It was from March to December, 1915, when another company took possession of this property by leasing its from the Mond Nickel Company. Agreements at the time were also made towards mining this area with the ore being purchased by the Mond Nickel Mining Company. The Mount Nickel Property at the time had also been taken up for further exploration work by the Sudbury Leasing and Development Company. Most of the whole entire property was also known to be situated on Lot. , within concession 6, of Blezard Township. Most of the work at the time was mainly being aimed at dewatering the No. 1 Shaft to a depth of 76 feet below the surface.
Prior to dewatering the shaft, the Sudbury Leasing and Development Company had also rehabilitated it. Work at the time was focus on straightening the main shaft and also further sinking it to a depth of 158 feet at an angle of 40 degrees. Lateral development had also followed when levels had become cut and station on the mines 78 and 142 foot horizons. Much of the ore that was located on the first mining level had become stoped out to the east and west side of the main No. 1 Shaft Operation. Stoping on the second level at 142 feet had also just commenced during this time period of opening up this newly developed level. Most the work that was done by the Leasees would only continue till the end of December, when the Mond Nickel Company had decided not to purchase the ore. Other statements reported that the section of the ore-body within the Mount Nickel Mine was anywhere between 30 to 40 feet wide and had assayed 1.04% Cu and 1.99% Ni. Diamond drilling that was done at the time had proven the continuity of the main ore-body that had calculated a reserve estimation of 270,000 tonnes grading 1.02% Cu and 1.80% Ni. Production for the time period resulted in hoisting a total of 13,000 tonnes of ore that was transported to the Stobie Branch Line by horses and sent to the Coniston Smelter. Much of the need mining machinery at the time had also consisted of a Lombert 125-H.P boiler, a 5-drill compressor and a 7-inch by 10-inch hoist. Not much capitalization at the time was also gained by the company as it had only been worth $40,000, with the president being J. A Holmes and Vice President and Manage being Thos Travers.
Falconbridge Nickel Mines Limited had once again resumed exploratory work that confirmed the downward plunge of the ore-body to a depth of 700 feet in 1950. It was by 1952 when the company had progressed towards dewatering the Mount Nickel Mine Shaft in 1952. With dewatering complete the company had rehabilitated the shaft and started on deepening it to a depth of 372 feet below the surface. This resulted in opening up another level at 240 feet as lateral development would continue to define the ore-body. Production was first achieved in 1953, when ore was taken out from the stope sections on the 142 and 240 -foot horizons of the Mount Nickel Mine. Hoisting was also being done as the ore became hoisted from the underground workings and would additionally be shipped to the smelter owned by the Falconbridge Nickel Mines Limited. It was also at this point in time when production was rather on going and the mine would officially close down by 1959. Most of this closure was mainly due to not being able to find good mining lengths in order to keep production going at the Mount Nickel Mine Site. Much of the mineralization is know to be mainly made up of pyrrhotite, chalcopyrite, pentlandite, granite, and gabbro and is apart of the South Range Deposits.