Some other mining operations which took its own shape in the small settlement town of Wawa, Ontario, Canada, became known as the Holdsworth Gold Mine Project. This small scale gold mining operation was first discovered in 1933, by John Holdsworth. As this prospector had came upon the rich gold mineralization on his property, He himself did not know what this flakey yellow stuff was. He assume this natural occurring resource to by pyrite but wanted to make sure that it wasn't actually gold. Nevertheless, John himself decided to send some samples to the geology lab for further results on what his potential finding could be. As the prospector had obtain a detailed report from the laboratory, this mineralization was indeed marked as gold. For the four years, John Holdsworth had started further prospecting on his own claim before it was purchased by another mining firm. Historically this massive mining company was commonly known as the Sooncana Mining Company, who had underwent several of their own geological examinations. Some these exploration stages would included further diamond drilling which establish six diamond drill holes and some trenching was also performed on the main vein zone. Within the same year, company officials had even started on developing its very own milling facility to treat all the extracted ore that was to come from this mining zone. Some other mining methods that soon took places had included some crosscutting that was aimed towards the main gold vein. As all of these extractions we're commonly taking place, company officials were able to obtain a sixty bulk sample that was to be assayed at the milling facility. However the test results from the milling compound weren't so encouraging for the company to develop this mining zone further. So nevertheless. the mining project it self never did come back to life but it was explored by many other companies. Some of these mining legends who decided to take on the challenge became identified as the Falconbridge Nickel Company Limited, Compass Gold Mines Limited, Erie Canadian Mines Limited and the Sylvanite Gold Mines Limited. All of these exploratory mining procedures had commonly been conducted through 1935 till it came to another silent abandoncy five years later. No further work was being establish on this claim till about 1982, when this exploration site became re-claimed by the great Falconbridge Nickel Company Limited, who had completed an airborne geophysical survey over this mining property. Besides completing a Airborne Geophysical survey, they also started on other explorations like underground geophysical surveying, mapping, and 3 diamond drill holes that totaled 395 meters of core sampling to be examined. By the end of 1989, the Falconbridge Nickel Company Ltd. had decided to once again abandon this mining project as it wasn't revealing anything promising from the ground. No other production was taking place since that time period as the mining ground hasn't been explored since the late 1980's.