By 1899, another expansion to the mine soon had occurred when the McArthur No. 2 Mine was being brought into production. A shaft that was about 300 feet deep had been previously sunken in 1897, by the method of blasting and drilling. During 1899, the company was rather expanding the No. 2 mining operation by developing the first level at 100 feet below the ground, and opening this section up with a small amount of drifting methods. By this year the company was well known to have also extended the main skip-way to the second level of this project. In addition the small incline was reported to have been abandoned as the company was working on sinking another Incline shaft on the Foot-Wall. Further development that year was being confined to the massive open pit operation, and its stoping/pillar supports that became added. All development on the open pit during this time was strongly known for measuring 200 feet by 100 feet, and the smaller open pit had measured 39 feet by 35 feet. More so the company also designed a pillar that was being used to support the stope section at the top of this open pit operation. As development continued to take place the company than had added a Duplex Direct Acting Pump towards it's very own production. When all development was exceeding further completion, the whole entire mining operation was about to change when the company added an engine house, and its very own Dynamite Magazine. No further development on the mine was achieved during this time period of engineering this whole project. Soon enough the first section of the McArthur No. 1 extension was soon suspended during this time period and all the work was being establish on the McArthur No, 2 mine in 1900.
During 1900, the second mining shaft of the McArthur No, 2 mine was officially completed, and sunken vertically along the foot-wall. Most of the No.1 shaft was reported to have been completely abandoned as all the work was being confined to the newly designed No. 2 shaft operation. Company officials during this year had officially installed a double track Skip-Way in order to increase the tonnage of its own production. This construction phase had also developed a man-way that was engineered on the side of this newly constructed Skipway. Almost all development on the newly constructed shaft had taken this structure to about 210 feet below the ground. It was rather opened up by the first level drift that was stationed on the mine's 130 foot section. The next level that was determined as the second level was being engineered at 195 feet with only a small amount of stoping done. Most of the ore that came from the first level was also reported to have been mined out by an open stope that had been establish to the surface, and connected with the Open Pit Operation.
Within the same year the company had also confined its self to the open pit operation that was extracting ore from the side walls, and heading towards the Footwalls. It was even reported that the company was further sinking its shaft operation while leaving a solid amount of ore as a protection for the lower end workings. Some extra structures also became added when the company had engineered a blacksmith shop and a Dynamite Magazine for explosives that was developed 500 feet southwest of the Blacksmith Shop.
Another extension to the mine was being fully developed by the Canadian Copper Company in 1901. These extensions became named the No. 1 and No. 2 mines. All the work by the CCC had started with the usual development of an open pit operation to determine the thickness of the ore. In addition the company was now underway in developing a new open pit operation on its No. 1 Extension. Most of this was aimed towards exploring the extention of another vein that was uncovered by an earlier drilling phase. Further so the Canadian Copper Company would also start on another extension of the McArthur Mining Project. In addition this whole entire expansion was reported as the No. 2 Mine Extension. It was previously known as the McArthur No, 2 Mine Operation before it was called the No.2 Mine Extension. Almost all the work that was being performed by the Canadian Copper Company had included deepening the Open Pit to about 217 feet. Most of the ore that was extracted in this phase was rather considered to have increased at the bottom level of the Hanging-walls. At the end of the year the Canadian Copper Company would suspended all projects as it was now examining and removing loose rocks from the Hanging-Walls. Besides development the company was also adapting to a new mining method of stoping to remove the dangerous to its own hardworking men. All of this will be taking place under an arched roof within the bottom level of the open pit operation. Most of these workings will than be connected with the a new shaft that was being sunk vertically from the first level of the present shaft that was located 80 feet south from the pit wall. At its present time the shaft was only sunken to a depth of 15 feet but was being further developed to connect with the old shaft drift and ore body. Another exploratory phase was being performed by the company which had soon discovered more ore deposits that had increased at depth. But during this year the Canadian Copper Company had now explored this area due to other development and extractions on this claim zone. A boiler was also installed and increased for the capacity of the mine and its Rock House.
