It was in 1901, when a copper prospect was discovered on the south half of Lot. 3, within the second concession of Aberdeen Township. It was also located one mile north of Rock Lake, which was owned by Wm. Fraser of Bruce Mines, Ontario, Canada. As the copper showing became discovered it was then optioned out to Noah W. Grey from Michigan United States. Mr. Grey was also known as a representative who had work under contract for the Pioneer Mining Company. With the claim option it was at this time when the prospector had commence development on what would become the Fraser Copper Property. Exploration development would additionally progress when two prospect shafts were sunk last fall in 1900. This resulted in exploring an intermixed trap, and quartz vein which carried chalcopyrite by sinking the first shaft to a depth of 35 feet, and the other shaft was only 8 feet deep. This exploratory phase also resulted in exploring the green intermixed trap vein by conducting further trenching along the vein area that's composed of minor sulphides mineralization. Not a lot of work had been accomplish during this time period, prior to preparing the property for further explorations in the spring of 1902.