Further drilling was also continued through 1934, when the company had completed a total of 5,000 feet of Diamond Drilling by May of that year. As good indications of gold became discovered the company would now start development procedures on the much need structures. This whole entire development phase had included the construction of 2 bunk houses, store house, dry house, Blacksmith Shop, Hoist House, 15,000 gallon water tank, pump house, office building, and a power magazine. With development taking place the company would also start building a plant that had consisted of 2 1000 H.P steam, return tumbler boilers, a 10 by 12 inch Marsh Hoist, an Ingersoll-Sargent 4 drill compressor, steel sharpener, oil furnaces, and a single action 1,500 gallon per hour capacity pump that was powered by a 25 H.P vertical steam boiler.
After installing the much need machinery to run this plant the company would place it in operation by December,1934, and shaft sinking was now being started. Preparations for the shaft we're being further planned as the company anticipated to put the shaft down to the mines 500 foot level. This development would than commence construction phase of the first level which was being cut on the 125 foot level. At the time it was also reported the Alex Gillies was the person who became in charge of all mining operations.
In 1934, a new option was soon being transferred to the Rahill Red Lake Mining Company, Limited who had work on two claims. It was also within this time period when the company had incorporated it self to take over the two claims on Gold Eagle Property that was adjoined the Martin McNeely property to the west. At the time most of the work within these projects was confined to surface explorations, and the company conducted 5,113 feet of diamond drilling. With good gold indications the company started developing a 7 by 12 foot , vertical shaft on claim K.LR 6687. At the time it was reported that the newly developed shaft was sunk to a depth of 20 feet by hand methods within that year.
With the shaft being developed the company had other ideas when development of a plant was started in 1935. Much of this whole entire plant had included the following installations of a 20 H.P Locomotive type boiler, a 60 H.P locomotive type boiler, a 360 cubic foot oil engine driven by a compressor, and a 6 by 8 inch, single drum steam hoist. Almost all of this installation had taken the company one month to complete as the plant was in operation by November, 24, at which date operations became suspended. At the time much of the whole entire property included the following structures that consisted of bunk-house, cookery, office, powder magazine, and power house.
Development was also taking place on the claims where the Eagle Gold Mines, Limited had first discovered this gold deposit. Within 1935, the company was once again on the move when the shaft was sunken to a depth of 525 below the shaft collar. From here the working became cut on the mines 125, 250, 375, and 500 foot sections. The first level at 125 feet was rather reported to be a station for the main shaft operation at this time. Another level at 250 feet was now being opened up by 276 feet pf drifting, and crosscutting. With the shaft reaching greater depths the company also opened up another level at 375 feet. This level was than opened up by a huge amount of lateral development that totaled 400 feet of drifting, and crosscutting combined. Nevertheless, company officials also place development phases on the mines 500 foot level that became opened up by 755 feet of drifting, and crosscutting. Nothing else had occurred during that year, as the mine was kept in operation with the plant running on a good amount of steam. Almost all development of this mining zone was known to have occurred on an extension of the shear zone that came from McKenzie Red Lake Mine
Development continued to take place throughout the year of 1936, when the mine working were being expanded. Within this time period it was reported that a huge amount of development was accomplished on the 125 foot level. In all development this level became opened up by 539 feet of drifting, 135 feet of crosscutting, and no raising was done. On the 250 foot level it was reported that this company had completed 624 feet of drifting, 59 feet of crosscutting, and raises became driven for total development footage of 50 feet. Expansion to the underground working would also continue to take place on the 375 foot level that was further expanded by 365 feet of drifting, and 225 feet of raising. The last level that was situated on the mines 500 foot level became rapidly developed by 1,785 feet of drifting, 992 feet of crosscutting, and 210 feet of raising.
