Historically like many mining sites, The Murray Mine was eventually sold to another company call The Henry Hussey Vivian, and Co. In history this company became credited for working its mine site from 1884 to 1894, before it came to its first closure. In general this company became credited for establishing a small exploration phase within the Murray Nickel Mine Property. A massive diamond drill was soon taking further steps in developing this mine, when the company had transported a Drill from Rat Portage.
By 1891, the Henry Hussey Vivian, and Co was considered to be rapidly developing the Murray Mining Operation. In general the company had hired its first mine captain by the name of Mr. George N. Hendrickson, who was from Norway. The Vivian No. 6 shaft was addition being developed during 1891, and had went to a depth of 100 feet during this time period of operating. All development during that time period was rapidly being focus on opening the first level that was station on the mines 60 foot section. Almost all of this construction phase was opened up by a 60 foot crosscut that would soon extent to 184 feet within this level. Further so the company also had additionally constructed an open stop that had left an opening which was 50 feet long, 40 feet wide and 20 feet high. At 185 feet in, the west drift is than driven for a distance of 100 feet after it became extended from 40 feet. A stope section was also being constructed during this whole development phase on the Murray Mine No. 6 shaft. After fully completing the stope section, the drift then had turned westerly for, and was driven for a distance of 20 feet. From this section of the mine a winze or internal shaft was sunken to connect with the bottom level of this mine. More development had also escalated when the company had opened up the second level at 100 feet with a west drift that's known for traveling a distance of 28 feet. Within the center of this drift another west drift section is known to continue on for another 30 feet, and is mainly constructed towards the lode deposit zone. Once the second level had been opened up it was than intersected with the winze shaft at 30 feet in. Within this time period the company would also extract a total of 4,000 tons that became hoisted and shipped to the ore beds.
In 1889.Most of this drilling phase had started to take place in December, 1998, and would continue till the 16, of June 1898. All drilling procedures became aimed at boring 210, that took 10 hours to complete, and the establishment of day and night shifts was soon started. In addition the company had drilled eight holes within 1898, and had went to a total underground depth of 1,146 feet. Each of the drilling phase soon became examined by the company which produced many different kinds of mineral outcroppings within the Murray and Violet Property.
One year later this massive mining operation was once again sold to The Canadian Copper Company. From its own point of view the company became form from several different company partnerships. Some examples of these companies we're identify as The Oxford Copper Company which smelted and processed the ore. At the time The Canadian Copper Company was rather like a small scale mining company with small operational projects. But eventually the company started to succeed with much bigger operations, and abandon its smaller ones. So once again The Murray Mine had soon close its operational life down till it became purchased by the British American Nickel Company in 1912. Nevertheless this brilliant company had decided to sink a 750 foot shaft before it came to it's own closure.
By 1916 this company had eventually decided to once again open its Murray mining operation. Within months the company had soon dewatered its own shaft, and additionally deepened it to 1,110 feet. While mining continue that same year this company was able to produce over 200,000 tons of ore. Another huge expansion was now being started on the three compartment shaft in 1917, just one year when the Canadian Copper Company had opened it. During this time the company started to once again dewater the shaft and continue expanding it to the 900 foot level. Production was now being started on all 7 mining levels that became stationed on the Mines 150, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, and 800 foot sections. A massive newly discovered ore pocket was found on the mines 300, 500, and 700 foot levels This whole entire shaft was mainly designed from steel and had concrete foundations, and the Three Compartment shaft was 60 feet by 64 feet, and was known to be 102 feet high.
Crushing from the on site mill had also taken place when a new crusher that was 36 inches by 48 inches became installed. All processing from the newly upgraded mill had started of with only 400 tons of ore per a day but was able to process 5oo tons per a day in 1917. All ore the becomes extracted from the mine is then place on a conveyor belt system that travels for a distance of 279 feet to the onsite rock house. This massive size rock house was also known to be 88 feet, by 126 feet and was made from reinforced steel and concrete foundations. During this time a huge amount of equipment was also being used that included a 36 in by 18 in, Jaw Crusher, A No.5 Gyrating Crusher, and picking belts. Power was also provided by the installation of a Power House that would comprise of three 500 H.P Babcock and Wilcox Boilers. In addition the company would also install two 2,500 cu ft Bellis and Morcum Air Compressors.
