All mining operations that were being establish on the Golden Rose Property had soon ceased in 1919, as corporate owners decided to sell this claim in 1921 to W.R Sweeney of Toronto, Ontario Canada. Although this new mine owner never did take this mine to further levels as it was to costly for him. So like all mining ventures the Golden Rose Mine would end up being purchased by the Afton Mines Limited on June 11, 1927. Unlike the small corporation that was named after this mine, the Afton Mine Limited had far more capital to throw away at this project as they came with 2.1 million dollars in hand towards this project. The company was also known for hiring up to thirty men who became in charge of all the shaft sinking phases towards this claimed area. Some other mine structures that were needed included a steam power facility, Assay Lab, and storage areas to hold all of their own equipment. Some of the main mine executives who became in charge of this project were commonly known as E.W Mitchell as President, and P.M King as Secretary Treasurer. Additionally the No,1 shaft operation was sunken down to the 100 foot level where several different explorations stages were being conducted below ground levels to uncover what really had been discovered on this claim. Nevertheless the mine soon came to its very own closure when company officials weren't able to find more profitable ore reserves. Another historical change had occurred in 1934, just 6 years after the Golden Rose Mine had seen its very first shaft come into production. The New Golden Rose Mining Co Limited was on another mission to deepen its very own shaft and to develop further underground development. So that very same year, the Golden Rose Mining Co Limited would end up sinking its shaft to 400 feet below ground levels and had included 900 feet of drifting and 600 feet of raising towards its production level.
By 1935, the mine milling facility had included two 53 horsepower horizontal return tabulator boilers, a 360 cubic foot steam driven compressor, and an 8x6 inch Intersoll Rand Single Drum Hoist. For the next few years the golden rose mine would end up doing the same development phase on their claim till a rich gold bearing discovery was uncovered on the Golden Rose Mine Claim. Much of all this discovery was said to have been uncovered at greater depths, when the shaft was deepened and lateral development was performed. Almost all the gold bearing resources that came from this mine site was said to have been stock piled till about 1936, when corporate owners had decided to install a new milling compound to treat all of this extracted ore. Nevertheless that same year the newly decided company was able to make its first gold pour from the Golden Rose Mine Site it had owned. Historically this newly design plant had included many of its own fascinating machinery like 3 Polar Atlas Diesel Engines of 295 horsepower each, with two of them being connected to a massive 440 volt generation system that powered this facility. The third engine was known for providing power to a massive 1,323 cubic foot Intersoll-Rand Compressor. The Mill also included a capacity of 100 ton per a day Cyanide Plant with its very own 4x12 foot Hadsel Western Mill, and two Oliver Filters and a Merrill-Crowe Precipitation unit. All of this development work had been completed by 1936 and 1937.
They also installed another development phase towards this operation as an adit was now being drilled in to the hillside. This also establish development phases of another Vertical Shaft that had went down to 66 feet below ground levels from the adits 200 foot section. Some other interesting things that took place within this shaft operation was that it became considered as a three compartment shaft operation that went straight down from the surface and the adit section. Additionally the No,2 shaft was also known for reaching 482 feet below ground levels and also had contributed its own lateral development on six ore producing levels. These historical levels became situated on the mines 150, 216, 275, 341, 400, and 465 foot sections. This also cause another expansion on adit as it had now developed 564 feet of crosscutting, and 300 feet of drifting that was all performed by the newly establish New Golden Rose Mine Co Limited. In addition to this development, the No,1 winze shaft was also drilled down to 482 feet. Nevertheless a small community had soon adapted its own mining settlement as transportation was very scarce. Several town services started to take their own shape within the settlement as company officials started to develop many small houses to accommodate many employees. Some other things that they decided to add was the company store and post office to its own settlement. Many residents started to reside within this settlement town that had now populated it self to included 196 residents who were either miners or family members. Another expansion to the newly designed No.1 winze shaft was soon completed in 1937, when corporate owners decided to sink the shaft down to 735 feet below ground levels. More then 11,000 feet of drifting was done on the whole entire mine, and had also included 4,004 feet of crosscutting, and 3,432 feet of raising by the 1940's. There was also more then 40,000 feet of underground and surface diamond drilling that took place from 1927 to 1941. The milling compound was also able to handle a production rate of 100 tons of ore per a day by 1939.
