Another staking was made in 1935, when the historical New Golden Rose Mining Company, Limited had taken over this claim. Within this time period it was reported that J. Bradley. Strait was the main owner who incorporated the company on April, 1925. All mining operations within that year had also been worked under the direction of the Consolidated Mining and Smelting Company of Canada, Limited. This whole entire staking also included another mining operation that was known as the Afton Mine Site.
Further mining operations had continued in 1936, when the 2 compartment vertical winze from the adit level was carried through to the surface, and converted into a three compartment shaft. In addition it was reported that this whole entire procedure was done by slashing the adit to it's full depth. In addition this also had made the shaft reach significant depths of 482 feet below surface levels. It was also reported that the adit level became cut, and stationed on the mines 60 foot level. There was also other levels that became cut and station on the mines 150, 275, and 400 foot levels. With new development taking place the company would reconstruct these sections as they were now being called the 216, 341, and 466 foot levels. As this occurred the company would also start developing these productive levels further within that year. Almost all development would first take place on the adit level which had a total lateral development of 323 feet of crosscutting completed. Another level which was known as the 216 foot level became further expanded when it now had a devempment footage of 38 feet of drifting, and 270 feet of crosscutting. Some more development work would also take place on the mines 341 foot level that was extended by 1,001 feet of drifting, 554 feet of crosscutting, and 60 feet of raising was started. Besides extending these three levels the company would also expand another level at 466 feet. More so this whole entire level had a total development footage of 834 feet of drifting, 422 feet of crosscutting, and 200 feet of raising that was done within that year.
Some more development had also taken place on the much needed structures when the company would start to engineer it's very own plant. It was reported that this newly designed plant had included 3 Polar Atlas Diesel Engines of 295 H.P each. There was also additions made to the third engine that had driven a 1,325 cubic foot Ingersoll Rand Compressor, and Ingersoll Rand Double Drum Electric hoist also became installed that year.
More construction would commence when the company place development procedures towards a 100 tonne cyanide milling facility. At the time it was reported that this milling facility was 70 present completed, and included a 4 by 12 foot Hadsel Western Mill, two 8 by 24 foot Dorr Thickeners, five 14 by 14 foot Dorr Agitators, two Oliver filters, and a Merrill Crowe Precipitation Unit.
Other building that became constructed had included the company's power house, bunk house, cookery, several dwellings, head-frame, and a 30,000 gallon water tank was installed. The company at the time had also employed a high number of employees that totalled 99 miners that was done under the direction of D.C McKechnie.
By 1937, the New Golden Rose Mining Company was once again expanding mining operations at their newly developed Golden Rose Mine Site. By this time it was reported that the three compartment vertical shaft was sunken an additional 247 feet as it was now reaching a depth of 735 feet below the shaft collar. With the mining operation continuing to expand the company would also cut new levels that became located at 591, and 735 feet. The 591 foot level became opened up by a crosscut that was driven for a distance of 155 feet at the time of developing this level that year. It was also reported that the 735 foot level was opened up by another crosscut that became extend for a distance 217 feet by crosscutting also. There was no raising or drifting completed on these levels at the time of opening them for further production.
As mining operations continued to operate throughout the year it was also reported that other mine levels became developed. In addition to this the New Golden Rose Mining Company, Limited would start expanding the 66 foot adit level when it had a total development footage of 9 feet of drifting, and 323 feet of crosscutting. The 216 foot level also became extended when it had it's own total lateral development of 172 feet of drifting, 330 feet of crosscutting, and 75 feet of raising was done in preparation for stoping. With mining operations continuing to be further developed it was also reported that a sub-level was constructed on the 316 foot level, and was only opened up by 30 feet of drifting. There was also more development taking place on the mines 341 foot level that became opened up by 1,442 feet of drifting, 564 feet of crosscutting, and 313 feet of raising with some stoping done on this level. As the vein zone had extended from the 341 foot level downwards the company would also construct the 396 foot sub-level. This whole entire level was opened up by 323 feet of drifting, 95 feet of crosscutting, and 16 feet of raising was started with some stoping also taking place. More development would also be commenced on the 466 foot level which had a total of 1,219 feet of drifting, 559 feet of crosscutting, and 276 feet of raising with some stoping taking place. Besides developing this mining project the New Golden Rose Mining Company, Limited had also started some more diamond drilling. Within this time period the company would establish a total of 2,620 feet of diamond drilling, in which 1,500 feet was completed from underground.
