In 1926, the Treadwell Yukon Company, Limited was now expanding this property even more when the first shaft was sunk on July, 1926. During that time period the company had only sunken this shaft to the mines 150 foot level as it was opened up by two levels. Even this whole entire development phase soon had establish more than 2,500 feet of drifting, and crosscutting on the two levels alone. At the time much of the ore was rather being stockpiled as the company did not have its milling facility up, and running yet or was it even engineered. Even accommodations became very hard to coop with as many miners had to battle through the cold nights in only tents. So with no other choice the company was now engineering all the required structures to run this production business smoothly by 1927.
By the following year in 1927, the company was once again expanding the No. 1 shaft operation as it was sunken further within the ground. Within this time period the No. 1 shaft was additionally sunken to the mines 300 foot level where two new ore producing levels became establish. During this time period stationing, and cutting would be developed on the mines 200, and 300 foot levels as it was place at 100 intervals at the time. Even lateral development within this mining operation was becoming more heavy as it now had totalled 5,000 feet. More so the company had other plans when it started constructing the necessary accommodations for its workforce of 200 men, as offices, shops, surface equipment, a water supply system, and assaying shop became constructed .
Within 1927 the company also had broken ground once again as the No. 2 Errington Mine Shaft was being sunken also. As development continued to take place the Treadwell Yukon Company, Limited had also started on the installations of the No. 1 and No. 2 Power Plants by both shaft operations. Even the new milling facility was entering its own construction phases when the company had stripped the ground in order to secure an area for the foundation. In addition to this development procedure the company also estimated to have this milling facility running by 1928 as they still need to figure out the chemicals to extract this material with. Company officials from the Treadwell Yukon Company, Limited would also contract a new power source of electrical power from the Wahnapitae Power Company. In addition much of this power source would be obtained from the Murray Mine project as it connected with the transformer building. By this time the company was also installing hoists, and compressors on both shaft operations in order to get a better means of production. .
Soon enough the Treadwell Yukon Company, Limited had now commenced new development stages on its three compartment No. 3 Errington Mine Shaft in 1928. In general being the No. 3 Errington Mine shaft would also included its very own head-frame, electrically driven compressor, an electrically driven hoist, its very own blacksmith shop, a drying room, and heating plant. It also became very evident that the company would also supply its very own accommodation area for its workforce. Further so the company had continued to expand this mining operation when the No 1 Errington shaft head-frame was replace, and the company would also erect two steam heating plants. Much of this development became establish because the company need a way to heat its structures that were located near the No. 1 and No. 2 Errington Mines Shafts. Not to mention the Treadwell Yukon Company, Limited would place more upgrades towards the Assaying Office, Warehouse, Carpenter Shop, and Concentrator Bins.
The starting point of 1928, was also rather filled with massive events as the Pilot Mill became completed, and was in operation by April, 21, 1928. In addition to this the Course Crushing Plant also consisted of 10 by 20 inch jaw crushers, and one set of 16 by 20 inch rolls. Operations procedures from these two components were also being establish in a closed circuit near the Hummer Screen. Much of the fine grinding procedure had consisted of its own components that included 5 by 7 foot Allis Chalmers Ball Mills, and two Dorr Classifiers. Another major part of this Course Crushing Plant was the 30 mineral Separation Sub A Flotation Cells. But additions to this flotation procedure soon had company officials installing a total of 60 Flotation Cells. Besides the Flotation cells the company also had constructed it;s very own Filtration Plant that consisted of three Oliver filters, that were designed for each separate zinc, copper, and lead concentrates. Almost all of this became conducted as it was rather extracting the much needed concentrates that the company had needed by a 60% recovery grade. This had also improved the milling circuit as it wasn't producing enough ore without the required Flotation Cells to operate it. In total production the newly designed milling facility had soon processed 32,092 tonnes of material. Nevertheless, this material had included its own assaying as results from the concentrate had yield 0.029 ounces of gold , 1.79 ounces of silver, 1.02% copper, 1.12% Lead, and 5.75% zinc.
