The Dane Copper Mine Property was first initially discovered within the year 1911, when several mines started to open up within Dane Station, Ontario, Canada. A copper discovery was shortly made within that year by the historical Dane Mining Company, from Larder Lake, Ontario, Canada. Further explorations of the area had taken place when much of the overburden was stripped, and some surface work commence. With good indications of Copper Ore, the company had now fully started sinking two prospect shafts. The first of these shafts became sunken to a depth of 100 feet, while the No.2 or main shaft had reach 118 feet. Further expanding would continue when the No. 2 shaft was being open up by crosscutting on the 50 and 100 foot levels. Structural development within 1911, had also taken place when a plant was installed at the mine site. This whole entire facility had included two 100 H.P Boilers, one 75 H.P boiler, a 6 drill compressor, and two hoists. Nothing else was known to have take place within 1911, as the mine was being fully develop. All mining operations became cease by the company when it was revealed that the Copper Discovery was not economically worth developing.