Much of the buildings on this property had included a powerhouse, boiler house, bunk house, and cookery, office, powder magazine, cap house, and assay office. By September, 1936, the mine site was once again going under a change when hydro-electrical power was brought into the property. With this change happening the Gold Eagle Gold Mines, Limited had also place engineering phase towards a new power plant. This whole entire plant had included a Bellis Morcome 1,100 cubic foot electric compressor, and a Fullerton, Hodgart and Barclay double 42 by 24 inch drum hoist driven by a 125 H.P motor.
By the following year of 1937 most of the mining operations became suspended due to financial issue but were resumed again in December, and continued until June, 1937. Most of this was caused due to underground mining operations being cease while the new 125 tonne cyanide mill was being developed. It was officially reported to have been in operation by October of the same year. This whole entire milling facility would consist of its own components that included four 14 by 16 foot Dorr agitator, two 28 by 12 foot Dorr Thickener, a 24 inch Perrin filter press, a 48 inch Akins Classifier, an 8 by 10 foot Oliver Filter, a 20 by 10 inch Allis Chalmers Blake type Jaw Crusher, a 3 by 6 foot Allis Chalmers Ball Mill, a 650 cubic foot Babcock-Wilcox Vacuum Pump, a 5 inch Allis Chalmers Gyratory Crusher, and a 320 cubic foot Babcock-Wilcox Compressor.
Besides adding the much need parts to the mill, the Gold Eagle Gold Mines, Limited would also add more buildings to it's operation. Much of this development work had included the mill building to house the 120 tonne unit,a Crusher House, a refinery Dry House, Office, and ware-house, and an addition to the Blacksmith Shop.
Underground development was also escalating within the year of 1937, when the workings became extended. The first level at 125 feet had now traveled even further when it had a total development footage of 681 feet of drifting, 135 feet of crosscutting, and raises became driven for a distance of 199 feet. This level alone had consisted of 1 stope section that was known as an open underhand stope. By that time it was also noted that development would occur on the 250 foot level that was opened up by 848 feet of drifting, 145 feet of crosscutting, and 397 feet of raising which was done that year. In addition this level had extracted much of the ore from 2 stopes that were describe as Open Overhand stope types. Further underground construction had also commenced on the 375 foot level which was opened up by 1,222 feet of drifting, 132 feet of crosscutting, and 386 feet of raising.Production from this level was taken from two stopes that where considered as Open Overhand stope types. The last level which was cut on the 500 foot level was also extensive in development that was opened up by 2,435 feet of drifting, 1,801 feet of crosscutting, and 463 feet of raising. Not to mention that the 500 foot level also had two stope section that produce much of the ore that came from this operation. From all extractions that year the Gold Eagle Gold Mines, Limited was able to extract. and hoist a total of 9,921 tonnes of ore, in which 1,480 tonnes was sorted. All milling operations that year were rather operated at a steady base that ended up processing a total of 8,435 tonnes. From all production that year it was reported that the company would end up with a revenue of $73,083.46 in gold, and silver values.
Mining operations at the Gold Eagle Mine were rather known to be continuous through of the year of 1938. It was within this time period when major expansion had started to occur within the company's underground workings. Almost all development was being aimed at further sinking the No. 1 shaft to a scorching depth of 759 feet. As further sinking had commence the company was once again on the move when two levels became developed. These two level had been cut on the mines 600 and 700 foot levels as the Gold Eagle Gold Mines, Limited wanted to know the extend of these veins at depth.
Within 1938, the Gold Eagle Gold Mines, Limited had also constructed more development on five ore producing levels. Much of the first level was only expanded by 108 feet of raising that became driven, and had now totaled 307 feet of raising that was accomplished on this level.Some more raises soon became driven on the mines 375 foot level that was now expanded by 400 feet of raising in total lateral development on this level. With the levels expanding the company would also focus on developing the working in the 500 foot level when 2,362 feet of drifting, 1,861 feet of crosscutting, and 766 feet of raising was completed.
