Magnetite Iron was first discovered on this property in 1944, when it was describe by Moorehouse in a report
1952 - Staked by Dominion Gulf Company
It was at this time when the company had commence explorations on the Kokoko Iron property, which was located in Cynthia Township, Nipissing District, Ontario, Canada. Company officials from the Dominion Gulf Company had staked 11 claims around Ferrim Lake, and was considered as a large group of claims staked along an iron formation. The whole entire KoKoKo Iron formation is known to extend from Kokoko Lake to the south of Ferrim Lake, and into Chambers Township.
Explorations at the time had consisted of geological and magnetometer surveying on this property. This whole entire surveying procedure resulted in the cutting of North-South Lines at 400 foot intervals. Further surveying and mapping procedures were also being conducted at 200 intervals on these lines. Even more explorations commence when a the company conducted an extensive surface program. This whole entire surface program had included 2,927 feet of trenching, and 1,339 feet of rock trenching. A small amount of diamond drilling with an unknown length was also being conducted at the time. Core sample results indicated that the iron formation starts at 300 feet, and goes to a depth of 1,000 feet.
Further examinations revealed that this iron formation is known to occur in a ridge trending in a general northeast-southeast direction. Other statements had also stated that the iron outcroppings are considered to occur as shoals in Kokoko Lake, and ground magnetometer surveying suggest that Ferrin Lake is underlain by iron formations also. Even more examinations were made when this iron formation was made up of alternating band of magnetite, silica, jasper, and minor amounts of martite. Magnetite was also interbedded with Jasper alone, and other where the magnetite is only interbedded with the silica. in the form of fine-grained quartz or chert. Higher grading's were also reported to have been made in the interbedded jasper, and magnetite lenses. Much of the whole entire formation is brecciated, with the fragments being cemented by the silica.
Another ore-body was also discovered in the central area of this iron formation, and had a width of 416 feet, and a length of 3,000 feet. It was rather stated that this ore-body was traced from claim L 20 E, to L 42 E. Explorations had resulted in a third ore-body, which was said to have been 170 feet wide, and 1,400 feet in length. Some more prospecting of the area soon resulted in a continuation of the ore-body from L 42 E to L 52 E.
Other minerals also became discovered within this formation that included small pockets of sulphide deposits zones. Pyrite was stated to have been the usual sulphide with some pyrrhotite, and minor amounts of chalcopyrite. Further statement from the company had stated that the most interesting sulphide zone was discovered in claim L 48 E at 1,000 feet south of the base line C. The zone was 6 feet wide in the basalt of an ryohlite contact, which was very well mineralized with finally disseminated pryyhotite, and magnetite formations. Sampling of this area had resulted in grades of Au (Nil), traces of Ag, and 0.02% Nickel.
Some more explorations of the area had resulted in a massive pyrite zone, which was within a rhyolite formation zone on L 25 E, and 1,450 feet south of base line C. Other pyrite mineralizations with rhyoliye are also known to occur on L 40 E. Only low gold and silver values were considered to have been pick up from these sulphide formations within the iron.
1954 - Still staked, and owned by Dominion Gulf Company
A minor amount of explorations had taken place within this time period as diamond drilling consisted of 4 surface holes, totalling 2,822 feet in length.
1956 - Ownership change went to the hands of Jalore Mining Company
1956 - Property taken over by Canadian Astoria Minerals
Diamond drilling had taken place, and consisted of drilling shallow holes in the center of the property.
1963- Property taken over by Gold Ray Mines, Limited
Explorations at the time had consisted of three surface holes, totalling 500 m in length.
1970 - Jones and Laughlin Steel corporation made an acquisition on the property.
Metallurgical testing was officially taking place, when 4 samples were obtained from the Kokoko Iron Range.
1998 - Ag Ameno Mines, and Minerals Inc. had staked this property
It was within this time period when the company had completed a ground geophysics survey on the property.
Falconbridge, Limited had driven ten diamond drill holes focused on the southern third of the property. Diamond drilling within this time period soon had intersected several sulphide mineralization hosting copper, iron, and nickel with silver and gold..
2007- 2012 - Staked by Pantheon Ventures Ltd.
Another ground geophysics survey was conducted on the property The whole entire work program had consisted of ground line cutting to extend existing geotechnical grid in the Ferrin Lake area. Other areas were also being explored to the north, and west of Tesse and Nellen Lakes. Other surveys that took place included a magnetometer walk mag survey, VLF-EM Surveying (Very low frequency), and Horizontal Loop Electromagnetics surveying techniques.
Even more sulphide showing were also discovered on the R.A. Gibson mineral occurrence. Examinations of this property had resulted in base metal discoveries containing lead and zinc in semi to massive sulphide zones. Much of the whole entire formation was considered to have been associated with significant quartz vein systems with gold mineralization.