Even bigger development stages had taken place in 1928, when the No. 1 Errington Mine shaft was sunken to mines 619 foot section. Within this time period the company would also station, and cut another level that was soon determined as the 500 foot level. In addition to its development the company had decided to construct ore, and waste pockets below this level. Further so the level was rather being opened up by the main crosscut that was officially started on this mining section. Besides developing the No. 1 Errington Mine Shaft the company also place construction phases on the No. 2 Errington Mine Shaft. Almost all of this constructing soon had included further sinking phases when the shaft was now reaching the 676 foot level. Before any extractions were to take place the Treadwell Yukon Company Limited wanted to cut stations, and prepare this shaft for future extraction procedures. By no time the company already started on constructing a new level that became driven on the mines 500 foot level. Within this development procedure they soon came across four promising ore-bodies that traveled for a width of 60 feet each. Some more development procedures would soon take place when the Treadwell Yukon Company, Limited had also sunken the No. 3 Errington Mine shaft. Most of this whole entire sinking phase would additionally develop this shaft to the mines 409 foot level. From here the company would open this section up on the mines 375 foot level as a crosscut was driven directly towards the vein zone.
Some more development procedures would also take place on the No. 1 and 2 shaft operations in 1928. Most of the hard intensifying work was mainly being confined below the mines 300 foot level. Much of this historical production level was rather considered to be located at 150 feet below the vein zone that allowed further exploration procedures within the 300 foot level. In addition to this it had allowed the company to determine the lateral extend of the Ollier, the Larson, the Pit, and the Hargraft ore-bodies. Further so it soon became determined that the Ollier Stope section was known to have traveled for a distance of 14,500 sqaure feet by a horizontal cross-section. Even sampling procedures from this stope section had proved to be extremely valuable in ore resources as it had estimated 0.033 ounces of gold, 2.08 ounces of silver,1.08% copper, 1.20% lead, and 6.4% zinc content. Unlike the Ollier Stope, the Larson Stope was rather much smaller as it had continued for a distance of 4,000 square feet by a horizontal cross-section. After further assaying this stope section, the Treadwell Yukon Company, Limited had determined this stope to contain 0.03 ounces of gold, 1.55 ounces of silver, 0.91% copper, 1.1% lead, and 5.4% zinc. During this time period the Pit Stope section had proven to have traveled for a distance of 125 feet, and was 4 feet wide that had its own width of 20 feet. Assaying within this deposit soon had outlined promising base metal results that contained 0.045 ounces of gold, 2.15 ounces of silver, 1.05% copper, 1.5 % lead, and 6.9% zinc content. Another ore-body that was determined as the Hargraft Stope was not well defined during this year as it was only traced for a distance of 120 feet, and had its own width of 15 feet.
By 1928, the company would also start to extend the main crosscut section on the mines 500 foot level as it was driven to another 292 feet. In addition this newly extended crosscut soon intersected three vein zones that were classified as not commercially profitable during this time period. But never to say the Treadwell Yukon Company, Limited had reported that these vein zones are becoming improved by the west and east drifts on this section of the mining operation. Within this time period the company would also identify these ore producing veins as the Romig, Christie, Rheaume, and North Deposit zones. Further assaying of the Romig vein soon had determined this vein as low grade as it was opened up by the West and East drift sections on the 500 foot level. Not to mention the company, and its miners would also figure this out from previous diamond drilling explorations also. Another section that was commonly identified as the Christie Vein became opened up by the east, and west drifts for a distance of 550 feet on the ore-body. As further examinations of the ore-body took place, the Treadwell Yukon Company, Limited still had determined this vein as a continuous geological structure at this time. Most of this historical ore-body was not considered to be disclosed within the hard-rock as diamond drilling had indicated further lengths, and widths of up to 12 feet. Nevertheless, the company would also assay this stope section that determined this vein to contain 0.038 ounces of gold, 2.03 ounces of silver, 0.60% copper, 1.0% Lead, and 4.6% zinc. Not to mention the Treadwell Yukon Company, Limited also conducted their own diamond drilling program that intersected the Christie vein below the 500 foot level. Much of this whole entire testing procedure had intersected the Christie vein at an angle of 70 degrees, and cut the vein for length of 178 feet. Company officials from the Treadwell Yukon Company Limited so determined that the first 68 feet of this diamond drilling program was barren. The next 70 feet of this vein zone soon had intersected a commercially profitable assaying of 1.05% copper, 0.016 ounces of gold, and 0.83 ounces of silver. The next 40 feet of this core sample had indicated 1.08% copper, 0.3% lead, 3.2% % zinc, 0.018 ounces of gold, and 0.75 ounces of silver.