At the time it was reported that the newly developed 600 foot level was now opened up by a total of 340 feet of drifting, 228 feet of crosscutting, and 184 feet of raising. Another level that became developed within this time period was known as the 700 foot level. In addition it was reported that this level became opened up by a total lateral development footage of 557 feet of drifting, 19 feet of crosscutting, and 161 feet of raising in 1938.
On November, 1938, an agreement was officially being put in place with Cochenour Willans Gold Mines, Limited. This whole entire agreement had stated that the Gold Eagle Gold Mines, Limited would have to mill the Cochenour ore during a short period each month. Within the months of Febuary, April, and March, this company had milled at total of 4,729 tonnes of ore that came from the Cochenou Willans Gold Mines. Most of the ore that became produce had came from development, the East Mine or Shearing, the mines stopes, and some from the surface dump.
By the following year in 1939, the company was rather conducting underground exploration on this mining property. In addition most of this exploration work had occurred on two level within the East Mine or a shearing zone which was explored by diamond drilling, and drifting. At the time much of this was being conducted on the newly developed 600 foot level. Further explorations would commence when 228 feet of crosscutting, and 340 feet of drifting was completed. With this development work completed the company would now commence diamond drilling that was done on this level. Almost all of this work was known to have failed in intersecting any valued downward extensions that was obtained from the ore on the 500 foot level. Not to mention it was also reported that much of all the ore within the 600 foot level was in granite. Some more exploration continued to take place on 700 foot level that became explored by 600 feet of drifting that was done in sediments. But this to had also failed to locate any continuous ore-bodies besides encountering visible gold during development phases.
As the company started to run into ore depletion problems they would hire out a professional geologist to examine this mining zone. Almost all of this geological examination was being conducted by two geologists who became identified as Dr. W.F James, and Dr. O.L Backman. With this exploration under way the two geologists would recommended that 5,000 feet of diamond drilling needed to be accomplished.
From January 1st to April, the Gold Eagle Gold Mines, Limited had also completed extensive development procedures. All of this mine development work had consisted of 1,303 feet of drifting, 292 feet of crosscutting, 1,025 feet of raising, 31 feet of sinking, 10 feet of stationing, 412 feet of slashing, and 11,259 feet of underground diamond drilling. As this development became achieved it was also reported that the company had milled 57,210 tonnes of ore. In total production the company was now exceeding 128,974 tonnes of ore from start to 1939. In total recovery the company was able to obtain a value of $320,472.28 in gold, and silver bullion that year.
All mining operations had been known to be continuous within the year 1940, when more production, and development took place. By this time the Gold Eagle Gold Mines, Limited was once again on the move when expansions were being made on the two compartment vertical winze shaft collared on the 500 foot level. Much of these expansions were being focus on further sinking this internal winze shaft to another 138 feet which was now reaching a depth of 542 feet or 1,042 feet below the surface level. With this development completed the company, and it's workforce had now cut new levels at 850 and 1,000 feet. These levels alone became extensively developed as the 850 foot level alone had been opened up by 341 feet of drifting, 227 feet of crosscutting, and 84 feet of raising was also started. The last level that became developed at 1,000 feet within the Internal Winze shaft1,832 feet of drifting, and 851 feet of crosscutting.
Development of the Gold Eagle Mine would continue to take place on the main shaft levels, when the 125 foot level had it's own total lateral development of 919 feet of drifting, 150 feet of crosscutting, and 442 feet of raising. Another level located at 250 feet was also expanding when it was opened up by 1,746 feet of drifting, 198 feet of cross cutting, and 432 feet of raising was done. Mining operations would also continue to expand the 375 foot level when it now had a lateral development of 1,980 feet of drifting, 135 feet of crosscutting, and 841 feet of raising. The 500 foot level was also extended further within the hard-rock as it now had 2,895 feet of drifting, 1,943 feet of crosscutting, and 620 feet of raising was completed.
