The Canada Copper Corporation, Limited, and the British Columbia Copper Company, Limited was once again on the move in 1915, when preporations were being made to construct this mining operation. Most of this development had occurred because the Greenwood Smelter was in need of more sulphide ore resources for operation procedures. At the time it was reported that this mine did not ship any ore resources within the year of 1915, as costs were being determined in developing this mine site.
Ore shipment from this mining operation had soon totalled 6,510 dry tonnes of ore that was taken from the mine in 1915. Almost all assaying from this deposit was known for grading 0,082 ounces of gold, 0,193 ounces of silver per a ton, and 2.60 percent copper, Within this time period the Canada Copper Corporation would also complete minor development on this project that totalled 697 feet of drifting, and raising. Even further upgrading was completed when the company added a brand new sorting belt that soon processed 14 percent of the ore as waste material. Ore reserves within the Lone Star Mine became estimated at 170,000 tonnes of available ore within this mine site. It was also predicted that the mine might have some more ore reserves that will be further uncovered during development work. This mine was also owned and operate by two companies that became identified as the Canada Copper Corporation, Limited, and the British Columbia Copper Company, Limited.
Mining within the province of British Columbia, was rather continuous industry that spark much attention to this area during the Caribou Gold Rush. As mining continued many prospectors soon had started to transform this land further by establishing many hardrock mining operations. Some of these mining zones soon had discovered a wide selection of minerals that became uncovered within the British Columbia Mountain Range. One of these mines to become uncovered was commonly known as the Oro Denoro Copper-Gold Mine, This whole entire discovery was first notice in 1898, by a prospector who became identified as W.A Gorbett. He was soon granted the land by the Crown who controlled all mining rights in British Columbia at the time. In addition the prospector would immediately start to uncover the vein he had discovered when an exploration adit was driven into the hill side for 30 meters. He soon notice that the mineralization within the future Oro Denoro Mine was a continuous operation to persuade mining companies. At the time this mine became quickly purchase by a syndicate who had conducted further explorations of this site. After uncovering more resources the company decided to incorporate their own mining company as the KIng Mining Company had token full control of this project. At the time this mining zone was rather being well prepared before any more development continued to take place. They would additionally set up camp that soon became called the Silver Summit as the project was rather being developed.
Mining projects within the beginning of 1898, were rather becoming extensive when the company started developing this mining operation. At the time it was reported that the adit was being further expand as the ore was being stockpile from this location. Even shaft development soon had occurred when the company sank a shaft to a depth of 225 feet below ground levels. This would create even more working when the shaft was being expanded by two levels that soon totalled 800 feet in drifting, and crosscutting. Development, and small amount of production would continued to take place from 1898 to 1900.
Almost all mining activities at the Oro Denoro Mine became abandoned until a new company was incorporated to take over this mining project in 1903. The company who decided to stake, and develop this claim became recongnize as the Denoro Mines, Limited of Rossland. Not to mention the mine would go under a complete name change as it was now being reorganized into the Oro Denoro Mine. At the time it was reported that all underground mining operations became resumed which soon shipped several tonnes of ore to the Anaconda Smelter in Greenwood, British Columbia. Most of the ore was rather being taken from the quarries as it the adit became expanded. Most of the copper bearing ore that became discovered from this location was being taken from the No. 1 and No. 1 quarries. Development, and production would continue to take place for the next three years before the mine was purchased by the British Columbia Copper Company, Limited.
In 1906, the mine was fully purchased by the British Columbia Copper Company, Limited. Almost all development on this mining zone became officially resumed once again as the copper prices were pretty high at the time. To fully start production the company would need to enlarge the 700 foot adit zone as it still contained several tonnes of ore. Almost all of this development would take nearly two years to complete before the company could move onto phase 2.