Further assaying procedures in 1928, became aimed at determining the lateral extent of the Rheaume Vein Structure. As development continued the company soon traced this vein for a distance of 475 feet, and had its own width of 12 feet. It was rather determined that this vein structure had continued further within the east drift section on the mines 500 foot level. Even assaying from this stope section soon indicated a profitable discovery zone that resulted in 0.038 ounce of gold, 2.3 ounces of silver, 1.70% copper, 1% lead, and 3.5% zinc. Some more assaying procedures would also take place on the North Stope when a drift section soon encountered three promising ore zones with a length of 127 feet, and a width of 12 feet. By this time the company would place mandatory assaying procedures towards defining the grade of ore in this section. In total grade this geological structure soon resulted in 0.038 ounces of gold, 2.3 ounces of silver, 0.36% copper, 1% lead. and 6% zinc,
By determining these assaying results from diamond drilling the company has made its own configuration that the No. 2 Errington Mine shaft is far more lower in grade from the other shaft operations. In general being the No. 1 and No. 3 Errington Mine shafts have a more higher grade ore pocket than the No. 2 shaft operation. Much of this also became determined by mill feed from the development of the No. 2 Errington Mine shaft that had a much lower grade than indicated in previous diamond drilling. Some more development procedures would also take place on the No. 3 shaft when the crosscut was extended for a length of 1,475 feet. Further so this development phase also intersected the vein at the end of the crosscut section that was known for being 114 feet thick, but didn't disclose any commercial profitable ore. Much of this newly discovered ore-body was now being further traced by a raise section that was aimed at intersecting an ore cut from diamond drilling hole A 28.
Besides exploring this mining zone the Treadwell Yukon Company, Limited would also conduct several feet of lateral development towards this mining operation. In general the total lateral development soon included 783 feet of shaft sinking, 10,750 feet of drifting, crosscutting, and raising. Another estimation would also be made in regards to preparatory mining that consisted of 1,703 feet of drifting, and 32 feet of raising.
Company officials from the Treadwelll Yukon Company, Limited had also place future development plans as they wanted to sink all shaft operations to the 1,500 foot level. In most cases this was about to be done because the company wanted to open new prospect grounds in hopes of uncovering more geological vein structures. It was also focusing on developing levels below the 500 foot level, and its 1,500 foot level for economic purposes. Nothing else was known to have occurred during 1928, as the mine was under going its own exploration methods.
More changes soon had taken place in 1929, when the Canadian Pacific Railway had built a six mile branch line from Chelmsford into the property. As this main branch line became completed the company had also attach a spur-line in order to connect with the railway branch line. In addition to constructing this spur-line it will provide the much need connection between the No. 1, No. 2, and 3 Shafts, and also the on-site milling facility. It was also establish because the company wanted an easier method in importing, and exporting its freight inbound, and outbound. During 1929, the company did not place any more expansions towards it's equitment, and power plant. Hosting procedures from the No. 2 shaft we're know to have hoisted a total of 89,221 tonnes from the mine in which 27,705 tonnes was taken from the 300 foot level, and 61,516 tonnes was taken from the mines 500 foot level.
Even milling operations we're rather operating a heavy pace during 1929, as the mine was well into production in extracting the rich Copper, Zinc, and Lead Concentrates. Further so the mill even had been upgrade when it now consisted of 74 flotation cells for better production rates. Additionally this would allow better progression towards treating ore as it had increased the recovery of Zinc by 80%, Copper to 70%, Lead to 60%, and a small amount of Gold, and Silver was processed at 50% in all production. As company officials discarded the waste product they also had their own ideas in processing this material by regrinding, and retreating the ore at a later time. Much of this became establish because the company had wanted to recover 73% of the Assay value within this mining operation. Almost all the ore during this time period was taken from the stope sections as they we're being cut, and prepared for extraction purposes. Within this time period the company would have a total mill production of 89,221 tonnes of material that graded an average of 0.028 ounces of gold, 1.64 ounces of silver, 1.04% copper, 0.986% Lead, and, 4.49% Zinc. All milling operation within 1929 had been known to operate at a daily rate of 2,000 tonnes of material that treated all the Copper, Pyrite, Zinc, and lead concentrates.
As the mining operation started to expand the company soon had also decided to produce a iron pyrite concentrate from the milling procedure. In total estimation it was reported that the Iron Pyrite Concentrate had assayed at $1.00 per a tonne of mined rock that was used for a sulphur content. During 1929, it was reported that this Iron Pyrite Concentrate was being stockpiled at the mine as further negotiations we're being made to sell this resources as a product. Much of these concentrate products had also been shipped to different buyers who wanted them. At the time Copper Concentrates were being shipped to Laurel Hill, Long Island, Lead Concentrates to East Helena, Montana, and Zinc Concentrates to the European zinc plants from Montreal.