Anther huge change would soon occur within the year of 1940, when the New Golden Rose Mines Limited had started expanding this mining zone. Much of this expansion would commence drilling and blasting sections towards the newly developed Adit Zone. Company officials from the New Golden Rose Mines Limited had now driven this adit for a distance of 9 feet before constructing it further by a crosscut that was driven to about 402 feet. As this became developed the company would now commence Internal Shaft Sinking phase that had sunken this 3 compartment winze shaft to a depth of 716 feet below the shaft collar. Development on the 216 level was achieved by a long 385 foot drift that encounter a crosscut that was blasted and drilled to about 326 feet. A total of 241 feet of raising was also accomplished within the first level of this mining operation. Another level that was located on the mines 316 foot section was being further expanded by a drift that traveled for a distance of 183 feet, and had encountered 83 feet of raising that was done. Company officials and its dedicated team of miners would also further expand the 348 foot level when it was opened up by 2,032 feet of drifting, 790 feet of crosscutting, and 486 feet of raising. Production on the 396 foot level was achieved when a drift was driven for a distance of 1,794 feet, and had also included 263 feet of crosscutting, and 272 feet of raising. The company and its miners would also place further development on the mines 466 foot level when a drift was driven for a distance of 2,247 feet, and had encountered a crosscut that travel towards the ore body for a distance of 926 feet, and had also establish 887 feet of raising. More development was achieved when the company's employees had expanded the 526 foot level with 75 feet of drifting, 38 feet crosscutting, and 0 feet of raising. Another level would be opened on the mines 591 foot level when it became constructed by 972 feet of drifting, 291 feet of crosscutting, and 594 feet of raising. Further production was achieved when the mines
651 foot level was opened up by 36 feet of drifting, and no raising or crosscutting was done. Another level that was located one mines 716 foot section was opened up by 2,351 feet of drifting, 743 feet of crosscutting, and 708 feet of raising. During this time period the company would also undergo more development when it had sunk a two compartment inclined winze shaft that was collared on the 716 foot level, and sunk for a distance of 398 feet. In addition this would also establish new mining sections that became opened up on the mines 841, and the 966 foot station. The 841 foot level was reported to have been opened up by 15 feet of drifting, and the last level that was located on the mines 966 foot section was opened up by 25 feet of drifting.
Diamond drilling within 1940 had consisted of 5 diamond drill holes that totalled 1,858 feet of core sample that was taken from the surface. and another 35 holes that totalled 3,382 feet of core sample from underground workings. This would also further expanded the mining zone when stripping and 400 feet of trenching was performed by the company's employees. A huge amount of ore was also hoisted from the underground workings, and had totalled another massive tonnage of 38,810 tons. Milling within this time period would also treat 38,575 tons of ore that came from the New Golden Rose Mining Operation. Company officials from the New Golden Roes Mines Limited would also employ a total workforce of 101 men;
As production had started to decrease in profitable ore resources, the company had soon decided to suspend and closed down its mining operation in 1941. However before all of this had happen, the mine it self was strongly known for producing 145,587 tons of extracted ore resource that was yet to be processed in the company's milling compound. After processing the fine ore that came from the Golden Rose Mine, the company was able to chemically extract 41,230 ounces of pure gold and 8,214 ounces of pure silver. So the company mill was officially closed down on May 15 1941, while abandoning mine preparations had lasted till September 30 1941 when all shafts and adits became flooded. Another attempt at getting this mine operational was conducted within the 80's as Emerald Lake Resources commenced exploration stages on to uncover any more profitable resources Soon enough another small high grade zone was discovered from assay results which had corporate owners dewatering the shaft once again and had also started development phases towards this discovery vein. Like many mining operations, the Golden Rose Mine was only short lived and soon became abandoned as the resources were not there. In todays prices that would equal up to 1,666,563,000 in gold revenue if this mine was to be discovered today.