Phase 2 of this development procedure was officially commenced in 1908, when the company had completed 130 feet of sinking. This whole entire development was considered to have taken place on the second portion of this mining operation. With this section expanding the company would also open this up even more when a total of 70 feet of crosscutting became achieved. By this time the company also had place major development phases within the adit zone. With new reserves being encountered from drilling the company had soon engineer their own internal winze shaft. The Internal Winze shaft was actually very extensive as it was sunken to a depth of 80 meters below the surface of the main adit level. As the mine continued to expand it was soon being further explored when a total of 1,432 feet of diamond drilling was completed on the newly developed sections. Production from the mine was rather continuous till about 1911, when the mine was slowly becoming abandoned. Some opening became made in 1916, but the mine would be left for closure by November, 1918. In all production the Oro Denoro Mine was well known to have extracted 136,477 tonnes of ore that produce 3.744 ounces of gold, 30,652 ounces of silver, and 3,727,194 pounds of copper. Ore within the Oro Denoro Mine is known to be associated with a 2.4 kilometer long, north-south alignment of Skarn Deposits. Much of this whole entire area is rather covered with four historical mining operations that are identified as the Emma and Jumbo claims to the North and the Cyclops, and Lancashire Claims to the south.
Production at the mine was first officially started in 1903, and would be taken from large size stopes that became developed by the year of 1911. Almost all the ore at this time was taken from the first and second mining levels, and five open pit operations. The copper within the Oro Denoro Mine was taken from the most southerly open pit operations that became determined as the No. 1 and 2 pits. The trend of the excavations appears to follow the course of a number of large steeply dipping calcite lenses in the skarn by the granodiorite contact which is near the north wall. Quarry No. 3, centred about 60 metres north of Nos. 1 and 2, is the second largest pit. Here the mineralization was concentrated in a tongue of skarn projecting deep into the granodiorite mass. Quarries Nos. 4 and 5, centred about 45 metres northwest of No. 3, are relatively small. The magnetite rich ore was situated between a small remnant of limestone in the skarn and the granodiorite. Control of the mineralization appears to be east-west cross fractures trending approximately perpendicular to bedding in the limestone host rocks.
The most recent excavation, which is located immediately west and south of the old quarries, is an open pit, 150 metres long and 45 metres wide, developed mainly in garnetite skarn at the summit of Oro Denoro's 'Mine hill'. The target of these workings was a mineralized zone near the south end of the pit. The mine area is traversed by a number of ore controlling faults. The most significant is a pronounced shear that strikes 120 degrees from the north end of the main pit and through No. 1 quarry. Important movement on this zone has resulted in the emplacement of exotic formations in the skarn such as a wedge of carbonaceous schist in the main pit and epidotized volcanic breccia along the south wall of No. 1 quarry. Of less importance are two minor faults dipping 80 degrees east and 75 degrees southeast causing local displacements in the skarn-granodiorite contact.
Ore reserves at Oro Denoro comprise, in part, the sills and pillars in the old underground workings below the Granby pit. This mineralization is exposed in the lower adit level. More than several hundred thousand tonnes of ore grading in excess of 0.5 per cent copper may still remain in the mine according to old reports. Indicated resources were estimated at 1,058,700 tonnes of 0.95 per cent copper, 0.7 gram per tonne gold and 10.3 grams per tonne silver. In 1967, W.J. Weymark estimated the following: reasonably assured, indicated and possible ore reserves at 42,460,000 tonnes grading 0.92 per cent copper, 0.82 grams per tonne gold, and 10.97 grams per tonne silver. This breaks down to 3,524,400 tonnes of reasonably assured ore grading 1.32 per cent copper, 0.82 grams per tonne gold, and 10.97 grams per tonne silver; 18,388,600 tonnes of indicated ore grading 0.80 per cent copper, 0.82 gram per tonne gold, and 10.97 grams per tonne silver; 6,331,200 tonnes of possible ore grading 0.75 per cent copper, 0.79 gram per tonne gold, and 10.97 grams per tonne silver; and 14,216,500 tonnes of possible ore, below the diorite sill, grading 1.07 per cent copper, and minor gold and silver.
