McCauley. They both had started their own development operations by constructing a large size three compartment shaft. Between 1936 to 1938 the large size shaft was completely sunken down to 378 feet and consisted of 6,080 feet of lateral development. So with no other words in describing this claim the two decided to call it The Harmiston-McCauley Mine,
In 1938 the mine was soon sold of to another mining firm that's commonly identify as the Consolidated mining and smelting. Co. of Canada. Company owners we're strongly known for establishing a lot of production within
this claim it self. Some of this production included many different mining methods like stripping the land for potential resources, sampling the ground for further development , prospecting the area for any more mineral resources, trenching, and sinking it's own shaft to 457 feet. According to the information i have obtained from local interests, the mine it self consisted of more then 8,000 feet of trenching. The mines development phase was also consider to have added another 425 feet from its previous 6,080 feet of lateral development. Besides just lateral development the Hermiston McCauley Mine had also produced 13,219 tonnes of pure grade ore resource. Within this time period the company would also open up new sections when the 350 foot level became developed. Even further lateral development would soon commenced on this level when 2,102 feet of drifting, and 790 feet of crosscutting became establish. As development commenced the company soon had hoisted 13,151 tonnes of waste to the surface to become added to the massive ore piles at this location. Before the lease became dropped the company also place significant exploration procedures towards this property that included conducting a small diamond drilling phase of 32 hole that totalled 3,448 feet. With no other choice the company was force to abandoned this mining project as the lease became dropped by the owners.
By 1940 the company had completely abandon operation phases at it's Harmiston-McCauley mine site. However another prospector by the name of E.L MacVeigh had soon staked this claim in 1969 for further examination. But with no results in finding any new ore resources, the mine was completely abandon once again before it was re-staked by Royal Gold and Silver Corp in 1984. Here the company had only did a small amount of work towards the mines milling structure. This decision was made under an agreement with the municipality of Temagami, Ontario, Canada. Although this milling operation had soon cease due to low ore resources within its own mine productions. The exact date is unknown but its was some where between 1985 and 1986 when the mills close. Nevertheless this mining operation would once again re-open as the Cominco Limited had re-stake this claim in 1986. They additionally had done some surface sampling before dewatering
the shaft. In addition to its depth the shaft was commonly recognized for reaching 1,232 feet before it also came to a closure. This main mine closure was manly done due to low ore resources within it's own production line. Nothing never seems to stop this mine from entering production as several companies became well known for operating it while others not so much. Another company who sort of took pride in running this mine was known as Sudbury Contact Mines Ltd. The company it self had never exceeded any production phase besides just mapping the site and sampling it for any more resources. With no results in finding a vein company officials decided to also call it quits as the Nickel and gold wasn't there.