milling facility. The Cobalt Mining Company had roughly spent 54,764.20 on maintenances during the year alone in order to keep this milling operation running.
In 1914, the Mining Corporation of Canada Limited bought out numerous Cobalt area mines including the Cobalt Lake Mine. The lake was then drained to allow mining of veins located under the lake. A local doctor disputed resident's concerns about possible disease from the water by saying that, "the waters were a gift of nature, but since they were now so polluted there was no real drawback to draining the lake. Further mining continued but wouldnt last long as the silver market had plunge and many operations had no choice but to fold for good. The Cobalt Lake Mine was rather known as one of those fantastic mining operations that produced a lot of silver back in the day. Not much remains of this legendary mining operation but that was much different from its recenty years of being active.