The history behind the Emma Gold Mine discovery is known to take place when William Mackenzie, Donald Mann, and W.T Smith, were expanding the railway line in 1897. It was within this time period when the three train engineers had discovered a Skarn Zone during construction of the railway line. They immediately had decided to purchase these claims as they were rather after the rich iron ore within the mountain. Most of this whole entire mining operation had started of as a massive Iron deposit, and was extracted by open pit mining. Their main attention was to determine how valuable the iron ore was in order to possibly supply the ore to the smelters within the area. After finding enough Iron the man decided to persuade some of the smelters near by to purchase the claims. One of the most fascinated companies who decided to lease the claims in 1902, was known as the owners of the Hall Mine's Smelter. It soon became determined that W.T Smith had a claim that consisted of several tonnes in Iron Ore that was rich enough for the smelter. By that time the company had purchase all the interests to his own rights while William Mackenzie, and Donald Mann had later sold their claims. With the mine being officially place under development the company who owned the Hall Mine's smelter had taken 11,500 tonnes of ore that year.
Another sell of was made on June, 1904, when William Mackenzie, and Donald Mann had sold their interest of the claims to the British Columbia Copper Company. After doing further extensive explorations the company also discovered many other types of mineralization at depth. Some of these indications had gave assays of Gold, Copper, Silver, Zinc, Germanium, Cobalt, and Molybdenum. It was at this time when the mine would become transformed from an open pit operation to a whole new underground mining operation. Further planning was being done at the time to mine this zone for It's potential minerals that were discovered at greater depths.
A huge development phase was underway within the year of 1905, when the British Columbia Copper Company had sunk the first shaft. It was within this time period that the company was transforming the old open pit into a newly developed mining zone. By this time it was reported that a two compartment shaft was being officially sunken to a depth of 80 meters below ground levels. It was also being developed by one level the was driven on the 45 meter level of this mining operation. As the mine continued to reach further depths it was soon becam evident that another level was being opened up on the 80 meter level. With the mine being further developed the company had to install the much needed structures to make this mine an all electrical mining operation. Even the ore from this mine was proven to be well fitted with the production of ore that was being taken from the Motherlode Gold Mine. Milling of this ore was being tested with the concentration of copper matte that came from both mines, and was processed at the Anaconda Smelter. There was other problems that the company soon face as ore within the Motherlode Copper Mine was becoming exhausted. With this taking place the company secured rights to mine a few mining operations near by. These operations had included some other small size mining projects like the Oro Denoro, and B.C Mine Projects. With ore becoming exhausted in the Emma Mine, the company decided to sell this operation to the Granby Consolidated who owned the nearby Granby Mine in 1907.
The iron ore within the Emma Mine was soon proven to be very unsatisfactory in grading, and was also rather not working well with the Greenwood Smelter. So in addition the company was getting ready to sell this mining operation as the shaft was kept dewatered for examination purposes in 1912. Nothing else had occurred as the mine was undergoing closure procedures in order to sell this claim to a company who needed the ore for smelting purposes. By this time period the company was already negotiating on the sale of this property within that year of placing the mine for sale.
Almost all mining operations were being mainly focus on the Oro Denoro Open Pit that was newly developed. The company also owned their very own smelter at Grand Forks, that had use the iron as flux within the furnaces. This proven to have been very satisfactory as it seemed to have separated the metal content from the rock very well. Some more changes soon had taken place when the Granby Consolidated had decided to develop mines else where. Almost all their operations we're now being focus in Anyox, as they we're designing a new smelter in this newly unexplored mining zone. In addition it was reported that Granby Consolidate would sell the Emma Mine in 1916 after a bad fire had damage the mine's head-frame, and hoisting plant in February 1912. The Emma Mine was officially being transferred over to the CP's Consolidated Mining, and Smelting division,
Development on this mining operation was continued in 1917, when the company was able to extract a total of 34,000 tonnes from this productive mine in 1918. This production was rather known as the largest extractions that came from the Emma Mine within this year. Further so it was reported that the Consolidated Mining and Smelting Division had soon extracted less ore from this mine as it was slowly becoming exhausted. Soon enough the ore was now exceeding a total production rate of 21,273 tonnes in 1919, before dropping to 18,000 tonnes by 1920. All production from 1901 to 1921, had totalled 241,538 tonnes that contained 211.0 Kilograms of gold, 2,434 kilograms of silver, and 2,530 tonnes of copper.