Further explorations within 1901 had soon taken place on another zone that was identified as the No. 2 extension project. Much of this extension was rather located 700 feet north of the former No. 2 Mine. In addition the Canadian Copper Company would move onto other development phases when it had constructed two more open pit operations. Almost all of this had happened when the company's drilling crew had uncovered another deposit just like the No. 2 Mine Site. Each of these pits we're rather reported to have been engineered into a circle formation. More development was escalated during this phase as the Canadian Copper Company had additionally establish these to pits to a depth of 110 feet below ground levels. A cross-section that was measured to be 20 by 30 feet had been constructed to a depth of 40 feet below the ground. It was later developed into another cross-section that was a lot smaller in size and would only measure to be 15 by 20 feet. Mores so the Canadian Copper Company had yet again moved onto more development phase when shaft sinking became performed on the bottom level of this open pit operation. Company officials we're mainly engineering this shaft to be a measurement of 8 by 10 feet, and had also been drilled and blasted to extract the rich ore material from the ground.
The Six and Six Mine was rather considered another extension to the McArthur and the Stobie Mining operation. All development on this zone was first started in 1899, by the Canadian Copper Company, and had mainly been explored by stripping away at the land to further uncover this newly discovered deposit zone. In general geological terminology the mine was rather located 2 miles north-west of the Stobie Nickel- Copper Mine. During the year the Canadian Copper Company also started to engineer two small scale open pit operations towards this project. A small 40 foot trestle track would later connect the two pits to its on-site dump that had stock piled the Nickel Copper Ore. Company officials from the Canadian Copper Company would also re-design the old railway line from the Stobie Mine to the on-site workings. No further development of production was reported to have taken place during this time period.
By the following year, the Six and Six Mine extension was renamed to the No. 3 Mine extension project in 1900. All development during this time period would soon be escalated on the company's No, 1 shaft operation towards this extension phase. Most of this whole entire construction phase on the shaft was engineered to be 7 by 17 feet, and was sunken to a depth of 40 feet at the time. Production of this shaft is operated by a man-way and a skip-way, which is operated by a Drum in the Rock House. Further so the shaft alone is considered to extended into an open pit operation that's 30 feet deep, 65 feet wide, and 80 feet long. Development on the open pit also includes a stope section that measured to be 30 feet wide, 20 feet high, and 15 feet long, which was also located northwest from the pit. During this time period the company also had place full development on a raise section that was being driven from the stope to the surface. All of this development was soon taking place when the Canadian Copper Company wanted to commence underground mining operations by the winter of 1900; As mine development continued the Canadian Copper Company would fully develop and install the much need machinery to run its very own Rock House. Engineering plans of the rock house we're measured to consist of a foundation that was 45 by 26 feet, and would eventually be 36 feet in height. Another trestle was shortly after designed to provide transportation of all the ore that came from this mine extension. .Almost all the machinery that was added to the Rock House had included a massive size engine that was designed for operating the crusher, screening, and picking table that we're all installed on the second and third floor.
The Canadian Copper Company was rather fully developing this mining zone during 1901, and further expansions had exploded massively. Almost all development within that year was mainly being confined to the large size open pit operation, and the shaft of the No. 3 Mine Project. All development during that year had soon increased the open pit operation in size, and the pit was now 40 feet deep, and had its own area that was 300 feet long by 50 to 125 feet wide. In the southeast end a large pillar was developed in order to support the roof of the barren rock. Much safety was also taking during this time period when the Canadian Copper Company was carefully scaling the open pit operation and removing any loose rock that could cause a fatality to occur. Ore production from the open pit operation at the time was being transported to the on-site rock house by the means of a tramway.
The No. 3 Mine shaft was now being further expanded when the company had started to timber this extention, and had also started the construction on a new three compartment shaft. Two of these compartments became use for transporting ore from underground levels to the surface, while the next one was designed for hoisting the ore, and the last compartment was mainly being used as a Man-way.