Besides development the Treadwell Yukon Company, had also place major underground development phase on the Errington Mine Project. Most of the development during 1929, was confined to further extending the No.1, No. 2, and 3 shafts. In general being the No. 1 shaft was being expanded on the 550 foot level as the No. 512 drift was now being advanced easterly in order to connect with the west heading of the No. 2 Shaft Operation. This whole entire development procedure was establish because the company wanted to provide more safety, a better means for hauling the ore, and also to comply with legal requirements.
Far more development would also commence on the No. 2 shaft area as it was being continuously worked on within the year of 1929. Company officials from the Treadwell Yukon Company, Limited would mainly confine its operations on the Christie, Rheaume, and the north vein. Almost all the work on these veins was confined to the mines 500 foot level that was reported to have satisfactory results from this section of the mining operation. As it stands the company would determine that the westerly face of this mining operation was mainly in waste, while the east face had comprise of ore. In total length the Easterly face is known to connect with the westerly face at a distance of 1,640 feet, and three of the four ore-bodies have been found in this are out of the eight ore-bodies that have a lateral extend for a length of 2,030 feet, with an average width of 36 feet, or a total horizon cross section of 73,000 square feet of commercial grade ore. Besides theses veins there is also a large are of known ore-bodies that's being further explored at this time period. In addition to this the company has determined that these stope sections have proven the occurrence of 7,300 tonnes of ore per a vertical foot.
No production or development was escalated on the No. 3 shaft during 1929, as it was discontinued due to the high amount of work on the No. 2 shaft. This was mainly done because the company was working at further uncovering the veins that we're within this section of the Errington Mining Operation. In all lateral development the company now had a mining operation that consisted of 10,068 feet of drifting and crosscutting, 2,690 feet of raising, and 16,937 feet of diamond drilling.
Further into developing this mine the Treadwell Yukon Company, Limited would also place more engineering phase to expand the mine in 1930. Much of this development had included to further sink the No. 2 shaft in order to reach the 1,500 foot level of the Errington Mining Operation. As this becomes completed the company also had plans to construct many different levels at 250 foot intervals that are to be cut, and stationed below the 500 foot level. When these levels become constructed the company, and it's miners will than place more development on the 1,500 foot level. In addition the company at the time had planned to open this section of mining operation up with an easterly crosscut that is aimed to intersect the four veins which became discovered on the 500 foot level. Company officials from the Treadwell Yukon Company, Limited had also hope that the stopes within the 1,500 foot level would be the same size of the ones on the 500 foot level. If these levels do prove to be satisfactory in ore like the 500 foot level, this will expand the mining life for another 15 years at a milling rate of 2,000 tonnes per a day for a small portion of this mine.
More devastation would continued to take place when the metal market with significantly down during the time period of 1930. Further so the company was not done with this project when it had started sinking the No. 2 shaft on January, 16, 1930. Much of this development phase would sink the shaft from the mine 675 foot level to it's 1,571 foot level. Almost all sinking phases of the No. 2 shaft operation soon became completed by July, 14, 1930. This whole entire development procedures would cut, and station new levels on the mines 750, 1,000, 1,250, and its 1,500 foot level. In all development the company was mainly confined to further expanding the 300 foot level when a total of 35 feet of raising was done. More lateral development phase would also take place on the mines 500 level that was opened up further by 581 feet of drifting, 596 feet of crosscutting, and 918 feet of raising. Another level that was worked on during 1930, was known as the 1,000 foot level that became opened up by 910 feet of drifting, and 1,558 feet of crosscutting. In all shaft sinking phases the mine now had its own total development of 5,493 feet from all the constructing that took place. Even further stoping had taken place when the 300 foot level had a total of 4,700 tonnes of broken ore, and another 33,023 was also hoisted from this level. Some more extractions would also take place on the mines 500 foot level stope section as it now totalled 45,300 tonnes of broken ore, and another 31,836 tonne was hoisted. In all the ore that was hoisted the company had taken a total of 64,859 tonnes from the No, 2 shaft operation. By the end of the year the company, and its employees had mainly confined themselves to further crosscutting on the 1,500 level. No other development was strongly considered to have occurred as the company was further working on the 300, 500, and 1,500 foot levels during this time period.