In general being the Keystone Gold Mine is commonly located on the west side of the Keystone River, that's located 6 kilometers north of Coquihalla Lakes. These bodies of water are known to be found in the province of British Columbia, Canada. Almost all discoveries at this location became reported to have been uncovered within the early 1900's. It wasn't till 1935 when the mine was officially being developed by new interest in this mining property. Although this mine wasn't really a productive operation as it would only be further explored by an adit at the time.
It wasn't till about 1955, when the mining operation had seen extensive development taking place by an unknown mining company. The new owners would additionally construct two levels within this adit zone as it became further driven. As development continued the unknown company was working on the No. 1 vein zone that was known for traveling between two adit level. This whole entire geological formation was mainly made up of Quartz, Calcite, and rhodochrosite that was associated with pyrite, galena, sphalerite, and rare Tetrahedrite. This ore body averages 5 to 10 centimeters wide, but is known to pinch out, and swell from a centimeter wide pyrite-gouge clay zone to a 30 centimeter wide massive pyrite quartz vein with minor base metals. These massive veins are commonly considered to split, and branch through out this mining operations at the lower level. So far indications have proven that this ore-body had a strike length of 275 meters that's been explored through underground development, and drilling. The company had even taken a total of 81 tonnes of ore that was shipped for processing, and sampling procedures. As explorations continued it soon became noted that this mining operation had consisted of three vein zones.
Assaying procedures from this mining operation had average silver values that range from 35 to 754 grams per a tonne. The mine had it's own gold deposit zone that assayed very low in precious metal base deposit zones that average 29. 5 grams that was taken from the upper level. Another silver discovery was also associated with this gold vein as it assayed 576 grams per a tonne. Further indications had revealed that the upper level is known to carry values 5.07 grams per a tonne in gold, and 275.7 grams of silver per a tonne of mined rock. The Coquihalla area has been actively explored since the early 1900s. The first mining exploration activity in the Juliet and Mine creeks area was in 1936 at the Keystone claims (092HNW024). In 1969, J. Christie staked the JM claims over anomalous copper-molybdenum soil values. During the late 1970s geological mapping, geochemical sampling, geophysical surveys, trenching and drilling were carried out. During 1978 and 1979, Western Mines carried out exploration work. The property was restaked in 1986 by G.F. Crooker as the Juliet claims. Reconnaissance soil and rock sampling were conducted. Quartz veins and quartz breccias were sampled and one grab sample yielded 1.75 grams per tonne gold and 100 grams per tonne silver. ncouraging results prompted Leigh Resource Corp. to option the property in 1987. A comprehensive work program was carried out on the property. Another exploration program was carried out in 1992. These two latter programs outlined a quartz stockwork breccia, approximately 900 metres long and 100 metres wide. Soil samples outlined anomalous gold, silver and copper. Rock samples also yielded anomalous values. In 1994, in addition to geological mapping and geophysical surveys, 457.32 metres of diamond drilling was completed in six holes.
The Stonewall adit is located on Mine Creek, an east flowing tributary of the Coldwater River, approximately 5 kilometres north of the Coquihalla Lakes and about 1 kilometre south of the the old Keystone mine.