Production was also officially started when the 100 tonne cyanide mill had commence operation after being fully completed on July, 23, 1937. More equipment was also added when the company's miners had installed a 158 H.P Ruston-Hornsby Diesel Engine that was driven by a 720 cubic foot Belliss and Marcom Compressor which was added to the pant. With the mill up and running the company would end up processing a total of 16,811 tonnes of ore within that year. Nothing else would occur in 1937, as the mine was further developed, and explored.at the time.
Mining operations within 1938, had still continued under the direction of the Consolidated Mining, and Smelting Company, Limited. Almost all the work that year was being confined to further developing the underground levels of the New Golden Rose Mine. By this time the 66 foot adit level was now being once again expanded when it now had a total development footage of 9 feet of drifting, and 409 feet of crosscutting. Some more constructing had occurred on the mines 216 foot level that now became opened up by 385 feet of drifting, 330 feet of crosscutting, and 242 feet of raising. Even some more expanding would also take place on the mines 316 foot sub-level which was now opened up by 182 feet of drifting, and 83 feet of crosscuting. Anther level at 341 feet was also extend when it had a total lateral development footage of 1,818 feet of drifting, 715 feet of crosscutting, and 358 feet of raising. Development wouldn't stop here as the mines 396 foot sub-level also had been constructed further when it had a total lateral development footage of 1,325 feet of drifting, 187 feet of crosscutting, and 152 feet of raising. The 466 foot level at this time was also undergoing construction when it became further constructed to have a total lateral development footage of 1,819 feet of drifting, 719 feet of crosscutting, and 461 feet of raising. More development would also commence on the 591 foot level that was now achieving a total development footage of 412 feet of drifting, 216 feet of crosscutting, and 57 feet of raising was started that year. After completing this development throughout 1938, the company was able to hoist a total of 40,181 tonnes of ore that was also processed through the milling facility. In total diamond drilling the company had completed 14 surface holes totaling 5,315 feet, and another 38 holes totaling 4,351 feet was completed from underground explorations.
It was within 1939, when mining operations continued to take place throughout that year on the Golden Rose Mine Project. Much of this had included extending the 341 foot level that was now totaling a total development footage of 2,032 feet of drifting, 790 feet of crosscutting, and 486 feet of raising. Some more development that year would also expand the workings on the mines 396 foot sub-level, which now had been opened up by 1,754 feet of drifting, 263 feet of crosscutting, and 272 feet of raising. Another level located on the mines 466 foot level became further developed that year as it had its own lateral development footage of 2,247 feet of drifting, 921 feet of crosscutting, and 833 feet of raising was done. Company officials from the new Golden Rose Mining Company, Limited would also develop a new sub-level that became cut on 526 foot level. This whole entire level was also being opened up to test the vein further as it was developed by 75 feet of drifting, and 38 feet of crosscutting. As expansions continued the mining company would also focus on constructing the 591 foot level by 875 feet of drifting, 275 feet of crosscutting, and 510 feet of raising that was completed. The last level that was cut on the 716 foot level had also experience some development as the workings were expanded by 2,107 feet of drifting, 622 feet of crosscutting, and 75 feet of raising was done that year. From all development, and extractions the company was able to hoist a total of 36.190 tonnes of ore, in which the mill had processed a total of 36,195 tonnes.
Diamond drilling that year had amounted to three surface holes totalling 857 feet, and another 47 holes totalling 6,145 feet became drilled from underground. The New Golden Rose Mining Company, Limited would also explore the surface by 3,000 feet of trenching that went down to a depth of 2 1/12 feet. Beside exploration procedures the company would also add a 94 K.V.A , 480 volt generator, that was manufactured by the Canadian General Electric Company to it's operations.
Mining operations at the New Golden Rose Mine would continue to take place in 1940, when more expanding had occurred on this project. It was within that year when the company would place full development procedures towards a two compartment winze shaft that was inclined on a 43 degree angle. The two compartment internal winze shaft operation was being collared on the mines 716 foot level, and had went to a depth of 398 feet or 1,114 feet below the surface. There was also two newly developed production levels that became constructed on the mines 841, and 966 foot levels. This geological formation was also known to consist of high-grade pyrite that was mixed in with gold deposits and iron. With this development completed the mine had 12 producing levels within this time period of operating the mine site.