All milling operations within 1930 had soon processed, and treated a major tonnage of ore that had it's own total of 64,859 tonnes. In all processing the mill was able to produce 3,444.61 tonnes of copper, 4,374.12 tonnes of zinc, 676.69 tonnes of lead, and 7,634.33 tonnes of Pyrite. No other additions we're place on any of the structures within the year of 1930, as the mine was further expanding during this time.
In 1931, the Treadwell Yukon Company, Limited was mainly confined to the mines 1,500 level as the company place further explorations, and development on this section. Within this time period the company would also not conduct any stoping procedures, and the mill was officially not operating as the metal market was to low. Nevertheless, the company would place some more development procedures that consisted of 3,920 feet of drifting, and 388 feet of crosscutting within that time period. This company was also conducting a major diamond drilling program that totalled 14,809 feet from different underground locations. With no other choices the company was face with suspending all mining operations at the Errington Mine on December, 15, 1931. As this major downfall had taken place the company would permanently remove all the underground equitment, and rails became removed by 1932, and the mining operation was allowed to flood.
1952 -Staked by the Ontario Pyrite Company, Limited
Mining operations at the Errington Mine had officially resumed by 1952, when another staking was made by the Ontario Pyrite Company, Limited. It was during this time period when the No. 1 and 2 shafts were being dewatered for the first time/ The No. 1 shaft was a vertical three compartment that was sunk to a depth of 619 feet below the surface. while the No. 2 shaft had reach a depth of 1,571 feet. This new opening had also resulted in the construction of several building that were developed near the shafts. Other major development had included the construction of an office, and camp area for the workers. For the most part it was stated that work was mainly being confined to the levels above the 500 foot level. As the workngs became dewatered the company had additionally commence drilling on the now exposed levels. Diamond drilling within the underground workings had consisted of 150 underground holes, totalling a length of 25,902 feet. Some surface holes also became driven within the hard rock that had consisted of 32 surface holes, totalling 7,541 feet in length. Other installations had included a diesel driven mining plant that was install by the No. 1 Shaft Operation. It was also at this time when the company was preparing to install an electrical mining plant near the No. 2 Shaft Operation.
1953 - Ontario Pyrite Company, Limited
Additionally the mine was service by five shaft operations which were sunken on this property. These historical shafts became determined as the No. 1, 2, and 3 Shaft. Other shaft operations were known as the Irwin, and River Shaft operations. These shafts were all known to have been sunken a different depth within this time period of obtaining the much needed information. At the time it was stated that the company was confined to dewatering the No. 2 Shaft Operation by the summer of 1953. This had soon resulted in establishing further crosscutting on the mines 500 and 750 foot levels. For the time being the company had stated that all mining operations were shut down by April, and the power plant was moved to the Vermillion Lake Mine. There was also an electrical power plant that was officially operational near the No. 2 shaft operations. Additionally it was reported that the power plant had consisted of a 60 by 48 inch double drum hoist, and one 2,800 cubic foot Canadian Ingersoll Rand Compressor with two english transformers. Other major pieces of equipment that became added had included a small test mill which was capable of treating 4 tons of ore per a day.
Lataral development completed on the No. 1 and 2 shaft levels in 1953
Level drifting crosscutting raising
300 foot 5,107 feet 4,370 feet 2,002 feet
500 foot 8,879 feet 4,016 feet 1,278 feet
750 foot ------------- 420 feet -------------
1,000 foot ------------- 15 feet -------------
1,500 foot 4,784 feet 1,538 feet 77 feet
Depths of all shaft operations
Shaft Depth Compartments
No. 1 shaft 619 feet 3
No. 2 shaft 1.571 feet 3
No. 3 shaft 409 feet 3
Irwin shaft 70 feet 1
River shaft 85 feet 1
1954 - Ontario Pyrites Company, Limited was re-organized into the Consolidated Sudbury Basin Mines, Limited.
Much of the mining operations within this time period were being focus at extending the 500 foot level by 110 feet of crosscutting. This also had resulted in diamond drilling that consisted of 4 underground holes totalling 1,605 feet in length. Mores so the company had made additions towards the Pilot Mill when it was now place back into operation in order to find a suitable way to treat the complex ore. Even more surface structures became added when the company constructed a building for storing the concentrate, a pump house, a boiler house at the No. 1 Shaft, and two family dwellings. As construction continued the company also added a 2,200 volt power line that connencted with the mine at a distance of a half a mile. More additional instalation were also made when the company develop an 8 inch water supply line that travelled for a distance of 1,800 feet. With development taking place the company also made mandory installations when a 20 H.P boiler, and a 60 Cycle, three phase, 2,200/550 Volt transformer became installed.