The Stonewall adit is situated near the western margin of an Early Tertiary quartz diorite (Keystone) stock which has intruded the Late Jurassic and Early Cretaceous Eagle Plutonic Complex west of its contact with Late Triassic Nicola Group rocks. The stock has an estimated area of approximately 1300 by 2200 metres. The southern half of the stock is brecciated, as is the older granodiorite adjacent to it. The brecciation has been attributed to the emplacement of small stocks and dykes of porphyritic rhyolite. This event was apparently accompanied by pervasive alteration and the introduction of metallic mineralization.
Little is known about the veins developed in the Stonewall adit. It is reported to be narrow (5 to 10 centimeters wide), strike north-northeast and dip steeply. Sampled numerous times between 1939 and 1954, precious metal values were found to be generally low. The only assays of significance included several silver values "in excess of an ounce
Mining was rather a continous industry as prospecting continued and new claims became staked in the early 1900's. One of these mines to come into production was commonly known as the Ashlu Gold Mine. This small scale mining operation was first discovered in 1923, by a prospector known as F. Pykett and his associates. During this time period much of the work was being aimed a developing this mining zone by drilling an adit. It was soon determined that the prospector, and his team of miners had constructed 30 meters of underground development by 1924. At the time these claims weren't called the Ashlu Gold Mine as it was identified as the Golden King Group. Further explorations soon continued to take place for the next six years when another change was made in 1930.
This whole entire change would rename the claims as the were now known as the Gold Coin Group. These mining claims became owned by the Pykett Estate, C. Anderson, and R.V Carson. Further within the year of 1930, the group of prospectors would incorporate the Ashlu Gold Mining Syndicate. As these changes became made the company decided to construct it's very own 23 tonne per a day mill at the newly developed Ashlu Gold Mine.
The geology at the Ashlu Gold Mine is underlain by extensive area that are compose of quartz diorite, granodiorite, and diorite bodies of the Jurassic Cloudburst pluton of the Jurassic to Cretaceous Coast Plutonic Complex. These intrusions are know to occur within, and along the margins of Lower Cretaceous Gambier Group with greenstone forming the eastern boundary of a major northwest trending pendant to the east. In general being these pendants are known to be composed of andesite to rhyodacite flows, and pyroclastics, greenstone, argillite, and the minor zones of conglomerate, limestone, and schist.
Almost all mining that was done on the Ashlu Mine was taken along the plane of the vein zone. These veins are known to have dips of 25 to 30 degrees west with a striking zone at approximatley 010 degrees. At the lowest level its determined that the vein steepens to 35 degrees within this geological formation. The main quartz vein of this mining operation can be found on the hangingwall of the mine roof pendant that consists of biotite, and amphibole hornfels which strike 015 degrees, and is up to 4.6 meters in width. In addition the hangingwall that comes in contact with the pedant, are known to be strongly composed of Biotite Granodiorite.
Development of this mining operation is known to consist of a 120 meter drift adit driven southerly from Ashlu Creek. Most of the ore was removed by raising, and stoping procedures that were driven to the surface. It also had a water flooded interanal winze shaft that connects with drifts, and crosscuts for a total development footage of 300 meters below the main adit zone.There are also two drifts that are known to be developed some 30 to 60 meters below the adit zone. As it stands the mine site still has 89,350 tonnes of ore grading 8.57 grams per a tonne in gold, and 12.34 grams per a tonne of silver.
Mining at the Ashlu Mine was known to have continued till about 1939, when the ore within this project was reported to have depleted. Another staking on this property was made in 1947, by Giant Mines, and Metals Ltd. These staking were additionally made on the M2-5 Mineral claims, and over 1,000 meters of diamond drilling was also completed on this deposit zone.
Prospecting would further continue on this claim when Osprey Mining and Explorations, Limited had installed their own 91 ton milling facility in 1979. At the time the milling facility had rather acted as a prospecting mill in order to treat a total of 36 tonnes in 1984. As it stands the mine has been staked since 1994, and still is owned by the same owner.