Company officials from the Canadian Copper Company had soon started to further expand this mining operation by opening another outcropping that's 50 feet west of the main showings. Development on this section of the mining operation was now underway when another open pit was opened up, and would be construct to be 45 feet deep, 100 feet long, and 60 feet wide. Much of this had soon uncovered some more production zones within the open pit as ore was being scaled out. During this time most of the hoisting was being completed by a swing arm derrick, steel rope, bucket, and a hoist that's was operated within the rock house. Further expansions would soon escalated when the company started to connect a drift between the two workings to allow raising of the ore from one shaft. All of this was constructed within the first level of the newly developed No. 3 Mine shaft extension..
In 1903, the stoping method within No. 2 Mine Extension of the open pit operation was reported to have been continued during this time period. Almost all mining procedures within the underground mining operation had also been further developed, and opened up. Most of the whole entire engineering plan would consist of further developing levels within the shaft at regular intervals, and also designing supporting pillars within each level. All levels within the No.2 Mine Extension of the McArthur Nickel-Copper Mine would than be cut and drifted followed by the method of crosscutting procedures. Soon enough the old shaft operation became abandoned as a hoist, and man-way was being replaced with a new shaft. A massive drilling and blasting phase would end up sinking this newly designed vertical shaft to about 390 feet below ground levels. More so the company and its employees would than start on opening up levels within this operation. Almost all development was carried down from the first to fifth level of this project. Development procedure within that newly developed shaft had included timbering it to the fourth mine level. Ore extractions methods within the fourth level are being hoisted by a double Skip-Road to the surface, while below this section the ore is being transported by an Auxiliary Air Engine, Bucket System.
As the mine had slowly started to expand the company would also start progressing on expanding the third level mine workings of the shaft towards the open pit. All development will than included a winze shaft or an Internal Shaft that was sunken vertically to 76 feet in order to connect with the fourth level. This level alone is considered to be opened up by a North drift that expands for a distance of 60 feet, and continues towards another north drift that connects the winze shaft for a distance of 100 feet. In general this whole development had connected the new shaft with the old one, and also the Open Pit Operation. The Canadian Copper Company would also further open up the fifth mining level when it was cut and expanded by 55 foot north drift. Development on the fourth level was cut and developed on the mines 293 foot section, while the fifth level is stationed on the 374 foot section. Company officials of the Canadian Copper Company soon started on expanding the Skip Road that inclined with the Rock House, and Shaft. In addition the Skip Road was said to have been increased by raising the upper end 3 feet so that the skip could return at a faster pace. Much of this engineering plan had cause the skip to also increase in size as it was now 200 feet long. As the mine started to rapidly transform the company would end up also replacing the old battery in the Power House with four new Batteries that connected to the boiler. They also had other plans to install four more batteries to its very own Power House in order to provide more power within this operation.
Another project was also on the go when the company had also commence development on it's No. 2 Extension Property. During 1903, nor much work was said to have commenced by the Canadian Copper Company on the first and second extension mines. More so the company was rather focusing on developing another open-cut that was being developed a short distance from the two workings. As further expansion occurred the company now would slowly start developing this section by blasting and drilling it to be 50 feet deep, and 20 by 20 feet in size All development and production on the three extension projects was reported to have been suspended in the spring of 1903. Most of this closing was caused because the company wanted to see if the diamond drilling phases could identify any ore to connect all operations with the No. 2 Mine Extension of the McArthur Nickel-Copper Mine.
Further within this project the Canadian Copper Company was on another move within it No. 3 Mine Expansion of the McArthur Nickel-Copper Mines. Most of the whole development of the Open Pit during that time period was said to have ceased on August, 1903, and all the work was being confined to developing levels beneath the pit floor. A small amount of ore was rather considered to have been the main output during this time period of further developing the No. 3 Mine Extension Project. During this phase the Canadian Copper Company had other ideas when it decided to perform a drilling phase to determine the extent of this vein zone. Drilling results soon defined that the actual mine extension was believed to have consisted of several tons of ore to commence a more feral underground extraction plan that was being constructed beneath the Open Pit Operation. All the valuable ore will than be hoisted to the surface, while the waste rock will be used as a backfill support.