A smelter was also fully designed during 1917 and was located one and a half kilometers from the actual Murray Mining Operation. It was also reported that a huge amount of structures ¨start to also shape the Murray Mine Smelter Complex. Company officials had even paid for the installation of a spur line from both the Canadian National Railway and The Algoma Eastern Railway. It all had soon connected with the Murray Mine Smelter that was rather large in size. Some of the structures had included the development of a warehouse, machine shop, and a boiler shop.
The mine soon came to another closure but reopen its doors by 1921. In it's own production that same year, the mine was able to produce another 200,000 ounces of ore. In total The British American Nickel Company was able to extract 541,019 tons of ore till it sold to INCO. Like The Canadian Copper Company, INCO became the small scale mining company with a big bright future ahead of it's self. At its own peak INCO also had other mining operations which we're either claim or bought out. Some of these projects included The Creighton, Frood-Stobie, Totten, and Crean Hill Mines. Additionally INCO had brought the former Murray Mine into production by 1931. In mining INCO became form when its ore body collided with The Stobie Mine Project. In history The Frood Mine was own by Thom Frood, while The Stobie Mine became developed by a guy name Samuel J Richie.
Later in history The Murray Mine became more then just a mining site at full force. Like several Sudbury mining operations, this mine also contributed its efforts to both World Wars. Generally INCO became the main supplier to supply The United State of America with war related nickel. But later INCO decided to support other countries across the seas, like Korea, and Japan. Nickel at its own peak was strongly considered to be a major producer towards war related vehicles. In several cases nickel became a strong protection element towards salt erosion. Even after the second World War, Nickel was still considered to be a huge profit maker towards automotive vehicles. Since nickel had proven to be so effective against salt erosion, it was place within car making. Now with several demands for nickel resources, INCO started to claim mines all over Falconbridge, Ontario, Canada. In mining history there are over 20 different mines which we're once operated by Falconbridge Limited. Nevertheless The United States of America had soon discover that INCO was supplying it's own enemies with nickel. In transaction to this The U.S had abandon it's self from buying any more nickel resources from Sudbury. When it comes to the negative side of things, Sudbury became considered as a city which could of bin bomb by enemy allies. Although this never did happen but it still could of. Prior to the Second World War INCO started to support another war era in the 1940's. During its own upgrades INCO soon establish another mine shaft call the No,2 shaft at its former Murray mine.
To speed up its own production INCO started to design its own Smelting and milling complexes. The first refinery became developed in 1950 which was call the INCO smoke Stack. But due to sever environmental problems the smoke stack was replace by the INCO's Super-stack. In historical mining terminology this Superstack establish it's self as a way to get rid of environmental causes within Sudbury. It also establish its self as primary route for local mines to smelt their own ore to. Mainly construction of the INCO Supe-rstack became started by 1972, but wasn't finish till 1987. At the time The Murray Mine had steady production levels throughout 1970 till it close in the 1980's. Nevertheless INCO soon had other problems when other mining interest had started to smelt their ore. So INCO decided to take things into its own consideration when it establish The Carabelle Mill in 1971. This mill eliminated any mine from interfering with INCO's mine production levels. When it comes to the mills production levels, this refinery strongly became known for producing 35,000 tonnes of ore per day. By 1980 INCO started to make bigger history when it expanded towards the Cobalt industries. Then later it had also invested its money towards the space industry. In total production levels, INCO became credited for making over 700 million dollars by the 1980's. Today nothing remains at the former Murray Mine due to it's abundance in 1986. Although VALE who currently owns INCO is back at these old sites as it reopens them for new explorations. So far the Brazilian Vale has succeeded in several old mining projects. like the Totten, and Victoria Mines. To this very day. Vale is also working it's legendary mill sites which date back to the 1970's.