The Mother Lode Mine was first discovered in 1891, when Richard Thompson, and William McCormick had uncovered rich copper ore that was associated with gold and silver. As this discovery became made they would soon stake a group of claims that would soon consist of the Mother Lode Property. Even within this time period the properties of the Greenwood Area, were very isolated as the nearest train was over sixty miles away. It was reported that the railway was located in the Columbia River Valley at the end of what was becoming the Kettle Waggon Road.
Once the base metal prices had slowly started to come up in value, the staking rush was officially on by 1898 once again. There was also planning to get rid of this isolation by constructing a railway line to the Greenwood area as several camps were already made. By this time period the group of two prospectors were rather once again on the move when they decided to sell their claims to a mining company. The company who bought these claims for $14,000, was known as the New York Boundary Mines Company. They would also acquire the adjoining properties to the Mother Lode MIne that became known as the Pimrose Fraction. By this time the company would start immediate development on these claims even if the Mother Lode Mine was not rich in ore. It still had resembled a massive deposit zone that was well worth mining for at the time of staking this claimed area.
Another major event was rather occurring in 1898, when the new Midway C&W Extension was rather uncovered within this time period. It would rather make L.W Mayer and its principals in the Boundary Mines Company incorporate the British Columbia Copper Company. Almost all of this reorganization was taking place in the State of West Virginia, that soon had its own capitalization of $1 million. The company was officially registered in British Columbia on April, 28, of that year. Further so this was rather done because the company had other plans to buy out the Boundary Mines Company, and to build its own smelter to extract the copper concentrate from the Mother Lode Mine. Even with this taking place the company would also acquire adjoining claims to this mining operation. These claims became recognized as the Big Ledge, Spotted Horse, Pimrose, Ten Broeck, Don Julio, and the Sunflower Claims. At the time the company known as British Columbia Copper Company had also set out towards developing their own Anaconda Smelter that would be situated beside the ore that the Boundary Mines had stockpiled on Boundary Creek. Transportation at this time was very poor as the CPR had slowly connected a railway line that they called the Colombia, and Western Railway. In addition this railway line was push further into the wilderness of the city they would all Greenwood, and a 6 mile long spur line soon had connected with the Mother Lode Mine.
The British Columbia Copper Company was also a few day away in building a smoke stacks as this development was officially completed on Monday, Febuary, 18, 1901. Even the process in concentrating the copper, gold, and silver was well supplied by the Edwd. P Allis Company of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. These major pieces of equitment were well suited for the job, and soon became installed by an engineer known as Paul Johnson, and his team. With the mill some what up and running, the company was rather processing the ore that was coming from the Mother Lode Mine. Even investors became interested in this project when the company had soon fired up its second furnace in June of 1902. With the furnaces up,and running, the company was still able to produce 45% of the copper matte. With low indications the copper matter had to be sent to the Granby Consolidated Smelter in order to be converted into 98% pure blister copper, moulded into anodes, and shipped typically to the Balbach Smelting, and Refining Company in Newark, New Jersey, which extracted the silver, and gold. Production from the mine within this time period was strongly known to have treated several tonnes of ore that totalled 160,000 tonnes.
At this point the company was well concerned with costs in having Granby process its matte. So in addition the company was left with no other choice but to insall a Bessemer Converter, which enabled the Anaconda Smelter to swallow 700 tonnes of Mother Lodes ore per a day in order to obtain a little more than a ton of blister. Company officials had also gotten the much needed 20,000 volts of electricity from the Cascade Water, Power, and Light Company's substation at Phoenix. Within that year alone the smelter would also process a huge amount of ore that totalled 210,500 tonnes of ore. In total production the company had obtained a value of $652,000 in copper, $728,000 in Gold, and 68,000 in silver.