Some other development work was also being confined to Internal winze shaft operation when the 600 foot level had a total lateral development of 566 feet of drifting, 165 feet of crosscutting, and 447 feet of raising. With mining operations expanding within the winze shaft operation, the company's workforce of 100 miners had also extended the 700 foot level. At this time it was reported that this level became opened up by 618 feet of drifting, 75 feet of crosscutting, and 540 feet of raising which was completed.
Besides underground development the company also focus on expanding some of it's building that included adding additions to the Machine Shop, Cap House, and Magazine. Even more power was added to the plant when the Gold Eagle Gold Mines, Limited would install a 15 K.V.A , single phase, 60 cycle, Canadian General Electric Transformer. Even the milling facility was in operation when it had processed a total of 46,116 tonnes of ore from the 59,181 tonnes that was hoisted from the mine.
Some exploration work had also commenced when the company had started constructing 500 feet of trenching. With this taking place it was also reported that four deep diamond drill holes from the 12 surface holes became driven to a depth of 2,009 feet. Even more diamond drilling would be done from underground levels that had consisted of 79 holes, totalling 9,429 feet. After completing these explorations It was found that the company did not intersect an new ore in 1940.
By the following year in 1941, the Gold Eagle Gold Mines, Limited would continue underground explorations on a few levels. It was reported that the company would continue to drift west on the 125 and 500 foot levels, while drifting east on the 375, and 1,000 foot levels. In total development the company's workforce was able to complete 43 feet of drifting on the 125 foot level, 670 feet of drifting on the 1,000 foot level, 102 feet of drifting on the 375 foot level, and 132 feet of drifting on the 1,000 foot level. Much of this exploration was being aimed at uncovering further extensions to what was called the Gold Eagle Vein.
Out of all the ore that came from the shearing, it was found that 7,029 tonnes came from the shearing,3,883 tonnes from development, and the remainder 3,140 tonnes came stopes. A huge production of 46,505 tonnes of ore was also taking from the Gold Eagle Vein Zone. It was reported that 4,013 tonnes of ore came from development, and the remainder 42,492 tonnes had came from stopes.
Development within 1941, would continue to take place on five levels as the whole entire mine was being explored. Within this time period the company would continue to further expand the 375 foot level when it was now opened up by 1,783 feet of drifting, 132 feet of crosscutting, and 841 feet of raising. Further development work was also being confined to the 500 foot level when it now had a total lateral development footage of 3,322 feet of drifting, 1,996 feet of crosscutting, and 1,680 feet of raising. Even the workings on the 600 foot level became expanded by a total development footage of 520 feet of drifting, 228 feet of crosscutting, and 322 feet of raising. Other construction work was also being done on the 700 foot level when it became constructed by 600 feet of drifting, 40 feet of crosscutting, and 350 feet of raising. In addition the Gold Eagle Gold Mines, Limited would also conduct their own explorations work on the 1,000 foot level. This whole entire level would consist of it's own lateral work of 1,462 feet of drifting, 1,030 feet of crosscutting, and 296 feet of raising was completed in 1941.
In addition the company would continue it's diamond drilling campaign until the earlier part of 1941. Almost all of this drilling face was being done in hopes of intersecting any good gold ore below the 1,000 foot level of the Gold Eagle Mine. This whole entire exploration phase had consisted of 13 holes, totalling a depth of 5,485 feet that became drilled from underground, and another 5 holes, totalling 500 feet were drilled from the surface. By this time it was found that the core samples had disclosed ore at a depth of 1,850 feet below the surface. It was rather reported that work within this area wasn't warranted at this time period as the company had mined all the available ore, and the Gold Eagle Mine was officially closed on September, 12, 1941. Milling operations at the company's facility had continued to operate until September, 14, and had treated a total of 38,037 tonnes of the 46,207 tonnes of ore mine that year.
With mining operations suspended the company would salvage all of the underground equipment, and the working we're allowed to flood. Some stores, and supplies we're also sold but the company had kept its 125 tonne cyanide Mill, and Power Plant intact. By this time the whole entire mining operation had it's own workforce of 77 miners who became employed by the company before the mine site became officially closed.