At the time the No.3 Extension Mine was rather being rapidly developed by the Canadian Copper Company who had now engineered the shaft to a vertical depth of 150 feet. Once the shaft had reached the 150 foot section it was than being planned to continued on towards constructing the second and third mining levels. Nevertheless, the company had stationed the second level to be developed on the mines 100 foot section. A massive development phase was soon underway when the company would open this section up with a north-east drift that extended for a distance of 100 feet. From here the drift continues on ward towards a north-west cross-drift that travels for a distance of 25 feet before heading towards a 50 foot raise that connects with the open pit operation. Drifting within this section is than known for traveling south-east for a distance 60 feet, and heads South for another 75 feet. At about 75 feet inside this shaft the mining operation is than connected with another winze shaft that's sunken to 75 feet. Its then connected by an open cut that's known for establishing the third mining level of the No. 3 Mine Extension shaft. When the mine was transforming the Canadian Copper Company also made other changes to the hoisting system when the Double Drum Hoist was soon replace with a smaller on from the Stobie Mine Project. A massive set of hoisting cables and sheaves became added to the No. 3 Mine Extension shaft of the McArthur Nickel-Copper Mine.
Almost all development and production on the No. 2 Mine became abandoned during 1904. But before all of this had happened the company was on another mission in extracting the remaining ore that was still left within this pit. More so the Canadian Copper Company would end up raising all the ore to surface in order to feet its Rock House. Most oh the whole entire No.2 Mine shaft was considered to be out of commission as the ore from the foot walls became extracted. All development on the open pit had measured to be developed to about 100 feet to the east and, west, but also continued for another 220 feet to the north, and south sides.
The No. 2 Mine of the McArthur Nickel- Copper Mine was rather believe to have been constantly work on within 1916, but the mine would soon come to its closure in 1917. Production within the No. 2 Mine extension became confined to the mines sixth and ninth level sections. During the time period the Canadian Copper Company would end up shipping 60,550 tons of rock to the milling facility. All development within that year was said to have also been aimed at expanding the Open Pit Operation to the mine's Tenth level.
Besides working the pit the shaft was also being expanded to the mine's 402 foot section of the No. 2 Mine Shaft Most of this development had ended in a 20 foot sump that was situated at the bottom of this shaft. Development would soon start to be constructed within the mining operation that included extending the Man-Way, and further timbering the shaft from the fourth to the fifth mining level. The Canadian Copper Company would also focus on expanding the Winze shaft operation as it had connected with the stopes of this Open Pit Operation, which was extended from the bottom of fifth mine level. Further so the company would also make new development changes when it had added a new stope section that was 40 by 60 feet in plans, and would be driven to about 30 feet in order to provide safety around the winze shaft to the mines fourth level. Company officials from the Canadian Copper Company would also start milling the ore before it was hoisted to surface. Extraction procedures within this stope section became scaled out from the roof of the stopes by carefully extracting the ore to prevent accidents from happening. Development procedures became constructed on the fifth mine level as a very widened drift became driven in order to intersect the ore body. More safety became added when the Canadian Copper Company would end up installing safety signals on each Skip Road. When the mine became expanded this company would also connect it's own electrical power grid system that supplied power to all mine levels, and the surface facility. Hoisting procedures at this time had also been operated by the use of Electrical Power once the supply was establish within this mine. Nevertheless, the Canadian Copper Company would also end up putting new changes to its Rock House. A brand new Jaw crusher that was 15 by 24 inches in size had taken over the previous 9 by 15 inch Jaw Crusher. Power to supply this piece of machinery is taken from 7 unit batteries that are installed with Underfeed Mechanical Stokers, and Force Drought.
Another development was soon underway in 1904, when the great Canadian Copper Company had place all development phase on expanding the No. 3 Mine Shaft. In nature the company and its officials would end up expanding this shaft from second to the third level as it was exceeding huge production. When expansions on the shaft slowly started to take place it was noted that the company would install a Man-Way, and it's Double Skip Road to hoist the ore from underground. A whole new timbering phase was shortly after also started that allowed a better way in supporting this mining operation. By the end of 1903, and into 1904, the Canadian Company would eventually close down the mine, which soon flooded all levels till the ore was once again need. Much of this was caused because the company had plans in producing ore from it's other mining operations that contained more extractions. Before the mine had closed the company would also further develop the third level by extending the drift and providing a newly developed stope section on its 165 foot level.