In order to obtain the much need mine life the British Columbia Copper Company had to find more copper rich ore in order to keep the Anaconda Smelter running. By 1905, the company decided to purchase more ground that soon included Emma Group, Oro Denoro, Lonestar, and the Washington Mines, just across the 49 parallel in Washington. Further changes soon took place in 1906, when the company decided to remove the Anacondas old furnaces, and had a company known as Power, and Mining Machinery Company install three 700 ton per a day units.
After being finically unstable from reaching its line of credit towards upgrading the furnaces, the company would soon abandoned mining operations in 1907. The closure came upon the company when a huge event had taken place, and North America had soon slipped in a recession following the panic on Wall Street. Soon enough the Anaconda Smelter would be re-open along with its Mother Lode Mine project as this recession became passed in 1908. The value of copper at the time was known to be at 10 cents a pound that would make this company upgrade its smelter once again. Even the huge tramline was shipping a huge amount of copper down the mountain as it was able to handle 2,000 tonnes of ore per a day.
The price of Copper had rose in 1909, when it was known to have valued at 12 cents per a pound in New York. This would allow the British Columbia Copper Company to expand its tramway by resizing two of its three furnaces to handle a capacity of 2,500 tonnes per a day. Even two 15 tonne Baldwin-Westinghouse Locomotives were busy hauling all the slag out to the dump yard from the milling facility. Production almost each day was achieving 45,000 pounds of 99.3% pure blister copper that was poured from the converters for dispatch to the Eastern Refineries. These refining facilities were mainly in charge of extracting the gold content that average 50 ounces of silver, and 15 ounces of gold per a ton of material mined.
All mining operations at the Motherlode Mine became suspended by the end of 1915. Before the closure had occurred the company, and it's workers would hoist a total of 3,000 tonnes of ore from the mine. At the time most of this ore was rather high in grade that produce a huge amount of revenue that totalled $412,000 in bullion recovered. After a short closure the mine was once again back in action on June, 15, 1915. At the time most of the flooding had occurred within the lower levels of the workings. So this major down fall had company officials pumping out the water from this mining operations. By this time the company would commence expansions of these levels when the tracks became relaided, and the working had been prepared. Even the main hoisting system was completely removed within this time period of developing the mining operation. The reason for removing this hoist was because the company was getting ready to extract the ore from the hoist pillar. With this redevelopment occurring the company would place the hoists on the opposite side of the main shaft.
Almost all the ore that became shipped that year was known for totalling 105,085 dry tonnes of ore from the Mother Lode Mine. In all assaying it was reported that this ore had graded 0.037 ounces of gold, 0.21 ounces of silver, and 0.8746 percent copper, 28.5 percent silica, 22.22 percent iron, 17.7 percent lime, and 3.15 percent sulphur. More ore production would soon supply the mills with the right amount of ore as a rockfall from the hanging wall of the Quarry had provided more resources for next years shipment. In addition this would all be handcombed in order to get the most highest grade ore ready for shipments in 1916. All the ore that was shipped within 1915, became stoped out from the underground workings to the south of the Quarry location.
At the time it was also very hard to calculate the ore reserves within the Mother Lode Mining project. The reasoning for this to have occurred was because the ore was being extracted by different mining methods, and in large quantities. With development occurring on the shaft pillar, the company soon had realize that the ore was slowly becoming exhausted in 1915. So with no other choices the company decided to focus on the remaining ore-bodies within the levels, and the pillars. It was reported that the company had guess this mine contained another possible 50,000 tonnes from these sections. Another 50,000 tonnes was also reported to have been found within the quarrying operations that totalled an ore reserve of 100,000 tonnes. At the time it was reported that the mine was owned by two companies who became known as the Canada Copper Corporation, Limited and the British Columbia Copper Company, Limited.
The Mother Lode and Nugget claims came to a sudden closure in 1916, when the mine was being sold off during this time period. It was reported that an option to purchase these claims became granted to a prospector by the name of R.S Leanie, and associates from Vancouver, and Spokane. This whole entire sale had included the mines, mill, and the rights to mine this land.