Gold Rock Mine
Underground Development 1904 - Gold Rock Mine
Gold Rock at the time was confined to historical claim A.L. 206 that borders the north shore, and is a short distance to east of Manitou Lake. One of the very first mining companies to have operated the Gold Park Mine was the Summit Lake Mining Company. It was during this period of time that the company had acquired locations A. L. 207, 208, H.W. 31, 35, and G. 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, and 22. Each of these claims were additionally considered to have been located in vicinity of Mud and Summit Lakes.
Mining operations which were undertaken had been mainly confined to the sinking of the No. 3 Shaft as it was to be made the main working shaft. At the time, mining was confined to sinking the shaft down to 15.24-metres below the surface. Entrance to the mine was being done by using the bucket way as no ladders were used to gain entry. The No. 1 Shaft is situated at approximately 60.96-metres west, and 20° north of the No. 3 Shaft. Its also a shallow shaft reaching a total depth of 60.96-metres below the surface. One of the very first levels was opened up at the bottom and mainly consists of a crosscut driven 7.92-metres. A closure at the time was made, as the Summit Mining Company was confined to laterally developing the No. 3 Shaft. The reasoning for closing the No. 1 Shaft was directly aimed at making way for a connection between the No. 1 and No. 3 workings.
At Gold Rock, the No. 2 Shaft is known to be at approximate distance of 106.68-metres north-east of the No. 3 Shaft, and is a few metres higher up the hill. At the first level depth of 24.38-metres, a crosscut was driven 6.09-metres west, and 9.14-metres east. The No. 2 shaft is one of the deepest engineered structures to be developed, and is known for reaching at depth of 30.48-metres.
Underground Development (Gold Rock Mine) – 1905
Gold Rock was a mine site operated by the Gold Rock Mining and Milling Company, and consists of historical claims H.P. 405 and 407. Location H.P – 405 is known to adjoin the Big Master Mine Site on the southeast. A total of three shafts were sunk at this location which included two shallow shafts to a depth of 15.24-metres, and 41.14-metres. In 1905, work at the time was carried on for about 5 months within the deepest shaft sunk to a depth of 41.14-metres. Lateral development would be focus on driving a drift into the hill side by Selby Lake. As reported the outcrop of the vein on the hill is about 24.38-metres above the drift, which is driven for a length of 41.14-metres. Another shaft that was 17.06-metres was sunk at a distance of 243.84-metres southwest of the tunnel. A Lingerwood hoist and 20 horsepower boiler were being used for this development work.