Lateral development completed on all shaf operations in 1954
Shaft Level Drifting Crosscutting Raising
No. 1 Shaft and No. 2 Shaft 300 5,107 feet 4,370 feet 2,002 feet
500 8,879 feet 4,126 feet 1,278 feet
No. 2 Shaft 750 ------------- 420 feet ---------------
1,000 ------------- 15 feet ---------------
1,500 4,784 feet 1,538 feet 77 feet
No. 3 Shaft 300 245 feet 1,725 feet 10 feet
1955 - Consolidated Sudbury Basin Mines, Limited
Mining operations at the Errington Mine had continued to take place when development was mainly being confined to the No. 1 and 2 Shafts. Production from the mine had consisted of 727 tonnes of ore that was hoisted from the workings that year. Diamond drilling also continued to take place within this time period, and had consisted of 69 surface holes, totalling 67,093 feet, and 41 underground drill holes totalling a length of 20,961 feet. Besides underground development the company also constructed a new head-frame that was 110 feet high. This development also followed by the establishment of a staff house, and bunkhouse. Plans were also being planned to dewater the No. 3 shaft operation at this time. In addition to this the company also place a temporary hoisting plant in order to prepare the underground workings.
Lateral development completed on each shaft in 1955
Shaft Level Drifting Crosscutting Raising
No. 1 and 2 300 5,107 feet 4,370 feet 2,002 feet
500 8,879 feet 5,202 feet 1,379 feet
No. 2 Shaft 750 1,313 feet 925 feet 40 feet
1,000 -------------- 15 feet ---------------
1,500 5,273 feet 1,801 feet 117 feet
No. 3 Shaft 400 245 feet 1,725 feet 105 feet
1956 - Consolidated Sudbury Basin Mines, Limited
Expanding had soon taken place when the company commence the sinking phase of the No. 5 Shaft Operation. Not a lot of work was reported to have takne place on this shaft as it was only sunk to a depth of 65 feet below the surface. Development, and production was mainly comining from the No. 1, 2, and 3 Shaft Operations at the time. As the mine continued to expand the company was able to hoist a total of 14,379 tonnoes of ore from the workings.With the mine continuing to expand the company had also conducted diamond drilling that consisted of 11 surface holes, totalling 17.038 feet, and 210 underground drill holes totalling 63,770 feet in length. As the No. 5 shaft was being sunk the company also added more structures that included 75 foot head-frame, shaft house, and hoist house. With the mine expanding the company also had installed an air tramline that was 5 miles long in order to bring the ore from the Vermillion Lake Mine. Company officials had also built their very own townsite when a total of eight houses became constructed.
Development completed by 1956 on all shafts
Shaft level Driftin crosscuts raising
No 1 and 2 Shafts 300 5,107 feet 4,370 feet 2,002 feet
500 9,535 feet 5,551 feet 1,379 feet
No. 2 Shaft 750 5,302 feet 1,615 feet 470 feet
1,000 1,828 feet 1,831 feet --------------
No. 3 Shaft 400 686 feet 1,857 feet 269 feet
1957 - Consolidated Sudbury Basin Mines, Limited.
No additional sinking was stated to have been done on the No. 5 Shaft operation within this time period. Almost all development was focus on extracting the ore from the No. 2 and 3 Shaft operations of the Errington Mine. Diamond drilling had consisted of 78 underground drill holes totalling a length of 14,380 feet. Other major events also occurred when the company place its milling facility into operation. Production from the mill was able to treat a total of 3,000 tonnes of ore on a daily basis. More structures also started to become developed when the company added a labratory building, assay office, crusher house, and switch house. This whole entire development was reported to have been done by the No. 5 Shaft operation. Some more additions were added to the company's machine shop, and two water tanks became added. The first of these tanks was capable of holding 75,000 gallons, and the second tank could hold up to 100,000 gallons of water. As the crusher house became developed the company had installed a 36 by 48 inch John Inglis Jaw Crusher, a dings magnet, and two symons cone crushers, The whole entire milling facility was mainly operated by three feeders, twenty-six flotation cells, two classifiers, three thickener tanks, one troughted conveyor belt that was 2,229 feet long, and three filters. Production from the mine was able to hoist a total of 4,023 tonnes of ore from the workings that year. Nothing else had taken place prior to the company abandoning mining operations at the Vermillion Lake Mine that most likely suspended operations at the Errington Mine Site.