Soon enough the Canadian Copper Company had once again Re-Opened its No. 2 Mine Site and had fully dewatered the pit and its shaft. More so the company was rather expanding this operation in size when it had started a new daily tonnage increase that was between 300 and 400 tons of ore a day. A team of 50 men became employed within the underground levels and much of the ore within the third and fourth section was extracted from the hard rock before being hoisted to the surface. All of this development procedure would end up expanding these levels as the ore became extracted from the McArthur Nickel-Copper Mine Extension Project. Further into development this soon had changed the whole aspect of this mine when a raise was driven to connect the third level with the fourth level, which soon caused new stoping methods to become performed. As the stopes started to become developed the company had now started to carefully scale all the loose ore from the these stope. Generally the company would also add it's very own electrical water pump that included a four inch discharge, and was officially installed on the fourth level to keep water from flooding in these workings. Almost all the levels within this mining operation became well prepared as it had lighting, and a bell for signalling down the Skip Road. As the ore becomes hoisted its than shipped to the rock crush that grinds the ore in a Jaw Crusher that's driven by an electrical motor. Once the ore goes through the crushing cycle, its than passed through the Grizzly before heading over the shaking table.
By 1907, much of the whole entire mining operation had came to a complete stop as the ore from the fifth level became mined out, and the shaft was additionally sunken another 100 feet, which became opened up by the sixth level.. Most of the machinery at that time was also said to have been replace by an Electrically Operated Hoist, and Air Compressor. No further production or development had soon occurred as all the working became once again flood from being abandoned by this company.
The Canadian Copper Company would end up opening its very own No. 2 mine operation once again in 1912. All developments phase had immediately taken aim when company officials had dewatered these workings once again. Much of the whole entire shaft operation was rather exploding in development as it was reported to have been at a depth of 600 feet. Much of this whole opening would end up establishing the seventh and eight mine level within this shaft operation. Company officials from the Canadian Copper Company would also adapt a new method of back filling and stoping just like its Crean Hill, and Creighton Mining Operations. At this time period the company would also open up the seventh level by the completion of a drift section towards the ore body, while the eighth level was being cut out at this time. The. No. 2 Mine Extension it self had included a total of 100 employees who we're hired by the Canadian Copper Company in 1912.
In the following year of 1913, the company was well engaged in further developing it's No. 2 Mine Extension site by deepening the shaft to 700 feet. Almost all development had started when the ninth level of the No. 2 Mine had soon started to open up within this operation. Development on the Ninth level was first said to have been open up by a drift section that was driven for a distance of 240 feet towards the ore body. During this time period much of the production from this mine was strongly considered to have been taken from the seventh, eight, and nine levels by the means of a Skip Road.
Within 1914, the Canadian Copper Company was well underway with its No. 2 Mine Extension of the McArthur Nickel-Copper Mine. In general company officials had soon started full production on the mine when it was hoisting and removing ore from the Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, and Eleventh Levels. Almost all the ore that year which came from the No. 2 Mine Extension was shipped to the smelter, and had totalled 42,114 tons of ore. When expansions started to take place on the No. 2 Mine Extension, the Company also added a brand new cage system and a skip for hoisting the ore. Another huge development phase that year was added when the Canadian Copper Company had driven an Internal Winze Shaft from the Eighth to the Eleventh Mine level at a depth of 360 feet. Nevertheless, the No. 2 Mine Extension is rather located near the legendary Copper Cliff North, and South Mine Operations.
The No.2 Mine Extension Project of the McArthur Nickel- Copper Mine had continued to take place in 1916, but would come to another closure on January 1917. During this time period much of all the production from the mine was taking places on the mines Sixth and Ninth Levels. Nevertheless, company officials from the Canadian Company would end up shipping a total of 66,550 tons of ore from the No. 2 Mine Extension. A total of 75 employees became employed by the company during this year of operating.