By 1940, it was also reported that development was being confined to expanding six levels of the New Golden Rose Mine Site. This whole entire development procedure would take place on the mines 466 foot level, which had a total lateral development of 2,247 feet of drifting, 926 feet of crosscutting, and 887 feet of raising. More expanding would also continue to take place when the company had done some development work on the mines 591 foot level. Almost all of this development had extended the workings further as it now had a total lateral development footage of 972 feet of drifting, 291 feet of crosscutting, and 594 feet of raising. In addition to this development, the company would also open up a new sub-level that became cut on the mines 651 foot level. By that time the workings within this newly developed sub-level had only consisted of 36 feet of drifting that was completed. Further expanding would also escalate on the 716 foot shaft level that was now totalling a lateral development footage of 2,351 feet of drifting, 743 feet of crosscutting, and 708 feet of raising.
Besides developing the main shaft levels the New Golden Rose Mining Company, Limited would also place development phases on constructing the 841, and 966 foot winze levels. At that time it was reported that the company would open the first level at 841 feet by 15 feet of drifting, while the 966 foot level became extended by 25 feet of drifting. Another huge amount of ore was hoisted from the mine workings that had totalled 38,810 tonnes of ore in which the milling facility would treat a total of 38,573 tonnes of ore that year.
Even more explorations had commence that year when five surface holes totalling 1,853 feet, and another 35 underground holes totalling 3,382 feet was completed. Some trenching also took place that year when the company had completed a total of 400 feet of surface trenching that was done to a depth of 2 feet. Even more installation continued to take place when the company had added a new electric unit, which had consisted of a Model 37C Fairbanks-Morse, 360 H.P Diesel engine, and a 480 volt, 60 cycle, 300 K.V.A Westinghouse generator.
Operations at the New Golden Rose Mine had continued to take place in 1941, before the mining company had went under a vulantary Liquidation. At the time it was reported that arrangements we're being made to sell this mining operation off to a prospector by the name of M.D Taylor of Toronto, Ontatio, Canada. Before this liquidation had occurred it was reported that the mine was in operation for the time being. In addition it was reported that the company was rather extending six productive levels at that time.
Development within that time period would take place on the mines 466 foot level that was now totalling a lateral development footage of 2,247 feet of drifting, 926 feet of crosscutting, and 887 feet of raising. Another level that was cut on the mines 591 foot sub-level became also constructed as it was opened by 1,164 feet of drifting, 201 feet of crosscutting, and 594 feet of raising, By this time period the company would also confine it's mining operations to the 716 foot level that was totalling a lateral development footage of 2,486 feet of drifting, 743 feet of crosscutting, and 865 feet of raising. Besides only developing these levels the company continued to also expanded the mines 891 foot winze level by 607 feet feet of drifting, and 56 feet of crosscutting. There was also further expanding completed on the mines 966 foot level that became opened up by 799 feet of drifting, and 171 feet of crosscutting. From all production the company was able to hoist a total of 36,100 tonnes of ore from the mine, and a total of 36,195 tonnes was processed through the 100 tonne cyanide milling facility.
Some exploration procedures also had taken place when diamond drilling that consisted of three holes, totalling 857 feet were drilled from the surface, and another 47 holes, totalling 6,145 feet was done from underground. In general being the company also completed 5,000 feet of surface trenching to a depth of 2 1/2 feet.
In 1982, Highland-Crow Resources Ltd., began explorations including, prospecting, humus sampling and drilling. The 1983 program outlined in this report, details the continuation of the work begun in 1982. The 1982 drill program confirmed the presence of significant mineralization in a relatively unexplored block up-dip from the,v mined zone (below the 2nd level), and east of the shaft. As well, unconventional target lithologies untested in past mining were found to contain appreciable gold concentrations. In 1983 drilling program was confined to the west end of the above drilling (ie., between holes GR-1 and GR-3), and was designed to test the strength and continuance of the mined zone directly above the 2nd level.
The up-dip projection of the drill indicated mineralization was stripped and surface trenched.Two other areas were stripped and have been cobra drilled.
A 400 pound bulk sample was collected from the various dumps on the property to allow metallurgical testing including the following; dry crushing and magnetic separation; flotation testing, and table testing. Porto Metal Mills of Sudbury treated the above sample and carried out the .testing
Five holes for a total of 2,304 feet were drilled during 1983. Holes GR-5 to GR-9 were completed by Norex Drilling Ltd.,during the period August 21 to September 21, 1983. Holes GR-5 to GR-? were put down in a restricted area (over 400 feet of strike length) to test the up-dip continuance of the main mined ore-zone above the second level. All five holes cut significant mineralization. Extensive splitting and sampling of the core was completed.