Some more stakings on this claim was made in 1922, by the Empire Asbestos Mines, Limited as the company further explored this property. It was rather being extensively explored for Asbestos as the company wanted to know the grading of this deposit. Further diamond drilling, and sampling became establish when the company had hit a rich asbestos discovery; This whole entire discovery soon had made further engineering plans when the company was now sinking the first shaft to a depth of 20 feet below the ground. It was here when the company discovered some asbestos but the showing weren't encouraging enough to actually develop this mining operation. So the mine was left to become abandoned once again as the asbestos deposit wasn't high in grade
More changes soon became made when the property was acquired by the Rahn Lake Mines Corporation in 1936. It was reported that the company had acquired the mine site from the Clover Leaf Mining Company, Limited, and the Empire Asbestos Mines Company. The company had additionally commenced their own explorations before sinking two shafts within this time period. It was reported that the company had sunk the No. 1 shaft to a depth of 100 feet, while the No. 2 prospect shaft was only reaching 55 feet in depth. At the time it was rather reported that more high grade asbestos was discovered within the No. 1 shaft operation. By this time period much of the work was mainly confined to the mines 100 foot level as 20 feet of crosscutting, and 30 feet of drifting was completed. As the shaft had gotten deeper the company also establish a hoist system that hoisted 1,475 1/2 tonnes of asbestos ore during that year. This also had contributed some waste that only totalled 491 tonnes of waste material from the mines workings. Most of the construction during that year was mainly focus on developing a 3 mile road, and a fiber-sorting house.
By 1937, the Rahn Lake Mine Corporation had constructed two milling facilities, the first one being 30 by 38 feet, and the second one was 30 by 30 feet. In addition the company also developed an addition to the boiler house that was now 30 by 50 feet in measurement. The company also place major development on the No.1 shaft when a level was establish at 90 feet, and the No. 2 shaft had it's own level at 60 feet below the shaft collar. As the shafts continued to expand the company also place further development when 70 feet of drifting was done. No other production or development had escalated during that year of extracting some material from the ground.
Within 1938, the Rahn Lake Mine Corporation had expanded the No. 1 shaft operation during this time period. As the shaft was reaching a depth of 100 feet, the company had additionally further sunken the shaft to the mines 130 foot section. Almost all development on this mining operation was aimed at sinking the shaft, and also developing the 100 foot level with 80 feet of crosscutting. Even further construction would continue to take place within this mining zone when the company developed a managers residence, a three car garage, and it's own mechanics workshop, and tool house. Besides developing small structures the company also place major engineering plans on a 200 tonne milling facility that was being developed by the end of 1938.
Company officials from the Rahn Lake Mine Corporation had extensively developed this mining zone further in 1939. It was reported that the No. 1 shaft was further expanded to a depth of 140 feet below the shaft collar, and was now made into a two compartment shaft operation. The company during this time period had mainly confined their own operations to the 100 foot level of the No. 1 shaft. By this time the company place more crosscutting. and some stoping procedures within the 100 foot level as it continue to expand the crosscuts by 80 feet, and added a small amount of raising that totalled 50 feet. Even the 200 tonne milling facility was up, and running but had not treated any ore as the company was getting ready to sell this operation by the end of 1939, and into 1940.
All ownership of the Rahn Lake Mine became acquired by the Montrose Mines, Limited after coming to an agreement with Rahn Lake Mine Corporation in 1940. The Montrose Mines Limited was also incorporated during this year when it took over operations from the Rahn Lake Mine Corporation. This whole entire claim soon had comprise of 24 claims that consisted 847 acres of continuous mining land in Montrose, and Bannockburn Township, Matachewan area, in the district of Timiskaming. At the time much of this mining operation included the No. 1 shaft that was reaching a depth of 140 feet, and the 200 tonne milling facility.. Within 1940, the company was mainly confined to the 100 foot level as more development commenced. Almost all development that took place included a small amount of drifting, and raising within this level. Some explorations were also being establish when some diamond drilling was done from the surface, and the mines underground workings. No other development had escalated by the company as the mine was being further worked on by stoping procedures, and some drifting, and raising. After not succeeding in this operation the Montrose Mines Limited would end up abandoning mining operations.
The geology formation of this area contains light green cross-fiber asbestos that's found in veins averaging 1/2 inches wide. In addition the veins within this mine are cut off by a light olive green color that forms into black massive serpentine, and also contributes small grains of magnetite. It was also notice that the mine also had another formation of pyrite, and Pyrrhotite, which was in calcite veins.
Another staking was made in 1945, by a prospector known as E. Amos who discovered gold to the west side of the Rahn Lake Mine, and The Ashley Gold Mine. By this time a new company had token over the claims that became known as the Golden Bounty Mining Co After conducting 591 feet of diamond drilling the company soon had noted that the best intersection from this drilling phase was taken from a 10 foot core length which average 0.21 ounces of gold per a tonne. Another major gold estimation was taken from a trench that was 20 feet in length and had average 0.182 ounces of gold per a tonne.
Another report was made in 1948, by the Rahn Mines Corporation who had encountered a auriferous quartz vein. The company would later commence stripping on the west side of a small knoll that exposes a 25 foot vein that dipped to the west at 45 degrees. This vein also average a thickness that range from 5 to 12 inches. and expands for a distance of 335 feet to the north, and swings to the southeast. Surface samples from this vein had indicated that the vein contains pyrite, and is known to have been sampled for a distance of 400 feet of strike length. It also considered to hold good gold values that we're indicate from the report. These gold grades are known to have assayed 1.04, 1.12, 0.05, 0.12, 3.20, and 16.00 ounces of gold per a tonne of rock mined. It was later bought by Caramora Porcupine Mines, Limited The Caramora Porcupine Mine, Limited had continued to explore this project by surface diamond drilling that came upon another vein discovery. It was here that the mineralized vein contained Native Visible Gold, and telluride minerals