The Mackey Point Prospect was first uncovered by a local prospector who was known as Mr. William Teddy, who was on the hunt for visible gold veins within Wawa, Ontario, Canada However the Mackey Point prospect was soon sold to another prospector by the name of J.M Dickson before he also sold the claim. Soon enough some stripping and test trenching was conducted J.J Mackey and his associate named J.H. Caverhill. These two part time prospectors would soon uncover the Mackey Occurrence Zone that was not considered a mine but a prospecting location. Nevertheless the two prospectors had soon started on a whole new development of an Incline shaft that went down 40 feet below the surface. In general being the great Mackey No.1 shaft was also known to be located on claim Y103 and had now establish 30 feet of crosscutting that was done on the 40 foot level. As production started to pick up, Mackey decided it was time to create a name for his historical industrial business in order to meet mine regulation requirements. All in all, the two rookie prospectors decided on calling their own exploration company the Great Northern Mine Exploration and Development Corporation of Ontario Ltd. However it wouldn't take to long before all mining operations had soon ceased when there wasn't enough financing to keep the mine running. So in 1934, another known as the Consolidated Mining and Smelting Co of Canada Ltd., had soon taken all control of this small scale prospect and had even abandoned all the old developments. The reason for doing this was because the company had other plans in developing a second operation on a newly establish claim known as Y104. All development procedures were now being conducted on the new claim when company officials had sunk two shafts. The very first shaft was known as a 25 degree incline shaft which was considered to be sunken to a depth of 253 feet below ground levels. Underground mine development had soon sky rise when company officials had constructed two ore producing levels that became situated on the mines 100, and 200 foot sections, Additionally to this whole set up the company also had to strip a majority of vegetation that earthed this mine and had also done several trenching procedures before sinking a shaft. Nevertheless as underground working became so extensive the mine project was now totaling 183 feet of drifting and 61 feet of crosscutting on both levels. There was also another diamond drilling phase being conducted that had obtained 4,835 feet of core sample to be examined from the mines underground levels. Another company shaft known as the No.2 shaft was on another movement when company managers had soon sunken the shaft down to about 43 feet below ground levels so that they could do further testing. However nothing encouraging came from these procedures so the mine became officially closed down by the end of 1936. As the mine slowly became abandoned a new corporation known as the Mackey Gold Mines Limited had try to test their own luck on this claim by establishing trenching. stripping, and more then 4,000 feet of drilling before also abandoning further development. Nothing else seem to get this mining operation going besides leaving the shafts to become water filled and abandoned for decades to come.